[MRP] VIP+ Classes

shrimp

Really interested in these class setups. The Elite VIP ones look really tempting to go for as well and offer a lot of variety for the factions. +1 to all of them, would really like these to be the ones it starts off with

Ok this is my opinion, but it seems off that base factions get undeniably shittier VIP classes then SOC factions if everyone is paying the same amount of money. Also the Army Scout class is not an upgrade worth paying a subscription for because you can buy the Mk14 for 14 dollars. Also the Mk14 and the ar15 are literally available to anyone already, and having them both on one class is not appealing to anyone because they are both not so great in the first place. I think that all classes should have the same value if you want to keep the majority of people on board with this.

Edited by Doof123
Thinking harder
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
4 hours ago, Medinator said:

this the SKSD

It's the SKS-D, totally default (not PDSS' AK-105).

3 hours ago, Doof123 said:

undeniably shittier VIP classes then SOC factions

Because all the VIP classes in SF factions are locked behind a paywall and a tryout.  It would get kinda crazy if every single person on the server had unrestricted access to some insane classes for how cheap they're going to be compared to the average donator class.

8 hours ago, shrimp said:

Because all the VIP classes in SF factions are locked behind a paywall and a tryout.  It would get kinda crazy if every single person on the server had unrestricted access to some insane classes for how cheap they're going to be compared to the average donator class.

why does a tryout have anything to do with this? in the end it is still about money not about some tryout in a video game. This is the real world were talking about. Im not gonna pay money for a class that is shit just because i decided to stick with a base faction. This is like if a restaurant  gave its regulars premium product over newcomers even tho they paid the same price. Why even give every faction 2 classes. it would be easier and more well received if their was just 2 classes per side. This is just gonna give players who have 4000 hours even more overpowered shit then they already have. New players and base faction players are gonna get shit on even if they paid the same price, and to me that seems a little weird.

15 minutes ago, Doof123 said:

why does a tryout have anything to do with this? in the end it is still about money not about some tryout in a video game.

Lmao what? That's how you get the class. SF factions are going to have these VIP jobs available but you're not just going to gain instant access to these factions. He means that you are only going to be able to have the classes for the factions you tried out for

Shrimps made a good point about it too, giving unlimited access to insanely OP VIP jobs would be a terrible idea, and some areas probably will get shafted a little more like entry considering that it's the first faction you are whitelisted for. Classes can always be changed as well

15 minutes ago, Doof123 said:

This is just gonna give players who have 4000 hours even more overpowered shit then they already have. New players and base faction players are gonna get shit on even if they paid the same price, and to me that seems a little weird.

Because somehow a paywall is going to give advantage to players with more hours on the server... anyone is able to donate my man.

Edited by Tayler
Words
  • Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
14 minutes ago, Tayler said:

Because somehow a paywall is going to give advantage to players with more hours on the server... anyone is able to donate my man.

I think his point is more akin to “the rich get richer.” The better players (assumed to be in SOC/Spetz) will have access to better load outs.

Having said that, there are a lot of underwhelming classes. I can’t see a single RU player, sub maybe GRU, buying VIP. Elite VIP offers some good classes and utility on both sides. Also the Orsis, AEK, MP5’s, and Sterling outclass 90% of the weapons here so a lot of veterans will be purchasing the Elite’s for the utility provided.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Tayler said:

Lmao what? That's how you get the class.

Im saying that locking classes behind tryouts is dumb because ya pay the same price. simple. Solution is: just dont do that

6 minutes ago, Tayler said:

giving unlimited access to insanely OP VIP jobs would be a terrible idea

Yea but if you are paying real money then it kinda sucks that you get snubbed just for being a new player or a base faction member. And SOC faction already have more powerful classes than base factions for the purpose of not allowing new players to get overpowered shit. Why should VIP Classes follow this same principle for no reason other than giving them a handout.

3 minutes ago, Tayler said:

anyone is able to donate my man.

Yea but new players are not getting anything worth paying for and SOC factions are getting OP shit, If you want the vast majority of the players, Meaning base factions, to buy this you have to give them a reason.

6 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

I think his point is more akin to “the rich get richer.”

Exactly all this is doing is giving players with more experience and time access to OP Shit for the reason of faction superiority. Even a lot of SOC Factions are getting fucked as well with this idea.

When it comes down to it, subscription based classes are already controversial and im not opposed to them at all, if they are done right and i honestly think that his aint it.

12 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

the Orsis, AEK, MP5’s, and Sterling outclass 90% of the weapons

I can change that with just a few keystrokes.

41 minutes ago, Doof123 said:

Im not gonna pay money for a class that is shit just because i decided to stick with a base faction

Then don't pay money. This is a free-to-play server, where you can get by just as fine as the next guy without paying a dollar (like me). You're not paying money and receiving a product, you're making a donation to the improvement of the server and receiving perks as thanks.

That being said, this is not a pay-to-win server where the more money that you pay, the more guaranteed you are to win. The advantages provided above are purely aesthetic when it comes down to weapon balancing and models, and only grant bonuses in the context of quantity. 

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, shrimp said:

you're making a donation to the improvement of the server and receiving perks as thanks.

If me and a freind made a donation to a charity and he was given a fucking lambo as thanks and i was given a 99 civic id be pissed. 

2 minutes ago, Doof123 said:

you have to give them a reason.

When you buy VIP, you have access to every VIP class provided you have a rank in that faction. Base faction members buying VIP to support the server gives them something to look forward to in the future. Striving for a position in an SF faction, earning it, and then getting to enjoy the perks of VIP.

3 minutes ago, Doof123 said:

OP Shit

The only thing up there that isn't already on the server in some way is the knife, which is basically a quicker machete. You're not going to find gamebreaking items on any of the VIP classes that can't be bought elsewhere. You're paying for quantity of weapons (already made void by regular donator weapons anyways) and aesthetics.

5 minutes ago, Doof123 said:

faction superiority

Consider the following: If you join the server and pay $15 to have a class on par with anything in SF factions, why would a player ever join an SF faction?

2 minutes ago, shrimp said:

Consider the following: If you join the server and pay $15 to have a class on par with anything in SF factions, why would a player ever join an SF faction?

People already can buy classes that are superior than SF factions. And they strive to get into SF factions for fucking clout and the feeling of being better than other players. If your main reason for trying out for SF factions is the access to OP shit then you probably shouldn't get in.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Doof123 said:

If me and a freind made a donation to a charity and he was given a fucking lambo as thanks and i was given a 99 civic id be pissed. 

The premise of a donation isn't to recieve something, As it's been said.
The fact that you are recieving anything really, is a benefit.

You don't put change in the change boxes at Mcdonalds and they give you a Big Mac do they?
That attitude is entitlement, And it's a bad thing to be entitled when it comes to donations.
That being said, If you buy the VIP or Elite VIP, Yes you start with less appealing weapons, But should you join the next tier up, you get more rewards.
GBs Weapons are better than Armys, Is that unfair?
Rangers Weapons are (Half of them) better than GBs, Is that unfair?
MARSOC and SEALs are actually swapped in this conversation.
And AFSOC is probably going to be More appealing than SEALs and Rangers for Weaponry AND Models. Is that unfair?
It's the natural progression of the server, If you had all the shiniest toys, Who would join the Shinier factions?

• Agree 1
15 minutes ago, Homast said:

You don't put change in the change boxes at Mcdonalds and they give you a Big Mac do they?

If they said i would get a big mac for donating i would expect to get one not a fucking sponge with cheese

That attitude is entitlement, And it's a bad thing to be entitled when it comes to donations.

Yea this is donation and i understand this. But all i want is for this to be as appealing as possible so that more people will donate for the betterment of this server. if this idea is to work everyone should be attracted to the premise of subscribing to a donation service. not just a select few.

It's the natural progression of the server, If you had all the shiniest toys, Who would join the Shinier factions?

If you asked anyone in a SOC why they joined. Fuckin 0% of them would say the ShiNiEsT ToYS this is a severe generalization of the SOC Population. and i think that you should know this. People that should be in SOC factions do not think like this.

Edited by Doof123
Thinking harder
  • Disagree 1
4 minutes ago, Homast said:

The premise of a donation isn't to recieve something, As it's been said.
The fact that you are recieving anything really, is a benefit.

From a pure morality standpoint, it's bad to be entitled when it comes to donations.

From a practicality and business standpoint, you need to satisfy your customers/clients, and sometimes this requires appeasing their requests. If you removed the items/perks from donations, very few people would donate.

People join factions for a variety of reasons, weapons are one of them, but definitely not the number one reason.

• Agree 1