Can he fix it? Yes he can!

AlexConway

• The Garnut
2 minutes ago, RegretTheManEater said:

New map do be kind of fire tho

If we're going a more serious route, I was kind of disappointed to find out alot of people didn't seem to like it. Conway told me it was a "loud minority" but i'm thinking about reverting it back.

7 minutes ago, Garnet said:

If we're going a more serious route, I was kind of disappointed to find out alot of people didn't seem to like it. Conway told me it was a "loud minority" but i'm thinking about reverting it back.

Nah, it's good. People complain about petty shit like glitches in the mountain or PDSS MODELS (Which are broken yes, but not an issue with the map). Really the only issue is low FPS which just drops for not reason sometimes, but it's fine. 

The map itself is good Garnet.

15 minutes ago, Garnet said:

I was kind of disappointed to find out alot of people didn't seem to like it

But There are things that need to be addressed I feel that would quell the "Loud Minority"
Mainly playermodels.
But I'll make a suggestion thread for that sometime soon

Just now, Garnet said:

@Homast and @Romulus Of course, everything has its time and place. But I don't think it's appropriate to make complaints in relation to playermodels not even 5 hours after a map was released lol.

Yeah, That's Fair.

If it comes down to it, I can try to get them to stop complaining and tell them that "It'll be addressed when Garnet has the time, Man literally just spent 500 hours working on this shit more than most of y'alls playtimes"
Truly grateful for the optimization as always m'lord/

I don’t see a reason to revert back to old map, the “lighting” with the playermodels isn’t that big of a deal, yes it’ll need fixed, but it’s not a drop everything and do it type of issue.  As garnet said, the map literally just released, let it play out a few days

3 hours ago, RegretTheManEater said:

Nah, it's good. People complain about petty shit like glitches in the mountain or PDSS MODELS (Which are broken yes, but not an issue with the map). Really the only issue is low FPS which just drops for not reason sometimes, but it's fine. 

I don't know about you but I have better FPS on this map than the other edit.

60-70 player wars at Village on the unmodified Echo gave me 15-20 fps; so far today I've kept a stable 60 fps throughout the entirety of the map at around the same playercount.

The lighting is a bit annoying though - just something minor and not worth reverting over. A little disappointed at some of the mountains that were blocked off but I agree with the great majority of them. And replacing the trees with different models. Although don't take what I'm saying here as disapproval of the new edit because I have enjoyed it so far and I'm adapting to the changes in gameplay.

[Thank you for the map and the effort + time you put into it. I'm not complaining so please don't mistake my post as that :D]

Archived