DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

ShankNinja's Staff Application

In-game name: Shankninja

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:18378805

Warns: Att RDM, honest mistake but I do own it as I was explained afterwards that I was in the wrong.

Timezone: CST

Playtime?: | ShankNinja has played for 634:45:14.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES (OBS, already have over 1 Terabyte of footage to clean...)

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Lancey only official confirmed recommendation.

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Team Fortress 2 Admin/Owner of a few Surf/Idle servers, several other gameservers (Minecraft, Counter Strike: Source). Have never owned/operated/administrated a Garrysmod Server however (besides one with friends, very few addons - this was 10 years ago). I am extremely fluent in console and commands so I can quickly pick up and operate off of whatever commands and training is needed.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
I'm a mature, nonbiased, player of the server. I have played over 580 hours in just over two month's time (an average of just over 8 hours per day) and I have been able to understand how the rules work, how things are handled, and how a level headed moderator works versus a new moderator. I know this from the various sits I've been in for reports and witnessed. I've seen how things are handled in usual circumstances and have a feel for how the log system is used and understand proof is required for a serious punishment. I also know not to use a punishment on a player that is heavier than the action, and that there are guidelines to understand and follow.

In addition, I love interacting with and helping people on this server. Most people are pretty laid-back, and even those that aren't, I feel I'm capable of dealing with. I believe keeping a level head and de-escalating the situation before coming to a solution is the key in making sure both players understand and accept the choices and their consequences. Many sits are truly a learning experience, and with a server as large as this there are bound to be new players that genuinely don't know or understand all the rules and I realize that Staff is there for these new players too, so that we can invest in and foster a community of accountability for both new players and old.

Why should you choose me though? I feel that with the recent resignations, and after being ingame for long enough, that there are several times where staff are completely overwhelmed. Who can blame them if there's 1-2 Staff online with 60-100 players? I can keep a level head in a stressful situation, as it's a skill I've had to learn for my career and my life. I know that a fun server and a fairly moderated/administrated community is one that people prefer to return to and that's why I'd like to be a part of the staff team. In addition, I'm already finding myself helping new players in OOC when they ask questions, and already have the top 3 FAQ bound (How to make money/XP, how to make keypads work, how to access main settings) so I can quickly and easily help those who need it as these are common subjects. 
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: In-game warn as mentioned above on the DarkRP#1. I meant to hit a printer that was being stolen from me and a player body blocking it got shot instead, and I suffered the punishment and learned from it.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Enough time to meet sit quota. I work a fulltime job as a SaaS Administrator but I have plenty of time to dedicate to videogames, hobbies, and the things that I deem important. This is one of those important hobbies that happens to be a videogame, so I can consider myself as having the dedication required and/or expected.
But if you want a real number: I can dedicate a minimum of 20 in-game hours a week for  the forseeable future. The forseeable future is the rest of my life, but I'm not a clairvoyant. I do however not believe anything will come between my responsibilities and my life.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Like I said above, I'm a SaaS Administrator (Salesforce and other softwares specifically). I have a Computer Science Degree (A.A.), several Networking Certifications (CCNA 1+2) and have over 5 years in the technology industry. I've owned and operated Source servers for over a decade, mostly Team Fortress 2, and understand various sourcemod menus, as well as having had to custom-tweak a few with Perl. I am an amateur guitar player, I enjoy audio and music in general, and I have a deep interest for any fun game with a gun (Overwatch, Garrysmod, Team Fortress 2, CSGO, CSS, Valorant, DOOM classic and new, etc.) 

Did you read the staff rules?: ShankNinja

Edited by ShankNinja
formatting ;)
  • Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 3

+1, very solid paragraphs, seems like a very dedicated and mature player too. I always see him online, never really interacted with him, but he's always helping people in the /ooc or in-game and he's very chill. He seems to have experience as a staff and to know how logs and command works + his playtime is good. I believe he would fit right in the staff team. Good Luck!

• Like 1

+1, when i joined garnet i honestly thought he was a staff member until i checked his rank. He is very helpful in OOC answers all questions people have when he is online. Very genuine and has made me feel welcome at garnet. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

+1 

very nice detailed app. I always see u in game and u never raid me (thankfully).  Ur also og as hell and usually  very helpful to new guys  in ooc.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

☭Communist Marshal was here.  ☭

Edited by vVNoobVv