DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

SirSmity - Staff Application

Smity_

In-game name: 11A 2LT Smity    
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 18
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:204070455
Warns: I got warned for Rdm Once. FailRp Once. Both around When I started playing.
Timezone: EST
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: 140:18:16.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES
Referral(s): Brian, Badguy
Past experiences as staff: No I have not. 
How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 
I plan on helping the Server by helping out the community. The community is going to my main focus and making sure that they are happy with the game. Being able to learn fast on how to be a Mod on the server is a great quality to have. I’m willing to take notes to fill this Position. These notes will be over everything around becoming a part of the staff.  So to make sure that there is nobody pulling that away from them. If there is, I will talk through it with them. Not just instantly give them no chance that will insure respect for me and the people of the server.  I want to make sure that everyone is having fun. I'm going to try my best to make that happen for everyone when I am playing. Especially in the AM hours when not really any mods or admins that are on. That’s where the server needs help the most. I will gladly fill that role.

I would say I'm very familiar with the rules of the server and how to deal with certain situations. Recently in the am hours like i’ve said I have seen that the server needs more staff to make the server more enjoyable during times like this. But mainly to resolve any problems on the server. I plan to make new players' experience on the server more enjoyable so they would love to keep on playing on Garnet Gaming and hope for them to explore some of the other garnet servers also. During times like this I've seen tons of people Minging, Not caring to RP and Also Mass RDMing when seeing people doing all of these things it really makes others angry. Especially those that haven't been playing that long. If I ever get into a sit with situations like this I would not be bias at all considering my warns are mainly from accidental rdms a while ago when I first started to play. This is going to help me hear both sides of the story to show that there is no bias. Like I will not be biased no matter who it is weather it is a random or one of my friends. I'll hear both sides and make an educated decision in order to not create any false warns or bans and to keep my sits as fair as possible. I've learned from my mistakes and I hope others do as well and I hope I can guide them in the right direction. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details No.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: It all depends on my work schedule and obviously since it’s summer right now I’ll be able to play more to help with this role. 

Edited by SirSmity
more time played lmao
  • Agree 6
12 hours ago, SirSmity said:

I plan on helping the Server by helping out the community. The community is going to my main focus and making sure that they are happy with the game.

This is basically something everyone would say in their application, try to be more 'special'. Making an entire community happy is something that's very hard to do, especially as a beginning staff member. Helping the server on the other hand is definitely something we are looking for. (Also, read over your sentences twice before actually hitting that submit button.)

I’m willing to take notes to fill this Position.  So to make sure that there is nobody pulling that away from them. If there is, I will talk through it with them. Not just instantly give them no chance that will insure respect for me and the people of the server.

Take notes of what? The stuff that you will be taught while someone is training you? If so, what will you talk through with 'them' and what will ensure that you gain respect among the players? Not sure what you are talking about in these sentences. 

I would say I'm very familiar with the rules of the server and how to deal with certain situations. Recently in the am hours like i’ve said I have seen that the server needs more staff to make the server more enjoyable during times like this. But mainly to resolve any problems on the server. I plan to make new players' experience on the server more enjoyable so they would love to keep on playing on Garnet Gaming and hope for them to explore some of the other garnet servers also. During times like this I've seen tons of people Minging, Not caring to RP and Also Mass RDMing and when seeing people massing it really makes people angry. If I ever get into a sit with situations like this I would not be bias at all considering my warns are mainly from accidental rdms a while ago when I first started to play. This is going to help me hear both sides of the story to show that there is no bias. Like I will not be biased no matter who it is weather it is a random or one of my friends. I'll hear both sides and make an educated decision in order to not create any false warns or bans and to keep my sits as fair as possible. I've learned from my mistakes and I hope others do as well and I hope I can guide them in the right direction. 

Basically, I would recommend to rewrite this entire paragraph. It's very redundant and not giving us anything to say ''Yes, this guy would be a very good asset towards our team''. The things you've said in this paragraph are all about not enough staff being on in the AM hours (something you want to change, which is good) and how you will not be biased during sits. Non-biased decisions are actually an expectation, and it's good that you point it out but this paragraph needs some more thinking if you ask me. Really try to go in-depth about how you as person will add onto the server's improvements. 

This is actually the first time I decided to kind of break down an entire application - but I genuinely think that if you change up your application a little I am sure that it will be for your own betterment and that it will potentially lead up to your acceptance. You are definitely a good person and I have seen good things from you on the server. Just not giving my +1 until you fix up some of the grammatical errors in this application and some of the pointers I've made. 

• Cringe 2
  • Agree 1
  • Community Director

+1 - I think you can be a fresh face that could be beneficial to the staff team, your willingness to help everyone is frankly refreshing. I don't personally get nit-picking an application, your point is proven, and it's in legible English, you've definitely written more than the requirements. As a whole, you meet the requirements, and after all there's a reason it's called Trial Moderator, I think you're worth a trial. Good luck.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 2
  • Disagree 1

BIG +1

I talked to you about applying for staff and I think you'd be really good. You got the right attitude motivation and dedication that would make you a great staff member. You've been helping 11B for a while now so I have no doubt you could do a good job at helping the rest of the server.

• Like 1