MilitaryRP - Lets not have history repeat itself | CONTRIBUTE

Nutter

• The Garnut

Hello NutGamers,

MilitaryRP has a pretty solid map rotation of 4 maps (Omega, Chaharikar, Echo, and Delta) to my surprise - and a few others, the least favorite among the least was picked as the next rotation, however, in order to avoid a further population dip after the initial week on the map, I've taken my time to yet again (surprise) fucking open up Hammer again and spent so far 5 days of 10 hours of work onto Delta. Delta was somewhat optimized but I have absolutely cranked it up a notch and re-created entire buildings that were previously assets provided by past mappers of ours, in order to get any amount of FPS I can.

I would like to know what objectives/changes you guys would like to see in the map.

So far, I have relocated ATTC and Silo to the back of the maps, to be used as secondary objectives, and the map will end up having 5 objectives. COMMS from CSCDesert was added to satisfy the nostalgia whores. That was NOT a joke.

This is a current aerial view marking the first week of work on the map:

xPYzdVW.jpg

This is what Delta used to look like before I absolutely fucking gutted and started re-vamping it.

(ty Vac for images I was able to find on the forums posted by you) - some comparable terrain.

A1E27D27841A157FEE0795F42AD716C2AA2C015B

qsXns2A.jpg

A4440663187A066108240B35532F69CF69D1B062

EoSF0Z2.jpeg

4D8B4C72F9ED63C0D33D9FC10075472AD513951D

FoSb5MI.jpeg

How it looks like now (1 week in progress)

• Like 4
  • Spicy 2
  • Informative 1
  • The Garnut
10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It would be pretty cool to have something like TC, like a small obj with mountains surrounding the whole area

stEfLBI.jpeg

We have an oasis that is somewhat similar, but I can always create a really big dip for a crater

10 minutes ago, REEPER said:

I love the new OBJs and terrain, although not to nitpick, but the COMMS garage door went down instead of up and are the front door controls going to function like before?

Fixed, thank you. The door controls will function the same with the lock functionality.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Aparh said:

bushes

Bushes often just have a 1 sided advantage since there is often a render limit put on them that is more than often open to a huge sight line, making the bush useless since a sniper from far away, still sees you. Id say move away from bushes if this is gonna be the approach to them again (though still have a few for aesthetics).

Spots that stick out to me rn are just the sand hills and large dunes since it does give snipers quite a bit of cover and height advantage over an area, especially a desert. Again I believe I said this in an earlier thread but trenches could help if done right that offer a counter peak hole to snipers or even just a faster linear route or tunnel system that pushes medium distance combat instead.

Perhaps a feature of the map on the test server would help people grasp more spots that could be problematic.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
5 hours ago, Garnet said:

I would like to know what objectives/changes you guys would like to see in the map.

Taiga v3 Full Company. You can re-texture it to make it less gray and more brown/tan to fit the map esthetic.

Its an OBJ with 360 degree playability, offers vertical and horizontal aspects, and has been a resounding favorite every time it’s been available.

Negatives: some windows are blacked out until a certain distance, which gives a strong advantage to those looking out the windows. Hopefully that could be fixed.

EDIT: I’ve suggested this before but expanding on the cargo area would be beneficial. The area seems to have had some hills placed in the vicinity but I’d believe structures would provide for better gameplay, assuming we aren’t at brush limit. 

Here’s an example of my vision (obv not to scale):

spacer.png

So dock cranes 🏗 with ladders, keep those cargo ships, add a two-story office building, and a fueling station.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
19 hours ago, Aparh said:

I like it, I personally think this could be one of the best maps created. Personally I'd like to see slightly more bushes/rocks added as cover in throughout the map.

Problem is, Source doesn't swap out for lower quality models at a distance, so they need to be phased out entirely.

Make Larger SOC Rooms; GRU has like 10 people atm; So it'd be nice to have a bit more space.

Edited by BERB_DERE_GOTE