Printers (Unbox)

evity

Unbox  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Should printers be removed from /unbox?

• Yes
    • No

I honestly think that they're perfectly fine I think that thing is they're not okay cuz you have to spend money and sometimes you have to spend a lot of money to get it,   maybe at most Just make it a little more rare to get but I think it's perfectly fine as it is. 

• Agree 1

I personally never saw them as OP. I've occasionally seen someone with up to 5 unbox printers, but most people made printer money by buying other people's printers, not by using the unbox printers. In my entire time of unboxing, I only had 2 printers that I saved for a rainy day. The only time something ridiculous happened with printers was back in 2019 when National had 22 printers he owned, but that is the most extreme example I remember. If needed, reduce the percentage for which they can be unboxed, but don't remove them. 

Guest proggy

I spent millions on the crate that had the printer before, and I think I got one maybe once? I definitely lost more money on trying to get the unbox printers than the printers ever would have given me, especially since I'd still have to upgrade them (this is why after explosive crate came out, I only opened those).

If there were people with a ton of unbox printers, I'd be willing to bet they were using a duping exploit with the unbox system. I've heard of such an exploit, but I've never actually seen it done or know the method.

If the money printers are going to be even rarer, it would be cool if it was an already upgraded printer, since the crate was already a big investment. This would likely require a different printer entity to be added specifically for unbox, but it might be possible to do.

Also, a little bug that was around for the old unbox printers:

If you got a printer by opening an unbox crate, it would have your name on it. However, if you were gifted an unbox printer through the unbox interface, that printer would be an "unknown" printer when you deployed it, not one with your name on it. "Unknown" printers are more valuable because they aren't tied to a person. I could disconnect and the printer would still be there, so it will only disappear from damage, or not being cooled. I've also [rarely] seen printers turn into "Unknown" printers when the server crashes. When selling printers people will usually pay more for a printer that they don't need to worry about disappearing due to a disconnected player.

Edited by proggy

I personally think they should remain the same for now. My reasoning behind this is that there really aren't a lot of good ways to make money as of now. You have like 2 or 3 okay options outside of printers, and they still aren't worth doing unless you print on top of them. I am all for an adjustment or their removal all together so long as there could be more jobs added to add some variety. So with the jobs in their current state I am going to say -1 to either suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...

I've spent a fair amount of money trying to get printers by unboxing them. I am known for having terrible luck though so that makes sense. I feel like they're fine as is, some people just ahve better luck at getting them than others. In order to really benefit from them anyways you would have to spend a fair amount of money, so it only benefits people majorly if they already had plenty of money to spare. I don't think they are an issue.