DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[Rant] People like this is why SWRP is struggling

• Forums Moderator
3 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

327th did this as well. They did many patrols/trainings during the day waiting for events. Each day it just got to be more and more tedious and monotonous for them, until they got burnt out from doing them. You can do these things in your down time, but eventually it just becomes a chore, and no one wants to do chores playing on games. Or at least a good portion don't. I'd even argue there's not even really a practical use for training as we're just constantly fighting mindless NPCs that don't need training. And even then, most players just get outclassed by the other people with the better classes because a majority of people only have access to the rifleman class, etc. There's only a certain amount of passive stuff you can do on a semi-serious RP server until it just becoems boring for a lot of players, even coming from a person who has played serious RPs on gmod where the only communication is in-character and out of character text based chat. (Ofc we would use discord/teamspeak too, but most of the time it was text-based chat/RP). There's only so much of that you can do before you just start to eventually get bored and not have fun.

I see what you're saying BUT. Of course it'll get old. All things do if you do them day after day, night after night. If it becomes a chore to do it then we'll stop doing it. It's that simple. I was saying that we'd do them until events come back. All the time they ask to go on patrols n shit. It's not like I'm gonna be forcing them to go on patrols or do training. Also most the time when 41st are on they're all in TS so it's still fun af. We joke around and just hangout. So what I mean is that if it becomes a 'chore' as you said then it's simple... We'll stop. 

1 minute ago, eli_ said:

I see what you're saying BUT. Of course it'll get old. All things do if you do them day after day, night after night. If it becomes a chore to do it then we'll stop doing it. It's that simple. I was saying that we'd do them until events come back. All the time they ask to go on patrols n shit. It's not like I'm gonna be forcing them to go on patrols or do training. Also most the time when 41st are on they're all in TS so it's still fun af. We joke around and just hangout. So what I mean is that if it becomes a 'chore' as you said then it's simple... We'll stop. 

This reminds me, a lot of us playing SWRP have been doing it nonstop since it launched, a few of us are definitely getting burnt out. Like myself, I just have started to lose interest in GMOD, despite wanting to help the server, sometimes its just that time of year ya know?

• Forums Moderator
Just now, Captainswag said:

This reminds me, a lot of us playing SWRP have been doing it nonstop since it launched, a few of us are definitely getting burnt out. Like myself, I just have started to lose interest in GMOD, despite wanting to help the server, sometimes its just that time of year ya know?

Yeah I guess it is that year. I'm just trying to do my part in keeping 41st active as possible. Just becomes a pain when the server is dead. It's rough. We just need a new influx of players. Hopefully we can get that soon but I'm not sure. 

Just now, eli_ said:

Yeah I guess it is that year. I'm just trying to do my part in keeping 41st active as possible. Just becomes a pain when the server is dead. It's rough. We just need a new influx of players. Hopefully we can get that soon but I'm not sure. 

my bet is that we will pick up during the summer. but some people, like myself, have been on these servers for years, and we rarely take breaks, so a good bit of us (not gonna speak for everyone here) are burnt the fuck out. Like I wanna stay a part of this community but damn I don't really wanna be on Gmod as of late.

1 minute ago, eli_ said:

I get that, but I'm saying I've also seen a lot of players say these events are also just getting dull and boring. After all, it's really just the same thing every time. "Find a thing/rescue someone, kill over 1000 NPC droids, repeat." I'm trying to convey that it's not just even with having nothing to do during the day, but it's also because of a lack of story/something to grasp the players to make them engaged in the server, and that's not just specific to this server, it happens to even the most serious RP servers. The most basic thing an RP server really needs to have is some sort of outline for a story and where the gamemasters/staff want to direct the server. The best RP servers I've played on they didn't have events every single day, in fact it was more like once a week, but people stayed engaged because the server had a story it was going through, where player's actions made some deviation in the path of the story sometimes. The events were each unique and varied differently. The staff put in the time and effort to develop a story and took time to set up each event/plan them out to make sure that it wasn't the same thing over and over again. Now, I'm not saying every event was great or fantastic, because nothing is going to be perfect like that but there was still some variation in it that at least kept players somewhat engaged in the server and what it had to offer.

• Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator
12 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

my bet is that we will pick up during the summer. but some people, like myself, have been on these servers for years, and we rarely take breaks, so a good bit of us (not gonna speak for everyone here) are burnt the fuck out. Like I wanna stay a part of this community but damn I don't really wanna be on Gmod as of late.

A lot of people are the same way. This is basically my first time really maining a SWRP server. I came from DRP and I loved the change. DRP being toxic af and coming to a server that was seriousRP was nice. A lot of people who came from MRP for example, think it's boring. Cause MRP is PVP while this is PVE and it get's old fast if we don't do enough events. 

Also, Duck, I agree there should be more story. And I think that includes some lore. We've gone to Geonosis like 4 or 5 times now and we'll probs keep going back. Now don't get me wrong they were all fun but it doesn't keep people engaged.

Edited by eli_
Fixing
  • Agree 4

So here's another thing that really bothered me, 104th was lead by Vizii. Vizii Decided to snake garnet and leave for another community. All his Battalion members soon followed besides whiskey. Here's one of them showing their true selves after one decided to hop on for a few minutes https://gyazo.com/261f37c03526042ad45c0cd1476680f5

I'm excited for SWRP, we will definitely pop off soon. Everyone who stayed dedicated and grinded will see it was worth it and Those who left will eventually come back and I definitely won't be forgetting that they left and im sure the rest of the community wont.

Edited by AparhTurtle
9 minutes ago, AparhTurtle said:

we will definitely pop off soon.

In my opinion one of the main issues I have seen on the SWRP is keeping players interested off the bat when they join. Unlike MRP Clone Trooper recruits are not trained directly into a regiment and dont have a straight forward COC (Fuck their primary does barely any damage) and they usually fall behind an already organized unit like 327th. Maybe, there is a reason for this that I am not aware of but if SWRP could cater to those new recruits and make them feel more emerged into the experience with dedicated leadership and organization maybe those new players would stick around and SWRP numbers could raise by a bit.  The people who are already in the units are the most dedicated persons for obvious reasons if Unassigned clone troopers were turned into a legitimate unit maybe like I said they'd stick around more.

Edited by horsegarrysmod
Added last sentence
25 minutes ago, AparhTurtle said:

So here's another thing that really bothered me, 104th was lead by Vizii. Vizii Decided to snake garnet and leave for another community. All his Battalion members soon followed besides whiskey. Here's one of them showing their true selves after one decided to hop on for a few minutes https://gyazo.com/261f37c03526042ad45c0cd1476680f5

I'm excited for SWRP, we will definitely pop off soon. Everyone who stayed dedicated and grinded will see it was worth it and Those who left will eventually come back and I definitely won't be forgetting that they left and im sure the rest of the community wont.

I wouldn't exactly say Vizii snaked Garnet. Unless if there was some info I missed, I'm assuming he may have left because of things related to what he said on Panini's report. Which if that is one of the reasons he did leave, I wouldn't blame him. Again, I wouldn't say he 'snaked' on Garnet. He may have not been enjoying GG anymore and wanted to leave. Otherwise we may as well say the entirety of 8th Legion 'snaked' on us, or you could say I 'snaked' on you because I've started to play less and less and stepped down from Blitz. I'm getting quite bored of SWRP. When I get home from work, I don't want to sit on a server continuing to wait for people, or wait for something to do, I want to have fun. If I'm not having fun, well I'm just gonna go somewhere else to have my fun.

Edited by D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK
  • Agree 1
21 hours ago, Garnet said:

Except this post was literally to clarify, hey, one of our servers are taking a hit, and it's because of this reason. Is it toxic? yes. Is it a shitpost? no.

Wait, technically wouldn't that be On-Topic then? As in a discussion related to one of the servers' leaders rather than an off-topic discussion. I'm just curious what your thoughts are.

Oh and yikes to the guy mentioned at the post. Let's put all stress onto Garnet and demand him to fix it or we're leaving, simple. Garnet doesn't do enough work for the multiple servers he works on constantly all day. Let's just pressure him into doing more work right now! We won't stand for this anymore. Garnet, do something before everyone in your community leaves. Also while you're at it, can you clean my house and shine my shoes. Fuck your ability to have free time, you work for us we don't work for you. Clearly you've got something mixed up here and you'd better fix it.

(Joking, love you qt)

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1
13 hours ago, AparhTurtle said:

Ughhhhhh.... You see, if you are going to say I snaked garnet which makes zero sense but ok at least know what you are talking about. I left due to the fact that I saw how the community was and wanted to get  as far away from it as I could. This community every since mid 2019 has brought me nothing but anxiety, stress and overall way too much anger because of how people treated each other. I'd like for this to be my final post on forums because I wanted to adress why the fuck I left so people can stop mindlessly saying that I snaked people and bullshit like that. When I joined garnet I instantly fell in love with everyone here because it was inviting to get on everyday, I had a purpose to get on each day. Ever since late tiaga forest when I was minging in duck squad I knew that this community was going to be my home for a long time. And it was, it was my escape from all the bullshit that occurs in real life. But the longer I stayed, The less inviting it got. I can remember when nobody gave a shit about what you said about them back in the day but no if you say one little fucking thing about someone the whole world sets on fire. This community back when you would first start would be fun, people to meet, something to do everyday and even grind certain things such as staff shit and in game ranks. But unfortunately, ever since everyone that I was originally friends with (when I was in marsoc on delta) this shit just got old as fuck. It continued all the way to my last day on MRP. It upsets me the most that people that I have known for months turn they back on u over one simple fucking mistake. You get an oppertunity to change something, to make a difference, to shine and you shed the dark once. fucking once and you get set back so far from where you were. Then I heard SWRP came out. Fuck yeah, A new start. something that I can help the community with and build up my rep again. Nope. Within a week I fucking hated getting on the server. There was nothing to it. at all. So many pitched ideas that could have been so fucking amazing for the server just thrown away. A based server that is based around buying tiers for classes? what the shit? 75$ for an ARC Tryout? I can understand paying for jedi but fucking ARC? holy hell. It's fucking sad man. In my eyes, I saw SWRP thrown to the side as a pay to play concept and it fucking broke me. Yes, I did leave for another community because after being witch hunted, harassed, getting ddosed 4 times, told to kill myself relentlessly after the panini situation, tied down to a bridge and when trying  to get up just ran over again, getting called a hacker and a pedo defender. I had enough. I used to love it here, I really did. When people were making it feel like a family vibe. People like gotham, coyote, ethan greshnev, jasmin, jin, CJ, jarron all made it so much fun to be on everyday. Gave me purpose to even get on Garry's mod. But just seeing how people treat each other now I cannot assosiate with that. And with the post even being made about. Are you fucking serious? @Garnet I love you man but you expect people to play your servers and when they complain about something you dont blast them on forums. That's not now that shit works. You need to be reaching out to people on how you and the staff team can improve the server instead of trying to start shit over forums. 

12 hours ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

I wouldn't exactly say Vizii snaked Garnet. Unless if there was some info I missed, I'm assuming he may have left because of things related to what he said on Panini's report. Which if that is one of the reasons he did leave, I wouldn't blame him. Again, I wouldn't say he 'snaked' on Garnet. He may have not been enjoying GG anymore and wanted to leave. Otherwise we may as well say the entirety of 8th Legion 'snaked' on us, or you could say I 'snaked' on you because I've started to play less and less and stepped down from Blitz. I'm getting quite bored of SWRP. When I get home from work, I don't want to sit on a server continuing to wait for people, or wait for something to do, I want to have fun. If I'm not having fun, well I'm just gonna go somewhere else to have my fun.

One of main reason I left. But not the main one.

As I said, Yes I did leave the community happily but seeing that I am apparently "funneling" people into the server that I now play on is bullshit. I could care less if they came with me. Everyone that came with me would still be my friends even if they didnt follow. I had zero influence into the people joining me into a different community. They did that on their own accord. 

To sum this up, I left because I personally cannot stand the community anymore. It aint the same and I aint down for it. 

@Garnet if you wanna perma ban me on anything after this feel free. 

Edited by Redacted
  • Like 3
  • Cringe 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, Redacted said:

To sum this up, I left because I personally cannot stand the community anymore. It aint the same and I aint down for it. 

@Garnet if you wanna perma ban me on anything after this feel free. 

Why would I perma ban you if you weren't guilty? you denied ever doing anything worthy of a perma, and I took your word for it over the word of people who randomly messaged me bogus claims without anything to back it up.

tHe cOmMunItY isNt tHe sAmE 

as expected in a video game in which a playerbase changes entirely year by year. It'll happen everywhere, including any server you move onto, but if you're enjoying yourself better elsewhere, I'm happy for you.

PS.

I'm still fairly sure you left because you tarnished your very own reputation by backing up a pedophile and enraged people past the point of liking you again.

• Like 3
  • Cringe 1
2 hours ago, Redacted said:

@Garnet I love you man but you expect people to play your servers and when they complain about something you dont blast them on forums. That's not now that shit works. You need to be reaching out to people on how you and the staff team can improve the server instead of trying to start shit over forums. 

Though I would have phrased it a bit differently, the point is the same. This is honestly one of the main reasons I left the staff team, and MRP as a whole. If it was a one time thing, I could understand, but it hasn't been a one time thing.

For clarity, you/you're/your/you'll will be referring to Garnet in this thread.

I've heard you say  that MRP gives you the most trouble, the most work, and the least income. But then you'll go onto a thread, quote people who disagree with you and the thread's ideas and call them "inactive" and "faction hoppers", in this case, the reserves removal thread. On a more personal note, I tried to have a conversation with you and others about the reserves issue in the shout box, you pretty much told me that I was "abusing the reserves system" when the rule on reserves was made long before I played, and not posted anywhere. Respect is a two way street.

SWRP numbers have dropped off, this is true, but from the conversations I've had with people who played, and still play, on the server, it seems there was too much downtime with not enough going on. Props to the people who are trying to do mini-events to fill in this downtime, but if you put the community on blast, it's going to dissuade new players from sticking around, and piss off community vets who otherwise would have helped.

I don't really have much to lose, so I figured I speak for myself and some of the other people who have left due to this behavior. I had really high hopes for MRP and GG in general, but until people get along/find common ground, and the attitude that starts at the top improves, nothing will change.

I will say though, I'm happy you came up with a physical work plan, that's definitely a step in the right direction.  You do seem like you care about the community, otherwise you wouldn't pour so much time into it, just felt like I needed to get this off my chest.

Edited by PraetorDon
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I dont know why, but I feel like a new "Garnet's Interests" thread is about to be made 😳

But on to the serious part, something needs to happen. Whether that really does mean that Don does make another "Garnet's Interests" post. If you have suggestions that you have and need to be put out there (regardless of what its about) suggest it. I was very surprised that I needed to be the one to say something about AFSOC and the event server. If you truly care about this server, you need to point out the mistakes and have someone help fix them. Again, I am surprised that I have to be the one to say this, but there is always the suggestion sub-forum.

• Cringe 1
9 minutes ago, Ting said:

IBut on to the serious part, something needs to happen. Whether that really does mean that Don does make another "Garnet's Interests" post. If you have suggestions that you have and need to be put out there (regardless of what its about) suggest it. I was very surprised that I needed to be the one to say something about AFSOC and the event server. If you truly care about this server, you need to point out the mistakes and have someone help fix them. Again, I am surprised that I have to be the one to say this, but there is always the suggestion sub-forum.

I'm not making any more threads regarding MRP, as I've effectively left the community, and don't have a good grasp of what's going on the server, outside of the viewpoints of others. I'll still offer my opinion occasionally, but that's about it.

I did make a post on some improvements, and I got shit on for it, saying that "I copied everything". There's a reason people don't want to post. At the time, being on the staff team, I preferred to work with Jim and other staff members directly, which is honestly how it should be.

Edited by PraetorDon