Raiding

Ziggy

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

I found these raids are easy to counter and escape as long as you're paying attention and have your weapon ready

You played on US for one war. It’s the constant repetition of the raids you can’t counter. People find different ways to get into the base that you may not have known were possible. Not trying to whine because I play US but just saying. 

• Cringe 1
20 hours ago, DannKeb said:

But he didn't even mention their names once in the original post? It only got brought up because people started talking about factions instead of the actual suggestion. 

The staff will NOT be spectating a player, they will noclip in the sky while being invisible, this was already addresed but you didn't read I guess. Noclip is available to atleast Mod+ if they haven't changed it and tbh, the staff not being invisble shouldnt be a big factor since they're gonna be high up in the air. 

Staff(below admin) does not spectate a player at all using their staff powers currently, but I have used spectating to catch a lot of things not only hacking. And Staff shouldn't no clip at all unless it's to a sit. 

4 hours ago, RegretTheManEater said:

You played on US for one war. It’s the constant repetition of the raids you can’t counter. People find different ways to get into the base that you may not have known were possible. Not trying to whine because I play US but just saying. 

There are only two entrances to the main briefing hall. There is more than one briefing hall. The towers overlook majority of the base, and although they are pretty poor in stopping raiders, you can see quite a lot up there.

It is easy to balance hosting a debrief and watching for a raid. Right now, US has isn't the best with communicating about raids. Send a small group to watch the entire building, scout the rest of the base, and so on; not the entire US forces. And complaining that raids are too much for y'all while not raiding back against RU makes you even more of a target. If you want to apply some sort of roleplay reason, it makes the US look weak.

I have noticed that US either: send everyone out of debrief to watch for a raid, or send no one. Which one does the feed happen on mostly? Which one is chaos because you can't get back to the debrief? Balance it out.

13 minutes ago, shrimp said:

RP levels through the roof. I guess the super serious RP aspect of these raids nowadays must be classified even to a Vega Lieutenant. 

I've got no clue why people are claiming raids have any roleplay significance, including you and Bishop. Granted, they should have some sort of roleplay aspect attached to it, but in all of my time playing Garnet I've rarely seen raids that utilize roleplay. From my perspective it has always been "get the most kills". Sometimes US or RU would incorporate roleplay and create a proper reason to raid, like losing a war. And raids were done less often back then (note that it has only been a little over a year, I joined to stay back on Siberia), but the great majority that I have seen have been for the feeds - especially back when we couldn't kill or enter buildings during the raid, we'd have to strategically get close and kill the people lining up for war (which could also be attached to roleplay: you still have two minutes to prepare again, but we still have that sense of we have the advantage even if that isn't necessarily true).

Raiding debriefs is a bit of a scummy move, but these bases are designed in a way that stopping a raid is easily achievable - and I can guarantee that both sides are not utilizing that design in their favor when defending from a raid.

• 300 IQ 3
39 minutes ago, Torch said:

I've got no clue why people are claiming raids have any roleplay significance

They haven't since silent raids were a thing, which was way back when I first started out, and even then it was a stretch to say anything had RP significance. What bothers me is when people do or defend things under the pretense of RP, when they really have nothing to do with it. E.g whoever said that their reasons to raid are CLASSIFIED RP. 

1 hour ago, shrimp said:

BLABvPK.png

RP levels through the roof. I guess the super serious RP aspect of these raids nowadays must be classified even to a Vega Lieutenant. 

If you read my whole quote I said CS desert I didn’t say anything about now I doubt there is that much RP even if they say there is all I see from raids is then just trying to get feeds or bait people but nothing really else

last TRUE RP raid I ever saw was when RU would break into US war room in CS and “download data” which was really cool but with these new maps there’s nothing to really do like that 

or even for the memes trying to steal the green beans 

Edited by Harris
  • Like 3
  • Cringe 1
14 hours ago, Harris said:

If you read my whole quote I said CS desert I didn’t say anything about now I doubt there is that much RP even if they say there is all I see from raids is then just trying to get feeds or bait people but nothing really else

last TRUE RP raid I ever saw was when RU would break into US war room in CS and “download data” which was really cool but with these new maps there’s nothing to really do like that 

or even for the memes trying to steal the green beans 

I miss the green beans, but there is the random book that could be used as some sort of raid object that both sides could fight for. Maybe it's some sort of military intelligence, who knows. Having a reason to raid within RP would definitely make raids for both sides feel more fun and worth doing rather than just trying to lob some nades to get a nice feed. Would also give people a reason to raid with other classes than one with explosives.

18 hours ago, shrimp said:

BLABvPK.png

We do carry out raids for intimidation. Especially prewar raids. Nothing is better then being in DB and all you see is a raid advert go out and the following seconds a good 20 people pop up in the kill feed. Its amazing psychological warfare. Think about it, from a standpoint of a moral booster. Take the case of RU raiding US. When RU raids US in their DB they are annoyed and upset they all just got killed, while back at RU base people are cheering and having fun because one of their guys just killed legit everyone in their DB. It starts the war off with RU being happy and ready, while US is annoyed and slightly disorganized. Plus if you guys do believe you are being raided, do something about it. I've seen many raids ruined just by US being prepared. Just as simple as one guy in each guard tower and one in tuns. Or you can just move where you do your DB. Unless I am mistaken you do not have to do your DB in the DB. I remember back on CS Desert (when I played US) we started having DB in a bunker and it was harder to get wiped. All I am trying to say is that if you can prep better then you might fend against them better. You can also do these raids yourself, but it does not help when you have two squads of RU SOC pull up to US base when the gates are open and nobody is in guard towers nor tunnels. At that point its on you.

• Cringe 1
11 minutes ago, Smity said:

raids for intimidation.

Maybe, but the claim was that your raids were RP based, so now I know for sure that whoever was making that statement was lying. Anyways, when it comes to psychological warfare and undermining the enemies morale, nobody knows more about that than me (See: ISI at any given point). Sadly, you guys are 'having fun' or whatever you want to call it at the expense of others, which is retarded and you should feel bad for. It's a game, relax. 

When you stack wars like that (this has happened before) people get annoyed by it and stop playing. Trust me when I say that the server is a lot less fun when you don't have anybody to fight against. Actions have consequences.

12 minutes ago, Smity said:

all you see is a raid advert go out and the following seconds a good 20 people pop up in the kill feed.

Alright, confirming my theory that it is just for the 'EPIC FEEDS'.

13 minutes ago, Smity said:

RU raids US in their DB they are annoyed and upset they all just got killed, while back at RU base people are cheering and having fun because one of their guys just killed legit everyone in their DB.

Yeah, this is pretty classic 'toxic' behavior. You can't be doing that kids. It's not good for the server. Trust me, I know the sentiment that 'US can go fuck off and die', I did make RU after all, but it's really bad for the longevity of the server. Just be better at the game, and then you can talk shit. (CLARIFICATION: THE GAME IS NOT BEING ABLE TO GET FEEDS.)

Edited by shrimpus
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The Garnut
On 12/13/2019 at 10:41 AM, Bishopil said:

. Anyways, the suggestion here is to bring back the rule where you need permission from a T. Admin+ to raid before doing so. 

Part of the reason US keeps losing wars is because nobody can actually state the problems that they face because they’re always preparing for some nades to slide under their feet. I think debriefs should be about the war, not about the incoming raid nobody should know about anyways. 

This portion of the suggestion didn't seem to be favored

On 12/13/2019 at 10:41 AM, Bishopil said:

2. Rule change to where tryouts and Debrief cannot be raided. 

I believe this would be the best out of the two. Most raids are just nades thrown into DB for a feed. It’d be nice to get into a state where raids are utilized on occasion and are called with a real reason. 

This has been addressed in today's update!

• Informative 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines