DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Hammer... we meet again

1 minute ago, Garnet said:

There would be no way to acoomplish it any other way, we would need a couple buildings on the surface, with one building that would bring you underground. I'd love to try and implement it in a "REALISTIC" way but it's not really realistic to just have a full blown military base under a city, but fuck it. The idea is to have each objective with 4-8 entry points per side. Alot of tactical play will be involved in this one.

That makes complete sense, I was just thinking the bunker from the US area where the DB and all the training area was outside and everything else (separate DB, Recruit room, recruit training room, maybe a war room) are under ground? Dunno. Just an idea

• The Garnut
Just now, Copywrite Infragment™ said:

That makes complete sense, I was just thinking the bunker from the US area where the DB and all the training area was outside and everything else (separate DB, Recruit room, recruit training room, maybe a war room) are under ground? Dunno. Just an idea

Fuck no, the entire idea is to keep all the training areas INSIDE that way you save the frames from all the heavy playermodels and scripted entities. DB would be on the surface as well as spawns.

1 minute ago, Garnet said:

Fuck no, the entire idea is to keep all the training areas INSIDE that way you save the frames from all the heavy playermodels and scripted entities. DB would be on the surface as well as spawns.

Ah okay, I'm following your train of thought here. The more dense maps would cause issues, that makes sense now. We're all in ts chatting about ideas lol

@Garnet Theres a place called Abu Ghraib. Which in 2003 got destroyed and got turned into a ghost city [not anymore] 
Its basically just rusted / burnt buildings with a bunch of destroyed and burnt cars scattered around
-
Mattar al Muthana, Its an airport which in 2003 also got turnt into a haunted airport [not anymore] which actually can be a lowkey fire obj (Airport) 
Im pretty sure an airport was never an obj on ggmrp and would be a good new addition

• The Garnut
Just now, Lark said:

Mattar al Muthana, Its an airport which in 2003 also got turnt into a haunted airport [not anymore] which actually can be a lowkey fire obj (Airport) 
Im pretty sure an airport was never an obj on ggmrp and would be a good new addition

Unironically I really thought about an airport objective, but it just wouldn't make sense right next to a giant city :^( 

• Like 1
Just now, Garnet said:

Unironically I really thought about an airport objective, but it just wouldn't make sense right next to a giant city :^( 

As an iraqi i can tell you that mattar al muthana unironically is next to a giant ass city

So far, personally, I really like the idea. I remember having a conversation with you about how you and Dio were planning on making a map like this. So far, with the layout, I have some ideas to fill in some of the empty space, and would love to talk about it. Concerning the underground RU base, I like it. However, I believe that there would need to be far more than just 2-3 entrances. This is mostly because the base camping would be 10x worse than it was on the OG CSCDesert. Other than that, I really like the idea of a hotel and maybe a movie theater building. You would need to make sure that there are SOME places for sniping combat so everyone gets what they want. Im asking some friends right now for ideas.

If we could, Id love to talk to you about it in TS ;D

Edited by Ting

Imma say what I said to you in steam PMs for community to provide input with too.

One Idea I had, was that, We could have that objective in the top left, As that little "Community" there could be the objective. Possibly call it Villa, And Like, Mix between Mid range, and Close range.
Kind of like Town/Village from Echo, But Walled in, and Instead of having 2 elevations where it's fought, such as boardwalk and the base level of village, It'll just be buildings.

We could do A larger Building, and then other buildings that are smaller, but still viable.
Large building maybe like 3 or 4 stories, CQC with vantage points, Multiple paths up to each level,
And then the smaller buildings could be 1 or 2 stories

As for an Airport, I do actually think it's a good idea,  but instead of a military airfield, think Terminal from MW2

With a passenger terminal and things like that, I dunno if it's possible to do airplane props on hammer, But It might be a fun idea to entertain.
Make it a primarily Indoors objective, but provide something to keep sniper mains happy.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
7 minutes ago, Ting said:

So far, personally, I really like the idea. I remember having a conversation with you about how you and Dio were planning on making a map like this.

The only reason it never happened is because Dio is too detail/aesthetic oriented, and the map project while being 25% complete, cost us like 90% more FPS than we can afford LOL I'm talking like 100FPS singleplayer on a 1080. I could not optimize the map with the way he was designing it, so I let it go and had him get started on delta.

8 minutes ago, Ting said:

However, I believe that there would need to be far more than just 2-3 entrances.

Not possible, we can just enforce base-camping rules.

9 minutes ago, Ting said:

You would need to make sure that there are SOME places for sniping combat

Rooftops

9 minutes ago, Ting said:

If we could, Id love to talk to you about it in TS ;D

Would rather not "have personal conversations" about a map, but rather just funnel suggestions on the forums.

7 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

@Garnet For sure going to be firing off ideas in a bit. Are you thinking just urban? Or war-torn urban?

the only difference between the two would be a couple extra decals, gloomy lighting and destroyed car props instead of car props. Maybe fire here and there ..?

Probably going to stick to just urban for performance.

• The Garnut
3 minutes ago, Homast said:

As for an Airport, I do actually think it's a good idea,  but instead of a military airfield, think Terminal from MW2

976b070e-1ee9-493a-b229-e3cefe2c234e

Aka the 5FPS objective, or dumb it down to the point where it looks like airstrip from chaharikar, not a good call.

4 minutes ago, Homast said:

One Idea I had, was that, We could have that objective in the top left, As that little "Community" there could be the objective. Possibly call it Villa, And Like, Mix between Mid range, and Close range.
Kind of like Town/Village from Echo, But Walled in, and Instead of having 2 elevations where it's fought, such as boardwalk and the base level of village, It'll just be buildings.

If you're going to get descriptive like that again, try to draw it out, because there's alot of room for interpretation. I'm not a big fan of the idea though, at all.

5 minutes ago, Homast said:

We could do A larger Building, and then other buildings that are smaller, but still viable.
Large building maybe like 3 or 4 stories, CQC with vantage points, Multiple paths up to each level,
And then the smaller buildings could be 1 or 2 stories

A portion of the map is already done that way, so that's good.

• Like 1

After seeing a reply that skrt had made in febuary of last year, I think you should use this as inspiration for some of the empty spaces (or even an OBJ). I'd call it slums because of its impoverished nature.

shutterstock_154849868.jpg

• The Garnut
6 minutes ago, ZachDeviluke said:

my only prob is the terminal map is hella small and would need to add more but its definitely a very interesting concept

If you think that for the purpose of an MRP objective terminal is too small, you have to be smoking crack man

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
56 minutes ago, Garnet said:

the only difference between the two would be a couple extra decals, gloomy lighting and destroyed car props instead of car props. Maybe fire here and there ..?

Probably going to stick to just urban for performance.

When we had the community brainstorm that ultimately turned into Delta, I brought up the idea of an embassy. I had envisioned something a little different than what you ran with. I pictured a labyrinth of a building; a lobby, cubicles, meeting rooms, holding area, bathrooms, a blown out wall that gives access to a second story, etc.

spacer.png

The building damage and surroundings are obviously subject to the map aesthetic but this was a large part of my inspiration. CQC fights were really lacking at the time (we were on CS Desert) and are still not frequent. Hearing and seeing Omega’s infant blueprints make me think an objective like this would fit it in well. Ultimately you can decide to make it modern/immaculate or destroyed to a degree.

Edited by 0zzy