DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Blooms ban appeal

+1

theres my big fat +1 for people who don't believe in second chances

clearly has a good intention and is sorry for cheating, the other +1's also explain why and I agree with them, I'm not going to write my own paragraph about it though as its already stated plenty of times as to why he should be unbanned, this doesn't even really matter though, jake is probably going to deny it

Edited by Early6111
cringe gg mrp moderators
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 1

While I haven’t personally met you, or have had any interaction with you, from these comments in this thread tell me you had quite a positive impact on the server.

With that being said, cheating is still against the rules.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
2 hours ago, Theos said:

Worth mentioning a cheating ban is a community ban, so he can't play the other servers or join the Teamspeak without being instantly banned or having 'ban evasion' added to his ban reason

If this is the case I do not see the issue with him being unbanned from other GG related servers and platforms, I will +1 the unbanning of bloom from other GG related servers. He cheated on the MRP and unless he ban evaded he shouldn't of been community banned from every other platform unless evidence of him cheating on those servers surface aswell. That said once/if he is unbanned from the other servers he should attempt to improve his reputation with others and convince people that he can abstain himself from cheating & than finally should he make his appeal. I haven't seen Blooms presence anywhere else in the community since his ban and therefore I will -1 for the time being.

1 hour ago, Early6111 said:

for people who don't believe in second chances

Coming from someone who most certainly does believe in second chances just because he was a kind soul before and maybe slightly after the ban doesn't mean their ban should be void in any manner. He cheated not only as someone who was new and didn't build up a reputation in the community but someone who gained the trust of others and was fully aware of the rules and the consequences of said rules. You were a veteran and you cheated its as simple as that.

TL:DR - Wait it out for the next ban wipe and/or improve your presence in the community and show more people from all over the community that you deserve a second chance.

P.S - For the management considering this appeal please understand the precedent that you will finally be setting & accepting if you should accept this appeal. This wouldn't only affect the MRP server but the community as a whole.

Edited by Horseyy
P.S
  • Cringe 1
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, Horseyy said:

P.S - For the management considering this appeal please understand the precedent that you will finally be setting & accepting if you should accept this appeal. This wouldn't only affect the MRP server but the community as a whole

I disagree. Situations like this should be taken case by case, the whole idea of precedents are stupid, all they do is allow people to use the overused argument of “Well this guy did the same thing and he is still banned”. Ever wonder why the Justice System has a range of Jail time for a crime, why they release on early probation? Because they know that every situation is different and all don’t merit the same punishment. The dude has already been banned for 1 year, I say it’s time to let him out on early probation.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 9
1 hour ago, AwesomeAidan0221 said:

I disagree. Situations like this should be taken case by case, the whole idea of precedents are stupid, all they do is allow people to use the overused argument of “Well this guy did the same thing and he is still banned”. Ever wonder why the Justice System has a range of Jail time for a crime, why they release on early probation? Because they know that every situation is different and all don’t merit the same punishment. The dude has already been banned for 1 year, I say it’s time to let him out on early probation.

+1 Just for this reason. Yes, blooms cheated which warrants for a permanent ban, but I don't feel like a permanent ban really fits this situation. Obviously, cheating for a day is pretty bad, but with how remorseful blooms really seems in his appeal and goodbye post, the fact that he only cheated for a day in a not-super harmful manner, along with the fact that he's already been banned for a year, I see no reason for him to remain banned. He's clearly learned his lesson and I feel that the community will definitely benefit from him being unbanned.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

+1 Bloomie seems like a Really chill guy and i feel like he should have a second chance considering that we let someone get unbanned even tho they distributed hacks and then got a high staff ranks seems unfair

• Cringe 1
33 minutes ago, Drone said:

+1 Bloomie seems like a Really chill guy and i feel like he should have a second chance considering that we let someone get unbanned even tho they distributed hacks and then got a high staff ranks seems unfair

So everyone should just cheat then? That’s pretty much sums up what you are saying. -1 there’s a reason why cheating is perma ban, it’s not something  you do on accident. I’m for ban wipe. 

• Cringe 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Community Director

I've said my piece, but I feel this is relevant to the appeal: The last time a ban wipe was discussed, Garnet said it would be the last one, at least for MRP. (This could change, but unlikely) There's no point in saying "wait for a ban wipe", when one won't happen. As he preferred people to make an appeal rather than mass-unbanning idiots.

Bans appeals should be case-by-case basis. You aren't compelled nor should you be to follow some else's decision on someone else's appeal

8 hours ago, AwesomeAidan0221 said:

I would like to reiterate that I am in support of his unban.

This alone ^ from the banning staff. 

Additionally, Garnet said:

While I too would love to have Bloom unbanned, this is not the way of going about it.

As in, he won't mind bloom being unbanned, he just wanted an appeal done correctly, not one accepted with little-to-no feedback

Still, +1

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 2
  • Cringe 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1
23 hours ago, Ozzy said:

-1 I think the precedent this sets is dangerous and ridiculous. 

Not gonna lie, the impact you had on the server is overblown. I’ve been vocal since I came into the MRP community that Docs and Tryouts are things 90% of the server can do and mean little to nothing. The event server failed. Whether that’s attributed to your ban, Shrimps leaving out of frustration, or what ever else, it failed. AFSOC has very little impact on the server. They basically serve as aerial taxi’s when requested and are sometimes involved in the seldom thought out operation/event.

I don’t know you as a person but I’ve heard you’re chill and a good dude. That’s great but neither is a reason to unban someone for cheating, something that has literally never happened outside of ban wipes.

PS: Didnt ban you, didn’t record you, nor is the screenshot of your Citizen account from me.

Ozzy is very much right on this one. Just wait for the next ban wipe dude, I don't think anyone has been unbanned due to appeal's like this for cheating. I talked to you like once and you are pretty chill, but it doesn't make a difference about that. Since you were cheating it's basically like the staff team had lost all trust on you. Also, I don't know if this affects anything  but aren't bans supposed to be within 30 days because when you got banned it was a literal year ago. Anyways, dude if you didn't want to get banned they why did you cheat in the first place? You made people leave in frustration because of this. My -1 is saying my guy.

• Agree 2
31 minutes ago, AlexConway said:

I've said my piece, but I feel this is relevant to the appeal: The last time a ban wipe was discussed, Garnet said it would be the last one, at least for MRP. (This could change, but unlikely) There's no point in saying "wait for a ban wipe", when one won't happen. As he preferred people to make an appeal rather than mass-unbanning idiots.

Bans appeals should be case-by-case basis. You aren't compelled nor should you be to follow some else's decision on someone else's appeal

This alone ^ from the banning staff. 

Additionally, Garnet said:

As in, he won't mind bloom being unbanned, he just wanted an appeal done correctly, not one accepted with little-to-no feedback

Still, +1

As quoted directly from Jake in Yurri's ban appeal (not comparing to Yurri's situation, just the wipe thing)

Denied
Wait for a wipe.

• Agree 1

-1. Same type of "aw noo not this cool guy that got banned, cmon give him another chance :(" situation. Precedent stands and in this situation I don't think it should be ignored. Guy was in a high-profile position, cheated since he was going away (blatantly at that), and not to mention his contributions at the time essentially become useless as he tarnished any reputation AFSOC had at the time since he was essentially the face of it since he was most active.
Also I don't believe it was true that you were only cheating for one day, I heard people complaining about you for days.

Edited by Pencil
  • Agree 4
1 hour ago, AgentCrypt said:

So everyone should just cheat then? That’s pretty much sums up what you are saying. -1 there’s a reason why cheating is perma ban, it’s not something  you do on accident. I’m for ban wipe. 

I think you may have misunderstood what @Drone was trying to say in his original comment.

Here is what Drone was referencing to:

Almost half-a-year ago, Ozzy easily could have been given a community ban for his role in the distribution of cheats and possible blackmail(?) whilst he was on the staff team (when the report was issued he was a SA on MRP), but was given a second chance by Garnet. (And @Ozzy please do not think I am trying to make you look bad/label you as a cheater, I thought your situation would be relevant to this reply and I know damn well you have changed your image and yourself for the better.)

If we could forget and forgive Ozzy's mistakes, give the man a second chance, then watch him contribute to the server and develop into the beloved Ozzy we know and like him for today, why not give blooms this same opportunity? And please do not use Ozzy's situation as an excuse to justify someone's wrongdoing's in every subsequent ban appeal for cheating because "well the current big manager man did a fuck-up before in his past so every denial of a ban appeal for cheating is hypocritical," I just believe blooms' situation is very different because of who I know the man to be. 

Now again, normally I would never comment something like this on a normal ban appeal, but I had already stated my +1 opinion on the matter previously. @AwesomeAidan0221 and I share the same opinions about blooms, and I thought he put my feelings well, so you can refer to his previous comments. If I truly felt blooms did this of malicious intent (which I know sounds weird considering he did cheat but again please refer to Aidan's comments), and/or if he chose to evade his ban, that is completely different. But I believe in this case we should maybe reconsider? He's been banned for a year, and I believe someone like him served his time, he paid his dues, he knows he fucked up, and I know his character would never want to do something controversial like this again, because that's who blooms is. I understand that we are strict on those who are cheaters, and I understand that many of us, including myself, have zero sympathies for those who have cheated, but for this very rare, one instance, please reconsider blooms' ban.

Edited by Jared Cox
  • Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 5

This is a tricky situation we got here boys. Bloom is a genuine guy I know that. He’s a cool guy and we played some among us so I don’t really know him like that, but I know enough that he is a nice guy over all. But, hacking is one of the worst offenses you can commit on the server. Everything you worked for will come into question by the whole community. We have great people who have been permanently banned before and are back who are now one of my best friends on the server which is why this makes this kind of tricky. I will remain NEUTRAL on this topic solely because of the fact that it really comes down to how much trust we can have moving forward if you do get unbanned. Remember if you do get unbanned, everything you worked for will come into question. So keep that in mind and good luck

10 hours ago, Drone said:

huh!? 

-1 u cheated and got the punishment, wait it out like the rest of us 😂

• Haha 3
  • Agree 2

This debate has been going around in staff discord as well. why should you be banned? because you said sorry? because you were active? those reasons are irrelevant in this situation you were cheating end of story, you admitted to it you saved staff the job to go look for proof. i dont see any reason you should be unbanned, there are plenty of other ppl who im sure had a good effect on the server and they got banned, for example ( you prob dont know him) hydro, hydro was staff and an officer under duglas along side with me and he was a good staff member and an officer, lets say he would make an appeal why should he be unbanned? cuz he said sorry? your situation is just the same you cheated you admitted to it there for you should be banned *Permanently* that's why the ban string says 999 years, cuz when you cheat you hurt the community so we ban you cuz you are no longer wanted in said community. big -1   

• Cringe 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2