DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[StarWarsRP] Body Groups/Closets

• Community Director

Suggestion: Add "bodygroupr-master" to the server, it's a live update body group modification addon that changes aspect's of the player's model. 

Reasoning: Most models on the server already have extensive bodygroups.  The player/user is downloading already packs with massive/extensive bodygroups, so this is just a means to add extra roleplay and fully utilize the model.

Additional Information: This would allow players to customize body groups from a closet, that is spawned like any other entity. And avoid players looking like the image below from switching classes. The addon itself runs at 52.8 KB which in megabytes is 0.0528 MB, so a small addon, that can add a lot more. The addon is for purchase from the Gmod Store - I simply added the Sci-Fi Prop Locker (models/lt_c/sci_fi/ground_locker_small.mdl) in the shared.lua. The addon also supports a permissions systems that works with D3A. The addon does support multiple job models - which is shown in the videos

AOyIx5u.png
jTxiQZB.png

https://streamable.com/fwhw8o (Pardon the awful Default Gmod Thirdperson)

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 1
  • The Garnut

Unfortunately I don't think this can happen, alot of the models we currently utilize on the servers have a pre-defined set of bodygroups in order to keep the size of our content folder down. Furthermore, you can practically utilize a trooper model and attach ARF/ARC body groups onto it.

Would love to know @Phantom's input.

I would love to be able to edit bodygroups. Especially if we implement a CT battalion, as they rank up they can add a kama and skirt depending on their rank. I'm just not sure exactly how the addon works, which is something Conway is more familiar with if he could further explain it. If I understand what Garnet is saying, I don't think random troopers will be able to change their bodygroup to look like ARC? If so, I'm sure there can be rules in place to prevent that. It's pretty obvious who is ARC and who isn't.

+1 Rules would have to be added onto every battalion about ranks and what they can have / can't have on them. If it comes a problem it can become a FailRP warn cause they are wearing something they arn't suppose to be wearing. But, Big +1 from me.

• Agree 1
  • Community Director
1 hour ago, Garnet said:

Unfortunately I don't think this can happen, alot of the models we currently utilize on the servers have a pre-defined set of bodygroups in order to keep the size of our content folder down. Furthermore, you can practically utilize a trooper model and attach ARF/ARC body groups onto it.

Would love to know @Phantom's input.

DarkRP job presets as in:

TEAM_EXAMPLEGG = DarkRP.createJob("GG SWRP Example", {
    color = Color(21, 23, 23, 255),
    model = {},
    description = [[]],
    weapons = {},
    command = "examplegg",
    max = ,
    salary = ,
    admin = ,
    vote = ,
    hasLicense = ,
    candemote = ,
    category = "SWRPExample",
    PlayerSpawn = function(ply)
        ply:SetBodygroup(1, 1)
        ply:SetBodygroup(2, 4)
        ply:SetBodygroup(6, 6)
    end
})

"ply:SetBodygroup" - do not matter, those are simply presets, once you use the closet, they will completely override and reset when you switch to a new job.

Regardless of the presets, the models have body groups, I tested all the models MOST more than 85% have extensive bodygroups 7+ options

oXemnFp.png

Z3OsRoK.png

3gYuddN.png

SN8XUI9.png

The most you can put on the CT model as a Kama no helmet, not ARF/ARC abilities.

6RyK7wP.png

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c12.png

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.