DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[Rant] People like this is why SWRP is struggling

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

If you turn off-topic into shitpost central, you WILL get a forum ban. I've warned a dozen people in this thread for toxicity and shitposting.

LMFAO

But in all seriousness you do put a lot of work into that Garnet, i hope that it works out for ya

Edited by Hysteria
  • Cringe 2
  • Agree 1
23 minutes ago, Bortnik said:

Don’t get me wrong I love you and SWRP, but of course this is going to be taken out of context, I’ll be messaging you in private so as to avoid drama

May I be included in this private message? It concerns me to see things like this from a leader on the server and the message itself still carries weight, out of context or not. 

3 minutes ago, Phantom said:

May I be included in this private message? It concerns me to see things like this from a leader on the server and the message itself still carries weight, out of context or not. 

Added you

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, Enigma said:

If you turn off-topic into shitpost central, you WILL get a forum ban. I've warned a dozen people in this thread for toxicity and shitposting.

Except this post was literally to clarify, hey, one of our servers are taking a hit, and it's because of this reason. Is it toxic? yes. Is it a shitpost? no.

• Like 1

Yeah its rough, Ching is gone now 😞, as well as Vizii snaked us, and Bortnik is thinking about it. Many players complain about nothing happening on the server but never really put any effort in to make something happen whether that's just being active so GMs can host good events or going an extra step and creating your own RP, But only a few seem to do this. I think over time server will be successful if people keep putting time into it, but if you're there only for the events then YIKES.

( Not a diss to bortnik, just a general statement)

• Agree 1

One of the major problems I see in my opinion is that there really isn't a story to the server. There really isn't anything to keep the players engaged aside from events (which even now some people are saying those are getting boring and repetitive). So for example, when we have an event where our Admiral gets captured, I don't think a lot of people take it seriously because there's no connection to the person/development of that person to really make people care. They just sit there and go: "eh, if he lives, he lives, if he dies, he dies so what?". And I think that's a major flaw, I think there definitely needs to be some more type of character development to make people care about these people we have to go and rescue. You could also add some more RP elements in events, or give it a try I don't know how well it will work with the player base we have, but you can definitely try to go to a more RP-oriented event instead of just a shootem up.

• Agree 2
6 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

One of the major problems I see in my opinion is that there really isn't a story to the server

MRP has no story either, Yet our population is quite stable.
We're working on that Story Element though, So that yes, we become more stable.

Just now, Homast said:

I mean, you can't apply everything from MRP onto Star Wars. Star Wars is supposed to be more RP oriented, which is why it's PvE and not a PvP-like game like MRP, which is why I think MRP still does pretty well.

2 minutes ago, Homast said:

Well, the reason that it is popular in the first place is the PVP element to it. Thats why I was so into the server towards the beginning. I can assure you that there is no one on the [MRP] server for events, as they are extremely uncommon.

2 minutes ago, Homast said:

Well MRP isn’t based around RP like Star Wars, there’s other things to do in between wars, do tryouts, sims, run KH, then another war comes along. MRP has a lot to do with the skill one has, it’s pretty much all about being the best in war, or getting to kick ass with a group of friends. SWRP needs to about a story, I made a post in another thread regarding what “constitutes a good story” because we don’t have any of that. All we do is go to places during our events and shoot literally mindless NPCs for about and hour or so until someone completes something without our knowledge and we just go back to base. 

Here is another way of putting it in short how MRP can entertain longer than SWRP, every day you probably play about 7 wars, the average person that is. That’s about 210 minutes or 3.5 hours of something going on that’s exciting. The key is it’s all spread out throughout the day. And in between that time you can still keep yourselves occupied.

SWRP has nothing much actually happening than a big event once a day, which is 2-3 hours depending on what happens, the thing is it’s the only thing that happens in the day, a solution would be to have more GMs do smaller events every 1-1.5 hours to keep us occupied, similar to how war is, and automated events don’t count, because there is no story and it’s more of an arcade game than anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator

To be honest me and some 41st haven't been mad at all for not doing events lmao. We've actually just kept ourselves busy doing patrols a few times a day and doing build ups to the automated droid events. I might start doing some extra training with some of the boys just to keep SWRP fun. I'd recommend all the other Officers/Commanders do this to make the player base stable again. Hopefully it'll get more stable in the coming days. I think since it's coming close to the end of the school year people are focusing more on grades atm. Hopefully it'll have a stable player count again soon.

45 minutes ago, eli_ said:

To be honest me and some 41st haven't been mad at all for not doing events lmao. We've actually just kept ourselves busy doing patrols a few times a day and doing build ups to the automated droid events. I might start doing some extra training with some of the boys just to keep SWRP fun. I'd recommend all the other Officers/Commanders do this to make the player base stable again. Hopefully it'll get more stable in the coming days. I think since it's coming close to the end of the school year people are focusing more on grades atm. Hopefully it'll have a stable player count again soon.

327th did this as well. They did many patrols/trainings during the day waiting for events. Each day it just got to be more and more tedious and monotonous for them, until they got burnt out from doing them. You can do these things in your down time, but eventually it just becomes a chore, and no one wants to do chores playing on games. Or at least a good portion don't. I'd even argue there's not even really a practical use for training as we're just constantly fighting mindless NPCs that don't need training. And even then, most players just get outclassed by the other people with the better classes because a majority of people only have access to the rifleman class, etc. There's only a certain amount of passive stuff you can do on a semi-serious RP server until it just becoems boring for a lot of players, even coming from a person who has played serious RPs on gmod where the only communication is in-character and out of character text based chat. (Ofc we would use discord/teamspeak too, but most of the time it was text-based chat/RP). There's only so much of that you can do before you just start to eventually get bored and not have fun.