DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

ShankNinja's Staff Application [Part 2: Electric Boogaloo]

In-game name: ShankNinja

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:18378805

Warns: None active

Timezone: CST

Playtime?: | ShankNinja has played for 1479:13:53.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES 

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] xFish, Anthony, aidanpoppas123

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Previously an S.Mod and past experiences on multiple game servers as admin and owner (TF2 and Minecraft).

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I'll give you four reasons right off the bat: I was previously staff, I have over 1,000 hours on the server (non-idle), I consistently help new players without (and previously with) staffing powers, and I would consider myself one of the more experienced players on the server. Additionally, I've been told by several staff members to apply such as Shin, Fetn, and ajbedhead (I'm sorry if I didn't name anyone I know I have had a few more but I can't remember all of you) although these aren't considered straight referrals. I still have all of my staff binds active and have the D3A/Server Rules/Staff Rules hyperlinked on my Profile so I can quickly grab it from Shift+Tab during a sit, as well as binds to talk during looking at logs for evidence and an expansive hard drive purchased specifically for collecting staff evidence. On top of my staffing experience, I consider myself a rather well-known member of the community and many of you know me to be rather friendly and easygoing. Sure, there's times when I'm not in the best of moods but I generally try to maintain a chill mindset while I am on Garry's Mod because although I'm one of the people who takes it seriously, it is a game after all.

For those of you who haven't known me while I was staff, I conduct my sits nonbiased and to-the-rules. I'm not warn-happy so to speak, as I prefer to spend my time explaining the rules to new players and when I see an honest mistake bring somebody into a sit. Sure, many sits require me to warn somebody and I am not above warning or banning somebody even if I have known them for a long time or if they're my friends: Rules are rules, and not enforcing them correctly is just as bad as breaking them. I am one of a small group of people who gets on in the morning and plays all the way through the night. This allows me to cover over 12 hours of gametime on the days that I'm on which provide a wide coverage for sits that need handled. Oftentimes I see the current staff team overwhelmed with sits and have even taken several sits as a temporary mod when they've gotten to near-record-breaking levels. Although I won't always be able to step in, there are plenty of times now when I wish I was able to but can't.

Accepting me would help with the lulls in staff activity throughout the day and would provide more opportunities for me to assist players and the server as a whole. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?  One ARDM warn for a misclick over a year ago

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes: https://garnetgaming.net/forums/index.php?/topic/9988-shankninjas-staff-application/ on May 19, 2020

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Although I play for 12+ hours and 3+ days a week, a lot of that time is me working from home and as such I won't be constantly available for sits as I am thrown into a lot of meetings. However, I am well versed in the sit quota and know that the time that I do spend will exceed this when I am not particularly busy. I have held off on putting this app in due to the workload I was under but I currently have a lot more time than in the past as my job has hired new team members to assist with my workload, and is in the process of hiring yet another.
My work is unable to make me do overtime as I'm a salary worker and as such that leaves me at least 4 hours per day of "play time" which is where I RP, interact, enjoy whatever's happening in the server and if I'm accepted, take reports.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? My only non-videogame based hobby right now that I still work on is Chess, although I have some Guitar and Drum experience I haven't moved these to my apartment yet so I've been slacking on practive. The games I play mainly are Call of Duty: Cold War, Apex Legends, Overwatch, as well as many singleplayer games when I have the time; Although to be honest I don't have much time apart from Garry's Mod, working out, seeing my family and maintaining my job. I'm currently studying for my Salesforce Administration certificate which also takes up a lot of free time, although I wouldn't consider it a hobby it's definitely a time-consuming activity.

Did you read the staff rules?: ShankNinja

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

In-game name: ShankNinja

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:18378805

Warns: None active

Timezone: CST

Playtime?: | ShankNinja has played for 1479:13:53.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES 

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] xFish, Anthony, aidanpoppas123

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Previously an S.Mod and past experiences on multiple game servers as admin and owner (TF2 and Minecraft).

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I'll give you four reasons right off the bat: I was previously staff, I have over 1,000 hours on the server (non-idle), I consistently help new players without (and previously with) staffing powers, and I would consider myself one of the more experienced players on the server. Additionally, I've been told by several staff members to apply such as Shin, Fetn, and ajbedhead (I'm sorry if I didn't name anyone I know I have had a few more but I can't remember all of you) although these aren't considered straight referrals. I still have all of my staff binds active and have the D3A/Server Rules/Staff Rules hyperlinked on my Profile so I can quickly grab it from Shift+Tab during a sit, as well as binds to talk during looking at logs for evidence and an expansive hard drive purchased specifically for collecting staff evidence. On top of my staffing experience, I consider myself a rather well-known member of the community and many of you know me to be rather friendly and easygoing. Sure, there's times when I'm not in the best of moods but I generally try to maintain a chill mindset while I am on Garry's Mod because although I'm one of the people who takes it seriously, it is a game after all.

For those of you who haven't known me while I was staff, I conduct my sits nonbiased and to-the-rules. I'm not warn-happy so to speak, as I prefer to spend my time explaining the rules to new players and when I see an honest mistake bring somebody into a sit. Sure, many sits require me to warn somebody and I am not above warning or banning somebody even if I have known them for a long time or if they're my friends: Rules are rules, and not enforcing them correctly is just as bad as breaking them. I am one of a small group of people who gets on in the morning and plays all the way through the night. This allows me to cover over 12 hours of gametime on the days that I'm on which provide a wide coverage for sits that need handled. Oftentimes I see the current staff team overwhelmed with sits and have even taken several sits as a temporary mod when they've gotten to near-record-breaking levels. Although I won't always be able to step in, there are plenty of times now when I wish I was able to but can't.

Accepting me would help with the lulls in staff activity throughout the day and would provide more opportunities for me to assist players and the server as a whole. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?  One ARDM warn for a misclick over a year ago

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes: https://garnetgaming.net/forums/index.php?/topic/9988-shankninjas-staff-application/ on May 19, 2020

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Although I play for 12+ hours and 3+ days a week, a lot of that time is me working from home and as such I won't be constantly available for sits as I am thrown into a lot of meetings. However, I am well versed in the sit quota and know that the time that I do spend will exceed this when I am not particularly busy. I have held off on putting this app in due to the workload I was under but I currently have a lot more time than in the past as my job has hired new team members to assist with my workload, and is in the process of hiring yet another.
My work is unable to make me do overtime as I'm a salary worker and as such that leaves me at least 4 hours per day of "play time" which is where I RP, interact, enjoy whatever's happening in the server and if I'm accepted, take reports.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? My only non-videogame based hobby right now that I still work on is Chess, although I have some Guitar and Drum experience I haven't moved these to my apartment yet so I've been slacking on practive. The games I play mainly are Call of Duty: Cold War, Apex Legends, Overwatch, as well as many singleplayer games when I have the time; Although to be honest I don't have much time apart from Garry's Mod, working out, seeing my family and maintaining my job. I'm currently studying for my Salesforce Administration certificate which also takes up a lot of free time, although I wouldn't consider it a hobby it's definitely a time-consuming activity.

Did you read the staff rules?: ShankNinja

wait wait wait wait WHEN THE FUCK DID YOU RESIGN ORIGINALLY I THOUGHT YOU BEEN STAFF THIS WHOLE TIME 

obvious +1 who the fuck wouldn't you were great when you were staff.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The King of Rohan said:

wait wait wait wait WHEN THE FUCK DID YOU RESIGN ORIGINALLY I THOUGHT YOU BEEN STAFF THIS WHOLE TIME 

obvious +1 who the fuck wouldn't you were great when you were staff.

+1 bro this nigga said it 

• Like 2

Accepted
Welcome back to the team Shank!
Contact any manager to get your in-game rank.
You can get your Teamspeak servergroups from any DarkRP Executive.
Once you have your ranks, please don't use any commands or go on duty until you have completed training conducted by a Lead Mod+.

• Like 2