Stabby's Moderator Application

In-game name: Stabby Wabby Guy

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:193974341

Warns: 1. RDM 2. RDM 

I currently have two warnings on Garnet Gaming and both of them are for RDM. Both of the warnings were a misunderstanding. One of the warnings was for taking a completing a hit that was automated and did not show the person that they were killed. The other warning was from when I was trying to complete a hit and accidentally shot someone and did not advert crossfire. 

Timezone: CDT

Playtime?:530:52:02

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]None

Past experiences as staff: [Optional]No

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I feel as though I should be chosen over other applicants because of the fact that when I get into a pattern of doing something I can get really good at it. I feel as though getting into the hang of something is vital to mastering it. Another reason I believe that I should be chosen over other applicants is because of the fact that I am typically nice to everyone that I meet for the first time. I can aloes devote a very large amount of time to the role because I don't have a life. I think this is necessary to having a good staff member.

Secondly, I believe that I should be chosen over other applicants because of my ability to lock into one thing and not stop until it is done. I always try to complete something when I start it and if I don’t I will always try to fix it. Finally I believe that I should be chosen because of my good judgment. Every time I'm listening to someone I always give them the benefit of the doubt and never jump to conclusions. I always try to gather a much evidence that I can before I come to a conclusion.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I Have Never been banned. 

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have made one other application on 5/21/21

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: In the upcoming summer months I can devote plenty of hours to my role each day.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I enjoy Playing Pavlov on my VR headset and I love watching the Simpsons.

Did you read the staff rules?: Stabby Wabby Guy

• Friendly 1
  • Informative 1
4 minutes ago, SNEAKYBOI3483 said:

I currently have two warnings on Garnet Gaming and both of them are for RDM. Both of the warnings were a misunderstanding. One of the warnings was for taking a completing a hit that was automated and did not show the person that they were killed. The other warning was from when I was trying to complete a hit and accidentally shot someone and did not advert crossfire

Your first warn isn't bad, especially since hit logs were broken, you could honestly appeal that. As for the second one, we don't have crossfire, however it sounds like not a big deal.

------

Just giving my input on the warns, also please don't paragraph nazi this man too hard @Fetn @Theta2 he's only 13.

------

I've had good interactions with you a Lot, however I won't +1 or -1 since I'm a manager.

------

Only issue I have is you advertised your last application, however that's why we have the wait period, so you have another shot at applying, so as long as you don't do that again, I have no complaints my on my end.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

also please don't paragraph nazi this man too hard @Fetn @Theta2 he's only 13.

You guys are so ignorant bruv, we literally take age into account, Aki's paragraphs were great for a 13 year old.

I did have a longer response written out with like 2 concerns but my shit fucked up and deleted it all.

Basically, your first warn doesn't make sense to me. If someone didn't know you had a hit on them then why did you still get warned if you were enforcing a hit?

You did "advertise" your last application which I don't quite agree with but shit happens.

And your paragraphs are a bit short but have 2 reasons each and follow with a sentence of elaboration for each reason which is ALL WE WANT BRO.

You did good, +1

Edited by Theta2
  • Cringe 1

+1

Your paragraphs are alright, and I’ve had nothing but good interactions with you in game, so this is an easy +1 from me. I still think you should be a little more active than you are, because you've only been active for the past few days from what I've seen (and that could very well be my fault). Other than that I think you'd make a pretty good staff member!

Edited by aidanpoppas123
18 minutes ago, Theta2 said:

Basically, your first warn doesn't make sense to me. If someone didn't know you had a hit on them then why did you still get warned if you were enforcing a hit?

I was on during this warn, it was because he accepted a random hit. The logs didn't work properly for random hits so it looked like he just RDM'd.

You are pretty active on the community and a nice guy to hang around, +1

Try to upgrade your paragraphs a little more to convince me why it should be you. Doesn't have to be anything major, just tell us a little more about why you'd be a good person to have on the staff team. This is your time to shine, any little details help even if you don't think so.

23 minutes ago, Corvo said:

I was on during this warn, it was because he accepted a random hit. The logs didn't work properly for random hits so it looked like he just RDM'd.

Still probably shouldn't have been warned because hits are hits even tho the logs weren't working. But hey, it's no big deal

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Theta2 said:

You guys are so ignorant bruv, we literally take age into account, Aki's paragraphs were great for a 13 year old.

I did have a longer response written out with like 2 concerns but my shit fucked up and deleted it all.

You did "advertise" your last application which I don't quite agree with but shit happens.

And your paragraphs are a bit short but have 2 reasons each and follow with a sentence of elaboration for each reason which is ALL WE WANT BRO.

You did good, +1

+1 too tired to write an actual response but see nyou in game yeah not much of a trouble maker

-1, Read Below

14 hours ago, SNEAKYBOI3483 said:

Stabby Wabby Guy

I haven't interacted with you in game at all. You don't have name recognizability to me.

accidentally shot someone and did not advert crossfire. 

You aren't required to advert crossfire on this server. Adverting crossfire doesn't get you out of a RDM warn. 

I can aloes devote a very large amount of time to the role because I don't have a life. I think this is necessary to having a good staff member.

Lmao what? The key to being a good staff member is not having a life? Damn you're really just roasting all of us out here.

530:52:02

You have a great amount of hours but I've never interacted with you 😞

Your application is very weak and I have no real experience with you. I don't see you making reports, in RP scenarios, or even on the server. It's possible we play at different times but I'm pretty active and play at different points in the day. If this application is denied, I'd suggest getting more involved in the community and reporting rule breakers on the server before re-applying. Despite my criticisms, good luck going forward!

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

you’re honestly kind of annoying  and tend to get on my nerves a lot -1 for me. fix your behavior 

21 hours ago, SNEAKYBOI3483 said:

can aloes devote a very large amount of time to the role because I don't have a life. I think this is necessary to having a good staff member.

.... yeah this just doesn’t even make sense. Most of the staff teams have lives idk wtf you’re talking about. Some have jobs and others have businesses. And we still staff better than all the other servers. 

Edited by Papiraqi
  • Agree 1

Alright, I'm gonna have to go with a -1 one this one. Here's why

1- Even though you have a lot of playtime, I don't think I had any interactions with you..? Maybe try and be a bit more active and interact with the community; get yourself known. 

2- Taking age into account, your paragraphs aren't TOO bad. But I'd say try and work a bit more on them. And also you can use some free grammar programs to correct the mistakes in your application. (Grammarly is a free and good one)

3- Try and elaborate on how much time you have to devote to staffing.

To be brief, this isn't a bad application at all. In my opinion, it just needs a bit more love. If you work on those points I might change my mind for a +1. Meanwhile, good luck!