MilitaryRP Map Update [6/29/2018]

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

Current bases layout, looking for criticism and potentially changing things up

Leave any ideas or criticism (please no trolling or u get dat warning)

Note: both bases feature an underground area that is accessible via the hub building (bottom left)

US Base

16dc7da96b0a617c1bb30fb5a1d08324.jpg

From left to right

Hub building, training facility, kill-house, jail, warehouse

RU Base

7eec456aac117c6de92be38166daa954.jpg

From left to right

HUB building, warehouse, shooting range/training facility, kill-house

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

inb4 obligitory "WOW GARNET. GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP. PROUD OF YOU"
RU base looks slightly more spacious than US base. probably just my mind playing tricks on me.

US base looks neat and compact, and properly pathed.

To me, I think that the RU shooting range looks a little weird in how it's been placed. 

An alternative that i'd do would be to rotate the top right corner 90 degrees and swap the position of the killhouse with it

Just now, Agent 224 said:

A jail?US GET MP BACK??????if not then why is it added, besides that maybe add a little bit more light in the bases.

No MP. The jail is being added to possibly be a spot to bring the kidnappee from the missions or even for kidnapped players. 

Another idea I heard from someone (can't remember who) is to put people there who are jailed by Diplomats (handcuffs or some sort of arresting system still needs to be added to the classes). They might be freed if someone griefs the button though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Phantom said:

No MP. The jail is being added to possibly be a spot to bring the kidnappee from the missions or even for kidnapped players. 

Another idea I heard from someone (can't remember who) is to put people there who are jailed by Diplomats (handcuffs or some sort of arresting system still needs to be added to the classes). They might be freed if someone griefs the button though.

Seems legit.

• The Garnut
3 hours ago, Church of Zero Two said:

inb4 obligitory "WOW GARNET. GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP. PROUD OF YOU"
RU base looks slightly more spacious than US base. probably just my mind playing tricks on me.

US base looks neat and compact, and properly pathed.

To me, I think that the RU shooting range looks a little weird in how it's been placed. 

An alternative that i'd do would be to rotate the top right corner 90 degrees and swap the position of the killhouse with it

You were so right about hte "GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP" haha

It's not your brain playing tricks on you, I have yet to "fine detail" the RU base because i'm not very happy with its layout, so its missing alot of decors which US currently has.

I'm going to try rotating the building and relocating KH as per your request ?

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Garnet said:

Garnet Gaming

Current bases layout, looking for criticism and potentially changing things up

Leave any ideas or criticism (please no trolling or u get dat warning)

Note: both bases feature an underground area that is accessible via the hub building (bottom left)

US Base

16dc7da96b0a617c1bb30fb5a1d08324.jpg

From left to right

Hub building, training facility, kill-house, jail, warehouse

RU Base

7eec456aac117c6de92be38166daa954.jpg

From left to right

HUB building, warehouse, shooting range/training facility, kill-house

Quick question, so are these HUB buildings basically our debriefs or are they like our spawns? Also the exteriors of the bases look very dim, maybe some lights/more fires would rectify that? Other than that I think the map is coming along nicely. Well done garnet. 

There's no snow or even light spread out soft pack in the bases or on the roofs? At least the road maybe? Also, in US base. What's going on with the giant yellow silo? Seems empty in that area. No gate doors? That'd be kinda cool but it's not huge ? Looks great man! Excited. 

Is there a reason US has jail but RU doesnt? I was about to say "Great moves, keep it up, proud of you"  but now I cant. cuz the jail makes sense for kidnap (player kidnap), as mentioned. But Ru does have one ? Bias? All seriousness though both should have jail and thanks for your work.

Also maybe add back the flags on each base?