DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP Update [12/26/2019]

Nutter

8 hours ago, Garnet said:

Damage Exclusion Zones

Due to the sheer amount of stupidity that can go around the server, Spawn Rooms and Debrief are damage exclusion zones

Players entering a spawn room or debrief will have to wait 10 seconds, and then they will be god-moded for the duration of their stay

This is done to prevent spawn room/debriefing mass RDMs as well as raids which disrupt debriefs.

Does this mean if one side raids the other and gets into their DB they become invincible?

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Prince said:

Does this mean if one side raids the other and gets into their DB they become invincible?

Yes. there are two seals just sitting in a protected area in RU DB and they haven't called raid or anything and can't be killed. Is there anyway that this can be changed so Ru can shoot US in RU protected zones and vice versa for US?

• Like 2
Just now, Rem_Paki said:

Yes. there are two seals just sitting in a protected area in RU DB and they haven't called raid or anything and can't be killed. Is there anyway that this can be changed so Ru can shoot US in RU protected zones and vice versa for US?

Either this or remove the mechanic until it's been refined. Maybe make it so if you're in the zone, you also don't do damage.

• Like 1

The Town Center should bring in some new diversity of tactics and gameplay as it introduces urban-esque close quarters combat. Also the ammo crate fix is a blessing as it is just a grab and go. Overall, a great update to finish off a long year.

Good work @Garnet!

Edited by Hatchet
  • Community Director

Great job Garnet! I'm glad to see you taking suggestions you want and developing your server into your vision. A lot of amazing changes on MilitaryRP! I can't wait to see what 2020 holds in store for GarnetGaming! Keep up the amazing work!

11 hours ago, Garnet said:

This is done to prevent spawn room/debriefing mass RDMs as well as raids which disrupt debriefs.

Sorry @BuddenJoe 

• Cringe 8
  • Community Director
14 hours ago, Garnet said:

Missions

I somehow managed to fix the remains of our old missions addon

You must be level 15+ and be an officer in order to execute a mission (with the permission if your superiors if they ARE online)

NEVER FUCKING MIND I WASTED WELL OVER 24 HOURS OF MY LIFE AND FAILED HAHA. fuck

With the help of @Viva @Millerjerm @Taffy @Jasmin @Fonza @Romulus  and some others, both kidnap missions for US to RU and RU to US Kidnaps work and give a pay out of 100$. 

Guest Gildarts
6 minutes ago, WeirdChamp said:

Logically this should result in a FailRP warn and a respawn, idk if @Gildarts is fine with that but seems to be the most logical solution imo until its fixed, wait for his confirmation though

I mean if they can get into the DB and stand there for 10 seconds after the raid starts good luck when all of the other faction will be standing there god moded with bullets flying.

But yes Safe placed are offlimits for raids

Edited by Gildarts
15 minutes ago, WeirdChamp said:

I don't think raids are the worse part it's what rem paki mentioned if members off the opposing country got in the DB before it was hosted and stayed there with nothing the other country can do then correct me if I am wrong that should be FailRP if not exploiting the mechanic

Yes, staff are currently handing out FailRP warns towards players that do this.

• The Garnut
6 hours ago, Rem_Paki said:

I suppose nobody has heard of "FailRP Warn" and "TAKE SCREENSHOTS"

I suppose I should add a formal rule, but unless given specific permission by staff, being in the DB of an opposite factions' base is considered FailRP and is punishable 

• The Garnut
50 minutes ago, JimTrash said:

Great update so far, Garnet. Town and Embassy feel a lot better to play on. Mosin being actually usable as a sniper has really improved my experience as well.

Really happy to hear that man, that was the idea!

• Like 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Community Director

I really love the spawn protection we had a Private try to mass, it was hilarious to watch him run into DB and not be able to shoot anymore.

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

I suppose I should add a formal rule, but unless given specific permission by staff, being in the DB of an opposite factions' base is considered FailRP and is punishable 

I gotchu. 

Raiding

• All targets in the enemy base is fair game during a raid, including those in buildings. The only thing not allowed is the intentional spawn camp of the enemy, such as setting a bipod on Cafe Baltic window and gunning Vega members down as they spawn.
  • You must be an O-1+ and host a briefing prior to your raid on the enemy base. You must then advert raid. Attackers have 1 life, defenders have unlimited.
  • Recruits and trainers may also be KOS'd in a raid. Those leading their tryouts may also be subject to the raid rules if they are within the base walls or firing back while outside of the base. However Debriefs, Spawns, and Protected Areas may not be raided, you may also not abuse protection by firing out of these areas once you are protected. 
  • Defenders may not actively participate in the raid if they are not within a reasonable distance of their base during a raid. Example: Don't shoot RU attacking US base while you are in Outpost.
  • The cooldown per country is 10 minutes. Raids must not exceed 5 minutes in length.