JammySpammy's Ban Appeal

In-game name: JammySpammy
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:178083086
Staff members in-game name: Unsure but most likely Aidan 
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): Again, unsure but this is Aidan's SteamID  STEAM_0:0:185163860
Date & Time of incident: 6/7/20  - 6/8/20 
Timezone: EST 
Ban Reason: Hacking 
How long were you banned for?: Permanently 
Proof of Ban:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2128586492
What happened? (include any proof): It was ~12am - 1pm when Finger Nugget made accusations of hacking and finding incriminating lua files. Soon after I had to go afk. At ~4-5pm I returned and played until ~8pm or so. At this point I was questioned in the Teamspeak by Aidan. I was asked to stream my screen to Aidan through a discord call. Then I got off for the night and returned to see myself banned. 
Why should your ban be removed?: 

I have never hacked nor have I possessed hacks in any form on Garry’s Mod. As it states on the Appeal format: “Warn/Ban appeals are no place for apologies, only appeal if you've been unrightfully warned or banned.” I have been unrightfully banned. I was constantly accused of hacking throughout my time on the server, and if I really was hacking I would’ve immediately stopped while I had the chance. Any sane person would’ve done the same thing. I also believe evidence that wouldn’t have been discovered under normal circumstances shouldn’t be considered valid. 

Clip during the last war I played before I got banned: 

https://streamable.com/tr4t0i

Edited by JammySpammy
added a clip
  • Cringe 23
  • Toxic 1
  • Haha 3
  • Disagree 1
19 minutes ago, Duglas said:

-1, we both know this isn't true

Why are you making such a judgment without proof? At this point This is really just a shitpost. 

Until proof is shown there's not much anyone could do and no one should be replying until proof is shown.

• Cringe 47
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
49 minutes ago, JammySpammy said:

I also believe evidence that wouldn’t have been discovered under normal circumstances shouldn’t be considered valid. 

Ha... Ha... You're pretty much admitting here that you hacked... Nice one...

You clearly hacked and are admitting to it, saying that evidence that wouldn't have been found normally, shouldn't be valid, this is not a Justice System, you admitted to it....

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3
59 minutes ago, JammySpammy said:

I also believe evidence that wouldn’t have been discovered under normal circumstances shouldn’t be considered valid. 

You're basically saying "because Zephyr cheated to expose me also cheating, the evidence doesn't count".

Edited by Jared Cox
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JammySpammy said:

So hacking caught you hacking correct? 
-1 all the way.

Edited by AmericanJebus
put the -1(i forgot to do that)
11 minutes ago, Jared Cox said:

You're basically saying "because Zephyr cheated to expose me also cheating, the evidence doesn't count".

12 minutes ago, AmericanJebus said:

-1 all the way.

Zepher didn't do anything but get himself banned. The cheat he used just steals the servers lua files I.E Weapons/Addons not users lua's they injected just a heads up so clips had to of got him banned

• 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Informative 2
  • Agree 3

What are you trying to prove dude everyone and their mothers on the server knew you were hacking, we just did not have the evidence for staff.

It was ~12am - 1pm when Finger Nugget made accusations of hacking and finding incriminating lua files. Soon after I had to go afk. At ~4-5pm I returned and played until ~8pm or so. At this point I was questioned in the Teamspeak by Aidan. I was asked to stream my screen to Aidan through a discord call. Then I got off for the night and returned to see myself banned.

In your post, you literally puss out after every time someone brings up the topic of your hacks. You were asked to stream your screen and you got off. Why didn't you stream your screen? This was not even the first time you "had to go AFK" after everytime someone brang up the topic of your hacks in OOC. It happened before and you "went afk" before as well. Before Finger spoke in OOC about your hacks, you were fairly active in OOC typing responses to people. Have some balls and stop trying to escape from the reality that you hacked. Your post itself has contradictions and fallacies.

Honestly didn't want to respond but would like to shed some light on this situation.

I was constantly accused of hacking throughout my time on the server, and if I really was hacking I would’ve immediately stopped while I had the chance.

I can immediately disprove this point. Over the time I've been in GB you have tried out quite literally over at least 15 times. Over these tryouts I've personally along with others simmed you and we've seen you do many sus things. Now albeit you may just be a really good player. But I find this hard to believe considering when we had staff deliberately spectate you during some of the sims and all of a sudden you don't perform as well as you previously did. Now once again you might've had an off day but still I find this hard to believe when almost everyone I played on the server I always saw your name all throughout the kill feed.

Any sane person would’ve done the same thing.

Idk man all the people that I've known that have cheated on many video games don't get accused and immediately think  "oh shit i should stop now" they keep going because 9/10 cheaters are there to cheat not care about their standpoint in a community.

Unfortunately, yes you shouldn't have been caught this way but the evidence is there and there is nothing you or anyone can do about it. You can't just say "since another person cheated to catch me I shouldn't be banned" because he did catch you no matter the circumstance.

All in all there is nothing you can do about it. You can try to disprove it all you want but I highly doubt it will work. You were caught, the evidence is incriminating, and its a done deal.  -1

Edited by Not Naitsir
  • Winner 4
  • Agree 4
5 hours ago, Duglas said:

-1, we both know this isn't true

Can we not jump to conclusions now, especially without concrete evidence? I don't know what the purpose of this response was other than it being prejudiced and a thoughtless opinion.

4 hours ago, Marky said:

You clearly hacked and are admitting to it, saying that evidence that wouldn't have been found normally, shouldn't be valid, this is not a Justice System, you admitted to it....

4 hours ago, Jared Cox said:

How is the way that I worded this is an admission of guilt? It's only my opinion and nothing else. 

4 hours ago, AmericanJebus said:

-1 all the way.

No, hacking the server found suspicious files, but you're not going to question the validity of them or ask for what exactly was discovered? 

3 hours ago, Hashim said:

What are you trying to prove dude everyone and their mothers on the server knew you were hacking, we just did not have the evidence for staff.

In your post, you literally puss out after every time someone brings up the topic of your hacks. You were asked to stream your screen and you got off. Why didn't you stream your screen? This was not even the first time you "had to go AFK" after everytime someone brang up the topic of your hacks in OOC. It happened before and you "went afk" before as well. Before Finger spoke in OOC about your hacks, you were fairly active in OOC typing responses to people. Have some balls and stop trying to escape from the reality that you hacked. Your post itself has contradictions and fallacies.

I apologize for not specifying in the original post, I did stream my screen to Aidan on two separate occasions, once to see my in game screen, and another to see my game files. After that I did get off for the night. 
I didn’t respond to OOC accusations because I didn’t want to give those people the reaction they wanted. Also, I went AFK because I had IRL activities. 
How could you "know "I was hacking if you did not have the evidence for staff? Your post itself has contradictions and fallacies. 

3 hours ago, Not Naitsir said:

Honestly didn't want to respond but would like to shed some light on this situation.

I can immediately disprove this point. Over the time I've been in GB you have tried out quite literally over at least 15 times. Over these tryouts I've personally along with others simmed you and we've seen you do many sus things. Now albeit you may just be a really good player. But I find this hard to believe considering when we had staff deliberately spectate you during some of the sims and all of a sudden you don't perform as well as you previously did. Now once again you might've had an off day but still I find this hard to believe when almost everyone I played on the server I always saw your name all throughout the kill feed.

Idk man all the people that I've known that have cheated on many video games don't get accused and immediately think  "oh shit i should stop now" they keep going because 9/10 cheaters are there to cheat not care about their standpoint in a community.

Unfortunately, yes you shouldn't have been caught this way but the evidence is there and there is nothing you or anyone can do about it. You can't just say "since another person cheated to catch me I shouldn't be banned" because he did catch you no matter the circumstance.

All in all there is nothing you can do about it. You can try to disprove it all you want but I highly doubt it will work. You were caught, the evidence is incriminating, and its a done deal.  -1

If I had hacks, why wouldn’t I use them to win the sims the other 15 times? Also, how would I know when a staff spectates me? Lastly, I perform poorly under pressure and stress that would come with trying out for Green Beret. During war, there’s no pressure that I’m under, but during Tryouts, if I mess up once that's it. 

If I didn’t care about my standpoint in this community, I would not have tried out for Green Beret so many times, ranked up to Warrant Officer, joined the Teamspeak and Discord, and be active within the community. 

The problem is with the evidence itself and not the way that it was obtained. In Garcia’s Ban Appeal, Finger Nugget stated that “I can say right now he wasn't using external assistance I ran the lua stealer several times and not once did it pick up anyone else's luas apart from jammy.” And yet, Garcia was banned. Also, Ozzy stated that “I’ve tested your lua stealer theory against 3 cheats and only 1 showed.” on Garcia’s Ban Appeal. Is the evidence truly incriminating considering the unreliability of lua grabbers? 

• Cringe 7
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
16 minutes ago, JammySpammy said:

And yet, Garcia was banned. Also, Ozzy stated that “I’ve tested your lua stealer theory against 3 cheats and only 1 showed.” on Garcia’s Ban Appeal. Is the evidence truly incriminating considering the unreliability of lua grabbers? 

Garcia got axed cause I had 20 minutes of the guy being possessed by kennyS after railing adderall. 

Lua stealers work. But, they steal lua’s lol. Sophisticated cheats aren’t detected by a grabber was my point when responding to Zephyr.

The notion that whatever he did had an influence on your ban is false. He’s not some sacrificial martyr. His actions and your ban have the same correlation as vaccines and autism.

• Toxic 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Haha 2
  • Winner 2

If I had hacks, why wouldn’t I use them to win the sims the other 15 times?

Because if you continuously cheated in the GB sims, it would've become VERY obvious to anyone that you were suspicious of hacking. You of course understood this, which is why coincidentally when staff members spectated you on numerous occasions, you played the game normally to hide the cheats.

I also don't believe that "any sane person would've [stopped cheating]". @Not Naitsir brought up this point earlier. If you cheat in a video game, why would you stop? Let's be real here, cheating in video games aren't fair to anyone else, but they're fun to the user. It's the same logic with cheaters on MRP. It's the reason why other games (and especially competitive games) like CS:GO are littered with cheaters 24/7. 

How is the way that I worded this is an admission of guilt? It's only my opinion and nothing else. 

I was simply stating that your particular sentence was kind of suspicious to me because you were trying to invalidate any evidence against you before anyone in this thread posted some sort of evidence. Now @skrt had corrected me with Zephyr's situation (and quite honestly I had said what I said from what people in TS were telling me about his ban, so I was assuming it was 100% factual and that it was completely possible to steal users lua's), but I still find it weird that you are trying to invalidate "evidence that wouldn’t have been discovered under normal circumstances". Which coincidentally sounds like you're directing this to the alleged proof that Zephyr cheated to discover that YOU were cheating, hence the "wouldn't have been discovered under normal circumstances".

If I didn’t care about my standpoint in this community, I would not have tried out for Green Beret so many times, ranked up to Warrant Officer, joined the Teamspeak and Discord, and be active within the community. 

This doesn't make sense to me. Caring about your standpoint in the community doesn't mean that you can't become a potential cheater in the future. Someone can easily build up a great reputation in this community and then decide to hack or break the rules severely enough to get a ban because they don't care anymore about Garnet or they just feel like acting mischievous. Of course I'm not saying that at one point you didn't care about your standpoint in this community, but I mean there's so many previous MRP players that have gone down this path that I have to disagree with you on this. You can be active in game, TeamSpeak, and care about the server all you want, but it doesn't mean you're automatically safe from not potentially downloading hacks to use on MRP.

Edited by Jared Cox
  • Agree 2
5 hours ago, Marky said:

5 hours ago, Jared Cox said:

5 hours ago, AmericanJebus said:

4 hours ago, Not Naitsir said:

49 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

Lua stealers work. But, they steal lua’s lol. Sophisticated cheats aren’t detected by a grabber was my point when responding to Zephyr.

Lua stealers are an impossible idea. That's not how Source handles networking, especially not how Garry's Mod handles networking and execution of Lua files.

Here is the only possible way a Lua stealer would work:

A backdoor on the server to process client-to-client requests, in which is not available on GG as far as we know. And as far as the scripting community knows, there isn't a recently new way to force upload and execute Lua onto the server without the use of existing backdoors and/or broken and outdated addons that haven't already been patched.

All cheats eventually reach the Lua state at some point, regardless of if they start there (Lua cheats) or not (C cheats), that's just how rooted Lua is into Gmod's revision of Source. The only thing you can do with a Lua stealer is "steal" clientside Lua files that have been added to your own client by the server (through the AddCSLuaFile function; for security and logically, clientside Lua files must be uploaded to the client using this function before they can be executed). I haven't done much research on how exactly they take what they take, but my guess would be your client's Lua cache (saved locally, garrysmod/cache) that has files compressed using LZMA; all it needs to do is decompress them and you've got clientside Lua code. I'm unsure of what that final result would look like, if there is any obfuscation that goes on to speed up the Lua cache when used or not.

It's also pretty scummy of people to use a single sentence against JammySpammy as if it is an admission of guilt - it isn't even close to being that incriminating and is similar to somebody being accused of burning down a store, them responding with: "I didn't burn down that store. I wouldn't ever burn down that store.", and investigators claiming they're guilty by assuming that they have intention to burn down a different building, just not that store, "Oh, but you'd burn down another store?".

Doubt we'd actually get to see the evidence publicly but that's another post for another time, but as Ozzy has already said, what we got from Zephyr was definitely not what was used against you in discussion for the ban, at least I'd hope it wasn't.

• Informative 1
  • Winner 1