Taking effect June 10-15 2020  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next map

• Taiga
    • Chaharikar

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

What would you like to see next?

At this point, I've completely omitted maps which cause a dip in our playerbase, IE: Echo/Siberia and have deleted their content.

Taiga_v3

d398dca97f37fefca040bee68d6cd7e3.png

Last used: Mid-2018

Chaharikar

2d6a52ddf1fe1579640e01f974c8134c.png

Last used:  Mid-Early 2020

• Like 6
  • The Garnut

Note to those saying 'playerbase was best during Chaharikar' while this is true, we also have not been on Taiga in 2 years, and originally it did VERY well. Worst comes to worst if it's not well-received, I will say fuck it and switch to Chaharikar within the week.

• Like 4
  • 300 IQ 3
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

I’m not joking when I say, I miss the times I actually had on CSCDesert - I know people will joke about it’s return, but how about TaigaV3, from what I’ve heard it’s objectively the best map, though my personal favorite would be forest.

But I kinda was just giving my input - I don’t play much anymore so don’t take it like it’s someone else’s opinion

• The Garnut
4 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

I’m not joking when I say, I miss the times I actually had on CSCDesert - I know people will joke about it’s return, but how about TaigaV3, from what I’ve heard it’s objectively the best map, though my personal favorite would be forest.

But I kinda was just giving my input - I don’t play much anymore so don’t take it like it’s someone else’s opinion

CSCDesert was only great because of the people, we have since returned to it and did not have a good experience AT ALL.

• Agree 3

Taiga V3 is most likely the best map for me, the mixture of CQC on the objectives and surrounding hills with sniping in the valleys was honestly the best sort of balance I have seen in a gmod map. 

For all those voting, make sure you vote for the map that will play the best, not for the memories of that map. Lots of us remember desert with rose tinted glasses, that doesn't make it a good map just remember that nostalgia is a big part of why people vote for maps not necessarily how well it played.

TLDR; vote for the combat not the people

• Like 1

Taiga V3 is  unanimously thought of as a good map, I have never talked to anyone with negative opinions about it. And on the couple days  I played it it seemed well optimized. And as Lala said, if it turns into a bad decision, you can just switch to Chaharikar.

• Like 1