UpdatingWindows' Resignation

Hey guys. If any of you know me already and haven't seen me around nearly as often as I was before, I am going to explain everything about that here.

To make this as simple but as understandable as possible, right around the time I got accepted as a staff member again– life hit me like a truck. School started to become more challenging all of the sudden and required a lot more of my time, I started a new job at a restaurant that is taking more time, and I met a girl that I like a lot and whom I am giving a healthy amount of focus to as well. I do have free time, but not enough to basically where I would just be getting on to take sits and then getting off for x amount of days. If a staff member in any community wants to be a good staff member, they need to have a good understanding of what is happening at least every other day so that they are relatable to other players in a given community, knowledgeable, and reliable. The extremely sudden things that are happening in my real life now do not allow me to be capable of accomplishing those requirements. So because of all of this I think that it is courtesy to properly resign, right now, rather than be apart of a staff team that I do not believe that I am able to provide for anymore. I appreciate everyone that helped me reach the staff team for the third time over and everyone who was there to witness it, whether it mattered to them or not. Of course, I am going to list some notable people that I especially appreciated throughout my time on Garnet this year.

@TheDudeAbides Thanks for the small talk and obviously, your famous in-game ouid spot. I enjoyed the decent amount of time that we have talked together and I hope to talk with you again.

@Yamagata Thank you for being a figure to me throughout my entire time on Garnet, ever since I started playing. It was fun to conceptualize having a "manager race" and I hope you reach it again one day, if you truly desire that.

@ajbedhead I'm not really sure if you like me (we cannot forget the time I kicked you from skribbl.io), but I think you are a great manager. It would be cool to come back one day and see you being an SA.

@Fetn Thanks a shit ton for training me, I don't give you enough recognition for it. Pretty sure we hated each other prior to my time on the staff team this year, but it was nice to witness a small, and way less toxic friendship develop after that.

@Ba11ParkFrank41 I was mostly inactive when you became a staff member recently, but I am glad to see you grow from what you were before and overcome the standard that the community had set for you. Best of luck, don't fuck up man.

@Romac622 Thanks for being a goated ass fucking staff member bro. I'll always appreciate how I wasn't in the staff discord yet, so I had to contact you via PMs and you responded as quick as I would have wished for. I hope to see you as an executive one day my guy.

@vapr I love that you have still been a respected member of the community for so long and I kinda miss being buddies. Hit me up if you really feel like it sometime.

@Shin_Tsukimi You are also a goated ass Manager. I will never forget the low-key-but-also-really-not-low-key +1 that you gave me on my staff app and I also really hate that it had to go to waste. You were a huge inspiration for me when I thought I wanted to be a Manager. I would also really like to see you become an SA one day; I think you would be more than cut out for it. Thanks a lot for everything that you have done for me and the community dude.

@Tonganpoison Your bases are awesome bro. Don't stop what you're doing and I love that you are a staff member now.

@Cookiie Thanks for being the only one that noticed where my profile pic came from, and being a fan of that anime (I think?). You're a cool ass dude and I hope to see you again. *insert "Ryuko Matoi?" here*

@Papiraqi You are a really cool dude; we haven't interacted very much but when we did, I enjoyed it. Thanks for being nice to me.

@proggy Same with you my guy. We haven't talked much at all but you seem like you care a lot about the community and people like me and everyone else really appreciate it. Thanks so much for your hard work.

@Garnet Gonna be honest I don't even think you know who I am.  Does trollman ring a bell? Anyway, I'm not gone for good; I will be returning one day, whether it will be to commit to the staff team again or to just RP like everyone else. Thanks a lot for making such a great community that I haven't been able to leave alone for at least a few months at a time for the past four years.

Sorry if you cringed at any of that, but this is the most heartfelt resignation that I've written because I really do care about Garnet Gaming and I will be coming back as I have already said. Thank you to anyone else that I forgot to mention. Peace out for now.

- Windows 🙂

Edited by UpdatingWindows
Clarification
  • Friendly 1
  • Sad 7
4 minutes ago, UpdatingWindows said:

I was mostly inactive when you became a staff member recently, but I am glad to see you grow from what you were before and overcome the standard that the community had set for you. Best of luck, don't fuck up man.

I'm trying man thanks so much. Everytime I turn on my computer I'll remember you bru. Good Luck in life, enjoy it and I hope one day you come back again. But, priority is life always. Thanks for being a homi later man.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, UpdatingWindows said:

Hey guys. If any of you know me already and haven't seen me around nearly as often as I was before, I am going to explain everything about that here.

To make this as simple but as understandable as possible, right around the time I got accepted as a staff member again– life hit me like a truck. School started to become more challenging all of the sudden and required a lot more of my time, I started a new job at a restaurant that is taking more time, and I met a girl that I like a lot and whom I am giving a healthy amount of focus to as well. I do have free time, but not enough to basically where I would just be getting on to take sits and then getting off for x amount of days. If a staff member in any community wants to be a good staff member, they need to have a good understanding of what is happening at least every other day so that they are relatable to other players in a given community, knowledgeable, and reliable. The extremely sudden things that are happening in my real life now do not allow me to be capable of accomplishing those requirements. So because of all of this I think that it is courtesy to properly resign, right now, rather than be apart of a staff team that I do not believe that I am able to provide for anymore. I appreciate everyone that helped me reach the staff team for the third time over and everyone who was there to witness it, whether it mattered to them or not. Of course, I am going to list some notable people that I especially appreciated throughout my time on Garnet this year.

@TheDudeAbides Thanks for the small talk and obviously, your famous in-game ouid spot. I enjoyed the decent amount of time that we have talked together and I hope to talk with you again.

@Yamagata Thank you for being a figure to me throughout my entire time on Garnet, ever since I started playing. It was fun to conceptualize having a "manager race" and I hope you reach it again one day, if you truly desire that.

@ajbedhead I'm not really sure if you like me (we cannot forget the time I kicked you from skribbl.io), but I think you are a great manager. It would be cool to come back one day and see you being an SA.

@Fetn Thanks a shit ton for training me, I don't give you enough recognition for it. Pretty sure we hated each other prior to my time on the staff team this year, but it was nice to witness a small, and way less toxic friendship develop after that.

@Ba11ParkFrank41 I was mostly inactive when you became a staff member recently, but I am glad to see you grow from what you were before and overcome the standard that the community had set for you. Best of luck, don't fuck up man.

@Romac622 Thanks for being a goated ass fucking staff member bro. I'll always appreciate how I wasn't in the staff discord yet, so I had to contact you via PMs and you responded as quick as I would have wished for. I hope to see you as an executive one day my guy.

@vapr I love that you have still been a respected member of the community for so long and I kinda miss being buddies. Hit me up if you really feel like it sometime.

@Shin_Tsukimi You are also a goated ass Manager. I will never forget the low-key-but-also-really-not-low-key +1 that you gave me on my staff app and I also really hate that it had to go to waste. You were a huge inspiration for me when I thought I wanted to be a Manager. I would also really like to see you become an SA one day; I think you would be more than cut out for it. Thanks a lot for everything that you have done for me and the community dude.

@Tonganpoison Your bases are awesome bro. Don't stop what you're doing and I love that you are a staff member now.

@Cookiie Thanks for being the only one that noticed where my profile pic came from, and being a fan of that anime (I think?). You're a cool ass dude and I hope to see you again. *insert "Ryuko Matoi?" here*

@Papiraqi You are a really cool dude; we haven't interacted very much but when we did, I enjoyed it. Thanks for being nice to me.

@proggy Same with you my guy. We haven't talked much at all but you seem like you care a lot about the community and people like me and everyone else really appreciate it. Thanks so much for your hard work.

@Garnet Gonna be honest I don't even think you know who I am.  Does trollman ring a bell? Anyway, I'm not gone for good; I will be returning one day, whether it will be to commit to the staff team again or to just RP like everyone else. Thanks a lot for making such a great community that I haven't been able to leave alone for at least a few months at a time for the past four years.

Sorry if you cringed at any of that, but this is the most heartfelt resignation that I've written because I really do care about Garnet Gaming and I will be coming back as I have already said. Thank you to anyone else that I forgot to mention. Peace out for now.

- Windows 🙂

Well well if you come back and im still staff and you get staff again you know where to find me! good talking to you though

• Like 1