MurphPups MRP Ban Appeal

MurphPup2

In-game name: MurphPup
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:1:202811468
Staff members in-game name: 0 clue whom it was
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): same as above
Date & Time of incident: Late March early February (It was awhile ago, but if there is a way to check the exact time I don't know how to do it)
Timezone: CST
Ban Reason: Intentional Mass
How long were you banned for?: Permanent 
Proof of Ban: https://gyazo.com/919c5fad58e54d572179060f0cf1890d
What happened? (include any proof): I was being big stupid and decided it would be funny to mass, I believe I did mass twice killing maybe around 8 people  it doesn't matter, I then was banned for 2 weeks, not thinking of it, I was just going to wait the 2 weeks, I was then notified by some friends on there that It was updated to a perma ban, I checked for myself and I was permanently banned.
Why should your ban be removed?: I believe it should be removed because, since it was mass it should have only been 2 weeks, but if there was another reason why I was permanently banned I'd love to know why 

-sincerely yours Murphpup

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

Not trying to be rude but how do people expect you not to come back and mass again since you did it in the first place? Also you might've received a perma due to either previous bans/reasons to keep you out of the server (i.e toxicity or nitrp) or it was accidental. Just a thought. Either way good luck with the appeal.

• Agree 1

+1 The day he massed was the day that Intentional Mass bans were re-introduced. The reason the ban should be removed is because out of complete coincidence he massed the same day as intentional mass bans were introduced. He should not be banned because he didn't know those bans were introduced and didn't have an intention of leaving the server. Although I think it should be removed, it's completely up to higher staff on whether or not they should keep the ban since it did become an official rule by the time he massed (even though the rule wasn't written, which is another reason the ban should be removed).

Edited by RegretTheManEater
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 1
13 minutes ago, Not Naitsir said:

Not trying to be rude but how do people expect you not to come back and mass again since you did it in the first place? Also you might've received a perma due to either previous bans/reasons to keep you out of the server (i.e toxicity or nitrp) or it was accidental. Just a thought. Either way good luck with the appeal.

true they could think that, but other than that this has been my first ban

I know I'm really not apart of this community and that my opinion does not matter. I've known Murph for months when I was on the server. He's very chill and nice, no where I've seen this man be toxic to one another. 

4 hours ago, RegretTheManEater said:

The day he massed was the day that Intentional Mass bans were re-introduced.

If this is true then I do believe Murph does deserve another chance imo. +1 to your appeal buddy. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I've seen way worst things happen then people come back after bans and become well respected community members. Think a good example of this is Ozzy. (More that I can't remember atm) As well is it really worth it to PERMANENTLY not let someone back onto the server for doing one really stupid thing. Worth a shot to let him come back and see what happens.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
13 hours ago, Normal Hooman said:

Think a good example of this is Ozzy.

Fuck that guy. Cheating piece of shit.

Murph made a dumb and toxic decision. However Murph is neither dumb nor toxic. I know that if he was unbanned, he’d be able to come back and instantly contribute to the community in a positive way. The whole “go out with a bang” decision is absolutely moronic but I believe it was a lapse in his judgement, not a true display of his character.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Haha 4
  • Agree 4

+1 I've never seen Murph be dumb at all in my time yeah hes done 1 retarded thing and i don't think that justifies a permaban. If he gets unbanned he will learn from this experience and become one of the respected people of this community.

Good Luck!

• Agree 2

You chose to mass, the fact you expected just a 2 week ban so it was fine and did it anyway shows how little you cared. No reason for this to be accepted due to the fact you literally did this on purpose only expecting a 2 week ban, they made an example out of you and thats a good thing. -1.

I am curious about this. But why does it matter if he knew that rule was implemented that day or not? I don't think it should matter. He intentionally massed. It's not like he unintentionally massed, and then got a perma ban. There's a very simple way of avoiding that kind of situation, and that's to not intentionally mass. Actions have consequences, whether you know about them or not. It shouldn't be more acceptable to have him unbanned simply because he didn't know he was going to get a permaban, that's quite absurd, he had the intentions to break the rules and now he faces the consequences. If the only thing influencing his decision to mass was the outcome for him, then I think there's some more issues there, as that's not a good mindset.

Edited by D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK
  • Agree 1

As stated by other people, the simplest thing to do is to avoid intentionally massing and actually following the rules, however in my opinion permanent bans like these should have much more depth than simply being: "X intentionally RDMed 6-7 people because he was bored; since they've been here awhile and are well aware of the rule, they're banned permanently."

I think this sort of thing needs to be revised to fit some better form of a case-by-case but also following a broader definition. Considering the staff who had banned MurphPup hasn't responded to this thread (nor has an executive) explaining what has led to the decision of a permanent ban, we're left to assume (or, rather, wonder) about what criteria specifically need to be met, if anything extra.

+1. MurphPup fucked up, surely. And it seems based on both his reputation and his word that he hasn't done anything else to be considered wrong. A two week ban is not a minor punishment whatsoever.

You may argue that repeatedly breaking the same rule should lead to a harsher punishment and I would entirely agree. What I disagree with, however, is this idea that a standing member of the community should be punished differently from a random player who had broken the same rule (player with X hours who intentionally masses gets a permanent ban, while a random under Y hours gets the ol' 2 week ban), both being a "first offense" and both being clearly and undeniably intentional.

• Agree 3

I'd argue that if the rule of Intentional Mass Bans being Perma was introduced the day he got banned, he should be unbanned.  Regardless if what he did was stupid or not (although it certainly was stupid),  there is no way he could know that change was made,  as he wasn't particulary active in the community at the time, so it wasn't exactly fair to him.

+1 for unban.

• Like 1