DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Oatlife - RC Delta Boss Application

In-game Name: 91st CDR 8826 Neyo

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:155811266

Playtime: 500 Hours

Leadership experience (on current GG SWRP): 91st Commander (active, but will leave if given the opportunity), Shock Captain (active), 19thAW LT (Active)

Why should you be selected for this position?

I believe I should be selected for this position because of my capabilities and experience with being a leader. For the past two months I have been an officer for the 91st and, while yes I have had some problems, I feel as if I have done a fairly good job. When I was first promoted to 2LT within the battalion it consisted of three players total, and is now much more active. Along with this the issues that arose within 91st (some members minging specifically), I can fully assure these would not happen if I were given the position. Delta is understandably a much more prestigious battalion then the regular battalions, and because of this I would make sure that the people let in were one hundred percent capable of being able to RP along with being skilled at the game. In lore the four characters have created a strong bond with each other because of the years they spent fighting and training with each other. I would ensure this same bond would be created with the Delta squadron in game. I would accomplish this by having the members do trainings, missions or operations, and other out of character activities with one another. This would not be forced of course, but highly encouraged. Over the past two years of playing Garnet servers between MRP and now SWRP I have learned quite a bit about how to role play. I personally take time to ensure my higher enlisted are fully capable of being able to role play, and I would make sure it was the same on Delta, except to a much higher degree. Finally I believe I am more fit for this position because of my ability to be open with communication. Whether that be with the super admin, or the other players. If I mess up I do really try to make things right, and communication is one of the first steps.

Along with this it would be beneficial to the server because it would free up a lot more of my time. At the moment I am completely comfortable with how the 91st is, and am ready to hand it down. There are five officers besides myself, so finding a replacement would not in the slightest be difficult (I have two very competent people in mind). To add on to this, it would give me more time to focus on finding a CDR for shock, and give me time to do more trainings with pilots, to ensure that they are capable of any situation that may occur in aviation. Finally, it would give me the time I need to feel comfortable with to reapply for game master. The server is in need of game masters as of now, especially during late night hours when I can be especially active. These things would give me a chance to keep the player base more active, engaged, and involved. Which, as of late, have been needed for the server, especially, again, in the later or earlier hours.

How active can you be?: Very, upwards of 11 hours on average a day.

Do you understand that you can be removed from this role if you do not perform up to expectations?: Yes

Side Note: To Phantom. My actions towards you in the past have been horrible. As I said before I really am sorry, everything done or said was uncalled for. I was trying to impress the wrong crowd. I cannot change what I did, but I can say I'm sorry, and that I will never be that immature again.

Edited by Oatlife
  • Like 3
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 3

+1

Even though I've been out for a bit (due to reasons I wish to not state) from what I saw of him before taking my short hiatus, he seemed to be doing 91st very well. He rose through the ranks pretty quick, but he had 91st going and he's been extremely dedicated to his role, along with the server seeing as he's still Commander of the 91st. I think Oatlife has very much matured during his time on SWRP, understanding how his behavior is vital to his image as a leader and rolemodel for the server. I think Oatlife would be a fine addition to RC, especially as the leader. He has experience being the current 91st Commander, and understands how he'd need to function, along with how to behave and who to select for his squad, meaning he won't just let people in based on how well they can shoot a gun on the server, but along with how they act and their reputation with the community. For these reasons I have no doubt that Oatlife would be a great fit as the Delta Commander.

• Like 1

+1

Oatlife's been a great friend and leader to many people. He's done a great job with 91st and other factions he's led/held an position in.  He's had times where he's lashed out before but has matured since and has been doing a good job on terms of attitude. He has lots of leadership/roleplay experience and I have no doubt he'll do a good job as Boss if he gets it.

• Like 1

+1

Me and Oatlife had some beef back then, beef aside, I think we are chill now. I've had good interactions with Oatlife for like a week now. He's a funny and a chill dude. I think Oatlife is mature and capable for this. Good luck, hope you get accepted.

• Like 1

You are a dedicated leader and are definitely capable of becoming the RC Commander. The only thing I’m worried about is who will be taking your place in 91st if you do resign do you have anyone in mind?

• Informative 1
5 minutes ago, horsegarrysmod said:

You are a dedicated leader and are definitely capable of becoming the RC Commander. The only thing I’m worried about is who will be taking your place in 91st if you do resign do you have anyone in mind?

As I said in my original post, I currently have 3 1LTs and 2 2LTs, about to gain another 2LT making a total of 6 officers besides myself. The person I have in mind has become one of my best friends on the server and he is 100% fit to run it, considering he has a past of leadership experience, MRP specifically. If he decides to decline there are 3 other members I have in mind that I believe are dedicated and mature enough to handle a CDR position. Regardless of this I was preparing to hand it down anyways, the timing just seemed to work out well here.

Edited by Oatlife
  • Like 1

+1 A dedicated CDR who i know will still carry on this dedication even he does or does not get this position.  He took over as 91st CDR and handled it pretty good, I saw his leadership skills before he was even a CDR and only a CPT on 91st.

• Like 1

+1

One of the few people I can rely on to get something done in game without much guidance or assistance. He’s looking to pass the torch of 91st and if granted RC, it’ll be left in a healthy state. 

• Like 1

+1, although 91st has been going through a lot of CDR changes, I believe your choices for the next CDR are pretty good. All of them are active and mature(for the most part). Back to you, you have leadership experience, and I have high hopes you wont make RC a friend faction.  Hope you get it, GL.

• Like 1

+1
Known Oat about two years now and he's probably one of the best fit at the moment to take RC off it's feet. He has had his slip-ups in the past and has definitely made mistakes but, seeing how he has been able to handle 91st and make it one of the most active and trust worthy battalions for events while having no experience with leading something close to an entry faction, I'd say he's done good for it.

Regarding how he'd fit into the Boss position, I think he'd be perfectly fine. He's always been one to be able to co-ordinate small groups of people and be able to RP reasonably well. I think Boss will also be a good position for him, as RC is not needed for every single operation and he would be able to find other roles to fit on his other characters should his members be missing for an event, or should RC simply not be needed by the GM's.

Good luck, Oat.

• Like 1