Alot of settings have been tweaked/forced to prevent abuse

Here is your new Keypad menu!

TiGX836.png

Hold length forced to 6

Initial delay has been removed in functionality

Multiple press delay functionality has been removed

Delay between repeats functionality has been removed

No-Collided Props

Just to take make things clear in this situation, Garnet DarkRP has been up for many years, and at no point were "Collision Properties" or the "No Collision" tool enabled.

We created a new prop protection system for the server, which dealt with prop minges in a unique way, which was, to no-collide props when they are frozen inside of another player.

This solution resulted in players thinking it's okay to abuse this functionality of no-collide and make it acceptable, and while I was not aware of this bug, the entirety of the server began using it despite of how I felt about it - and at that point it was too late to everybody.

It is now about a year later, and I know most everybody is tired of how broken basing can be due to this feature, so I went ahead and changed it around to where the props will simply remove itself if it is found to be obstructing another player via collision. If you're looking to no-collide your props again, this isn't the server for you and I kindly suggest you look elsewhere!

• Sad 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2

Nooo my quick doors ;-; now how are we supposed to  have a door without cops seeing in when we leave 😞 this sucks but oh well.  All my bases gone and my quickdoors are usless now since i used no-collide for my fastdoor so i could leave base or throw printers in quickly  without having the need to a button.  I will upload a old video to show what i mean.

Edit: I Also Use No-Collide when i make banks for people to put printers inside the base without having them get shot at by other players

Edit2: here is Video  https://streamable.com/m7r53

Edited by Yui_
  • Sad 1

99% good update, but I feel like the nocollide should be allowed for certain applications, such as printer doors, quickdoors, etc. However, I see how that would make the staff job harder, so I could see either way. Personally, I feel as it should be left in, but made failbase if used for basing purposes other than these.

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, Cireland said:

99% good update, but I feel like the nocollide should be allowed for certain applications, such as printer doors, quickdoors, etc. However, I see how that would make the staff job harder, so I could see either way. Personally, I feel as it should be left in, but made failbase if used for basing purposes other than these.

Like my post above Cire but hey No-collides weren't even supposed to be a thing in the 1st place.

Edited by Yui_