DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP | Map Rotation Vote

Taking effect June 10-15 2020  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next map

• Taiga
    • Chaharikar

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Oh man Taiga v3 was the map that started it all for a lot of people, a good chunk of whom are still playing. 

We’ve gone down nostalgia lane recently with Siberia and failed, but I believe that’s because people hated the limitless climable mountains and dark ambience. V3 is heralded as the best of the Taigas and I’d love it’s return.

• Like 3

This is probably gonna happen with taiga again, “we really love this map” but it was the people and memories made there that they truly like it. As much as I like taiga, nothing can replace those 2018 memories that I made on there. It’s a good map though. And considering we haven’t been on it in a while it’s all the more reason to bring it back. May hop on for a little bit for some nostalgia.

I've never played taiga v3 so I voted for it. I also don't think the original echo was bad, had good cqc and cover plus tunnels. I think revised echo was what people didn't like but idk much so I could be wrong

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
15 minutes ago, br0ken said:

Here are some v3 screenshots that I came across

Yax and Versetti...
spacer.png

Also when we had an SA to do fun things 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

v3 still remains to be my favorite map to this day. This was the first map that i rode all the way out all up until siberia so it will be very nostalgic for me while it will hopefully bring a rise in the player count as high as it used to be on the original taiga

• Community Director

I don’t exactly play MRP, but you have to realize you’re voting on a map, not to turn the player base back to that time. I would advise against voting on it because of what happened during that map. I was here for the bi-weekly map updates when Garnet was in his prime of mapping, neither map is bad. Neither map is going to “fix basecamp” or anything it’s something the player base has done itself. Neither map is going to be a solution to a whole host of issues, With that being said, V3 would be a solid choice as you’re going back to another solid map if people aren’t fond of V3. Hope this helped

Edited by AlexConway
  • 300 IQ 1
7 hours ago, Garnet said:

At this point, I've completely omitted maps which cause a dip in our playerbase, IE: Echo/Siberia and have deleted their content.

I would say the original Echo did quite well and I've heard from various players that they like that map. The second version of Echo however was disliked because the only routes you could practically take were through valleys unlike going on top of mountains. Obviously it could use a little touch-up to prevent people from getting on the two mountains by the boardwalk, but other than that I think the original Echo was pretty good.

Anyway +1 to Taiga, from what I've heard it is like Chaharikar but revamped, I personally have never played it so I'm down to play something new.

4 minutes ago, Gythem said:

I would say the original Echo did quite well and I've heard from various players that they like that map. The second version of Echo however was disliked because the only routes you could practically take were through valleys unlike going on top of mountains. Obviously it could use a little touch-up to prevent people from getting on the two mountains by the boardwalk, but other than that I think the original Echo was pretty good.

Anyway +1 to Taiga, from what I've heard it is like Chaharikar but revamped, I personally have never played it so I'm down to play something new.

The problems with original Echo were the awful fps, and the bridge cap being janky. Even with a powerful computer, the frames were terrible.

The bridge cap was fixed to be village, which was great. I actually liked the map design of Echo v1: good flank routes, harder to basecamp, but it wasn't worth the frame drops.