/Quiz Overhaul

Description: The current state of the /quiz system needs to be reworked to better suit it's purpose, and have overall a better impact of the Server.

ReasoningThe main problem is that the system hands out whitelists too easily, as the majority of the questions can be answered by using common sense. After the quiz has been completed, the new player is given the new support class, which only provides a pistol and medkit. This makes the server hard to play on during war, and overall makes it less enjoyable. While it is true that it is harder for the new player to mass, it provides them with more incentive to attempt mass, or just outright leave. I believe that the system also impedes RFR/DI’s ability to train those people, as I have experienced that it is harder to train that new player. This is due to the fact that the officers or SOC members have to hunt down the enlisted and inform them that they need to be trained. This causes confusion. However, I believe if the /quiz system is correctly changed, that it can be extremely useful in some scenarios.

Firstly, it is imperative that the /quiz system contain slightly more difficult questions. For example, a question that could work is, “during war, are you allowed to shoot the enemy inside our base?” Any questions that take more than common sense to answer correctly. This will force new players to think as it may not be obvious to them. This will not only insure that they are properly trained, but will also allow them to retain more of the information. The revamped quiz system can also contain questions pertaining to the recruitment video that will be mentioned later on.

Secondly, I propose that we implement a short recruitment video prior to recruits taking the quiz. This video would be brief, but contain all the information they will need to know to get started playing on the server. This would include but not limit to the server rules, factions rules, as well as some helpful tips to get started. This will also enable us to ask more in depth questions in the /quiz to ensure that they were paying attention during the course of the video. For clarification, the video WOULD NOT be used to replace training, if there is RFR/DS available, then manual training will always be an option. Also, once the recruit has passed the quiz, they will be given the soldier whitelist, rather than the support, as the support would make the server extremely unenjoyable. Although it is true that it will be easier for them to mass, it would also decrease the chances of the player outright leaving the server altogether because they only have a pistol/ medkit. The reason I believe the support whitelist should NOT be given to the person after the quiz is to show that the person was not trained by a RFR/DS, and still requires training when needed.

Additional Information: None.

• Agree 1

+1

I agree that the quiz needs to be revamped its really easy to just pass the quiz it needs more of the ROEs, general rules, faces, and command usages. These would help people who dont actually know how to play MRP because its their first time on a MRP or in general. A video would be great for the quiz if that can be implemented because it will go into more depth than continuously guessing the questions over and over again until they get it to work. And making the video the first thing to show up and unskippable so they actually have to watch the video. I usually train in less than 20 mins so the video should be around that time or less so it doesn't consume the recruits time of just watching the video. And give them both support and soldier so its more fun instead of charging into war with a pistol and medikit.

3 minutes ago, ♡✿Lala Deviluke☆✧ said:

And give them both support and soldier so its more fun instead of charging into war with a pistol and medikit.

I mean, I'd prefer that only Soldier was given to the people who pass the revamped /quiz, as it would allow officers to differentiate those who were manually trained. Since then the new /quiz would simply replace manual training, which I dont want the goal to be. However, I agree with everything you said 🙂 

1 hour ago, Cold Soldier said:

I mean, I'd prefer that only Soldier was given to the people who pass the revamped /quiz, as it would allow officers to differentiate those who were manually trained. Since then the new /quiz would simply replace manual training, which I dont want the goal to be. However, I agree with everything you said 🙂 

oh yeah i still prefer a DS or RFR to recruit like the good ol days because I think would make people stay longer personally. I stayed because i had a cool DI back then on CSDesert.

Edited by ♡✿Lala Deviluke☆✧
  • Like 1
On 4/15/2020 at 5:01 PM, Cold Soldier said:

Firstly, it is imperative that the /quiz system contain slightly more difficult questions. For example, a question that could work is, “during war, are you allowed to shoot the enemy inside our base?”

Can you come up with any more questions which would we would be able to implement? 

On 4/15/2020 at 5:01 PM, Cold Soldier said:

Secondly, I propose that we implement a short recruitment video prior to recruits taking the quiz

I understand that you guys are already in the works of a video. When the video is done, feel free to talk to me about it and I will try to find the best way we can implement the video into the server

5 hours ago, AwesomeAidan said:

Can you come up with any more questions which would we would be able to implement?

Yeah, I'll create a google doc and start coming up with some questions. I'm thinking we have around 10 or more questions, but I'll think on that a bit more.

5 hours ago, AwesomeAidan said:

I understand that you guys are already in the works of a video. When the video is done, feel free to talk to me about it and I will try to find the best way we can implement the video into the server

Once the 2GA training video is done, we can review it. However, if we create a video that could be used in /quiz, then army would have to create their own training video, and it's up to them if they want to create it. Unless the video is neutral and could be used to train for both army and 2GA, but then I would have to edit the current videos script and such. However, that wouldn't be too much of a problem.

• 2 weeks later...