DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP Update [1/28/2019]

Nutter

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

Nothing like working on an update up until 6AM 😞

Server Crashes

Multiple measures were taken to prevent crashes, we will know whether or not they were effective starting the 29

If not, I will port over our DarkRP gamemode directly from our test server on February 1st and begin measuring performance again.

Thank you everybody for being patient!

I tried my best to make the inconvenience more tolerable with a neat update for tomorrow.

Credits

ktA1XYs.png

Exclusive items have been added to the system, IE: AK-47 Asiimov and Steyr AUG Neon 🙂 your playtime will most definitely be worth it!

Prop Protection

Optimized caching better, server performance should be marginally improved

F4 Menu

5D0ws0N.png

Styling changes have been made, required prestige ranks will now display as requested

Stacker Tool

This tool has been updated and optimized. There will now be a 1 second cooldown between uses as to avoid spam

Halo has been re-introduced to display where the prop being stacked will go

Hobo Swep

tPXyC1Q.png

This swep has been optimized, and also nerfed with a 25% longer cool down to prevent minges from spamming sound files

Drugs

Speed-inducing drugs will no longer provide a game-breaking speed boost when stacked

Drugs will now cap your players' speed reasonably, much like how gravity-altering drugs cannot be stacked

PggUMiG.png

PCP - 30% speed increase

Heroin - 65% speed increase - gravity effect nerfed

Codeine - character further slowed down, while negating any gravity effects

Cocaine - 75% speed increase

Bathsalts - 20% speed increase, slight reduction in gravity effect

3D2D Textscreen

This tool has been optimized

An exploit which resulted in unremoveable textscreens has been patched!

Other

M9K weapons will no longer be stripped when ran out of ammo

Adv Dupe changes (sbox_maxgmod_contr_spawners 0)

• Like 1
  • Spicy 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Winner 5
2 hours ago, Garnet said:

An exploit which resulted in unremoveable textscreens has been patched!

Fantastic, no more textscreen minges. (And to the man who showed it on YouTube)

What's up with "Wizard1" and "Wizard2" on the F4 Menu? Just test classes or real?

Man this update is just what we needed. Much required needs for cocaine and other drugs, performance issue fixes, minge prevention, optimization, and more! This update hits the spot when we needed it the most, so thank you Garnet! Also on a side note: I purchased both the M95 and the M4A4 last night, and I have the say the M95 is quite a letdown. A fourth of the dlore's damage, half of the dlore's mag, and the gun isn't accurate on no scope. If the gun was given an accuracy boost (aka no scope full accuracy), I'd use it more and it would be viable in raids. Otherwise, it's a cool niche weapon that isn't really useful for anything, but has one of the coolest shooting sounds in the game. Once again, thanks foe the update! 

• The Garnut
5 hours ago, Entity said:

Fantastic, no more textscreen minges. (And to the man who showed it on YouTube)

What's up with "Wizard1" and "Wizard2" on the F4 Menu? Just test classes or real?

Just my test server. Was working on late prestige raiding roles, IE: prestige 2 magician with a hand swep that shoots flames instead of bullets, as well as a prestige 5 wizard who can set a player on fire by tapping right click on them. Wasn't sure if it's something I wanted to implement on the main server.

1 hour ago, eXg-Buddha said:

Man this update is just what we needed. Much required needs for cocaine and other drugs, performance issue fixes, minge prevention, optimization, and more! This update hits the spot when we needed it the most, so thank you Garnet! Also on a side note: I purchased both the M95 and the M4A4 last night, and I have the say the M95 is quite a letdown. A fourth of the dlore's damage, half of the dlore's mag, and the gun isn't accurate on no scope. If the gun was given an accuracy boost (aka no scope full accuracy), I'd use it more and it would be viable in raids. Otherwise, it's a cool niche weapon that isn't really useful for anything, but has one of the coolest shooting sounds in the game. Once again, thanks foe the update! 

Those have not had their stats adjusted just yet, I will be doing an overhaul to every weapon that was added fairly soon. Also, no problem.

12 minutes ago, ZachDLC said:

Cool update. Not sure if this is related.

https://streamable.com/0p142

Won't load

• Friendly 1