DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MilitaryRP] Officer Handcuff Suggestion

+1

There should be a standard set in place for offences however, so people don't get jailed in RP for over 10 minutes (the maximum time a jail for would last if a sit took place). There could be an exception for kidnaps however.

I also agree that RFR's/DI's/DS's do not get this privilege.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

+1 

I do believe this would come in handy for officers. Thought the need for other punishments like demotion would still be necessary. It would also be good in RP situations like kidnapping. There would be rules for mis use of handcuffs. But the idea of is great and have many good uses.

i also agree with don on the fact that anything below officer should not have handcuffs. It’s quite easy to get the RFR/DI/DS whitelist. It’s inevitable someone with that whitelist would mis use handcuffs.

Edited by WhiteBolt
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

+1

While a short clinic on how to (and when to ) appropriately use the handcuffs may be necessary just to educate officers, this may cut down on the number of "Should i get a Staff Member involved?" thoughts and messages. Maybe we can implement a system where a person can only be jailed a certain number of times before staff gets involved and enforces a stricter punishment (ie. Kicking them so they have to wait and suffer through the long-ass loading screen, or banning)

On 3/11/2020 at 5:59 PM, PraetorDon said:

+1

There should be a standard set in place for offences however, so people don't get jailed in RP for over 10 minutes (the maximum time a jail for would last if a sit took place). There could be an exception for kidnaps however.

I also agree that RFR's/DI's/DS's do not get this privilege.

Yes this would help a lot  less people can fail rp +1

+1 I feel cuffs would be useful for trainings and DB but personally not for tryouts. It's easier just to tell he person to leave than to cuff them and walk them out. But I do think there are many uses for the cuffs but make sure they aren't cuffs that people can spam e to break out or if they do just make it impossible to break out. 

• 3 weeks later...