DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Blooms ban appeal

• Community Director

+1 If a member who was decently constructive in there time on the server and wants to come back but is permanently banned, and the community is willing; they should however: The important thing to remember is they are not accustomed to the same ban threshold as other members; since they were validly banned before and are unbanned for a reason other than the ban being false.

I think you fit this. You did a lot to help out (so I've been told), had a lapse in judgement, hopefully people can view that and you have an opportunity to display that on server.

For those who don't know he's reposting because his appeal was prematurely handled. Not by a fault of his own.

Edit: 
I'll addon to this, many people get unbanned for second chances, people more undeserving than him. Before anyone claims biased - I've never met the dude, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

1 hour ago, AwesomeAidan0221 said:

I even told him when I banned him that If I was still Manager I would have unbanned him after 6 months. 

I mean this right here. The banning executive said that after 6 months you will/would be unbanned him. Regardless of if Adian is staff or not, that is the premise on which you were banned. "He's no longer staff, so it doesn't matter", you keep bans from old staff, the premise is the same

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Didnt ban you, didn’t record you, nor is the screenshot of your Citizen account from me.

I know you didn't ban me. Thought you had the recording and evidence not sure but your name popped in my head if you didn't that's fine was just trying to find out who had it or maybe you knew because I believe you was around during the time of my ban but it has been quite sometime so my bad on that.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

-1 I think the precedent this sets is dangerous and ridiculous. 

Not gonna lie, the impact you had on the server is overblown. I’ve been vocal since I came into the MRP community that Docs and Tryouts are things 90% of the server can do and mean little to nothing. The event server failed. Whether that’s attributed to your ban, Shrimps leaving out of frustration, or what ever else, it failed. AFSOC has very little impact on the server. They basically serve as aerial taxi’s when requested and are sometimes involved in the seldom thought out operation/event.

I don’t know you as a person but I’ve heard you’re chill and a good dude. That’s great but neither is a reason to unban someone for cheating, something that has literally never happened outside of ban wipes.

PS: Didnt ban you, didn’t record you, nor is the screenshot of your Citizen account from me.

I completely agree with what Ozzy said here. Regardless of what you've contributed, if you cheat you should still be banned. "Oh, what about Yurri", I've changed the way I see things, and I was acting with bias when that incident occurred, and I think there is a large amount of bias around this case in general (obviously not on purpose). Very confused why what he contributed matters if it's never mattered in the past, I could be extremely mislead though. Not trying to step on toes or be rude in any type of way, it's just that this incident is very ordinary, and shouldn't be handled completely different just because he contributed a little towards the community. I don't have anything against you personally, and I'm sure we could be great friends if you're unbanned, but I just don't agree with that decision.

Edited by Acer

-1, I really don’t think allowing cheaters to be unbanned is a good precedent to have set. The only way I could really see you being unbanned is maybe chilling out in the other Garnet servers and re make a name for yourself that doesn’t have the label Cheater on it.

Chill in TS, all that and maybe one day you’ll be unbanned. I’m sure you were fun to have around but all that hard work in AFSOC means nothing when there was cheating throughout it.

• Agree 1

Now I'd say this is a bit tricky. Now you have contributed to Garnet even if it didn't work out too well. Ozzy made it seem like that even though you made an impact, it was a bit of a flop(sorry) so it wouldn't end up swaying him which I dont quite agree with. I think that a person who has intentions to improve Garnet should be brought back and its already been a year so +1.

• StarWarsRP Management Team

+1 

Cheating once and regretting it ever since, and basically excluded from the community permanently from 1 bad decision, is too harsh imo. Its clear from everyones comments that you were a positive member of the community, and weren't a troublemaker, who just made that dumb decision. For that reason I think you should be unbanned.

It doesn't make sense for you to remain evicted from a community for life for doing less than others who have been allowed back into the community.

14 hours ago, RealRichard said:

The only way I could really see you being unbanned is maybe chilling out in the other Garnet servers and re make a name for yourself that doesn’t have the label Cheater on it.

Worth mentioning a cheating ban is a community ban, so he can't play the other servers or join the Teamspeak without being instantly banned or having 'ban evasion' added to his ban reason

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 7

+1

Blooms easily has to be one of the kindest guys I have ever met on the server. To my knowledge I don't believe I have ever put down a +1 to an unban appeal for somebody who cheated, but I believe that blooms is a very different case. I was in Aidan's GB when him and I met blooms, and to reiterate what Aidan commented, I was very disappointed when blooms was banned, but I always believed that an unban for blooms was warranted after a long period of wait. Blooms is very different from a LOT of people who have submitted an unban appeal for cheating in the past, and that is simply because of his character. Blooms easily has the most positive and wholesome character out of everyone I have ever met on MRP, nothing about this guy screams suspicious or malicious. Again, to reiterate Aidan's comment, I can understand blooms' perspective of why he would feel the need to cheat. Blooms may have Dr. DisRespected one short time, but I would not be worried in the slightest about him committing something like this again if he were to be unbanned, and I would NEVER say something like this normally about a banned cheater. I know I may sound hypocritical as someone that has barely any sympathies for cheaters, but if the former manager who actually banned the guy believes 100% that he deserves a second chance, that speaks volumes. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3