[MRP] Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan

Ziggy

8 minutes ago, Pencil said:

That is why we instill ideals and formality in leaders so that they put those qualities into their faction. The taliban as is IRL as well is in attempts to earn respect while following their religious ideals. Applying that into a roleplay scenario is way better than, I am a Russian superpower, looking to kill a United States superpower.

Just want to throw this out here. Niko has been doing this since he became COL, he demands nothing else than respect from GRU. Just an example of how having a good leader with good ideals can change the entire faction as well.

• Agree 2

+1

This would add refreshing content to that server which has a different aesthetic as opposed to the current Superpower vs Superpower as previously stated. 

A huge change to the server and would boost population in the school times we're in as of now

57 minutes ago, Horseyy said:

There are tons of ways to bring in new fresh & enjoyable gameplay for players rather than re-working the entire fucking system.

There are multiple things in this suggestion that are either false or just in general wouldn't work with how the playerbase has been formed since the CS_Desert days. I will now highlight said things.

This is the first piece of extremely misleading information. and this is imporant to acknowledge so we dont end up making the same mistake again. To my understanding I believe ALQ, Blackguard, and IJU were all removed in the end. And yet this did not improve the playerbase but it wiped players progress from every regiment making more players leave than join. The system you are proposing is quite literally what we have in place right now. The only difference is it isnt quite specified that SSO or GRU is more qualified than the other.

This actually works against you the more diversified each SOC regiment is the more newplayers look up to it and want to join. Having different ranks in each faction provides a cool incentive and name change than the boring consistent ranks you'd have to follow throughout your entire time on the server. Every rank is classified as E-1+ or O-1+. This is probably the least of our worries and not something that would be worth changing anything over.

This, is also incorrect whilst the "Suggestion" to add RU being made by shrimps who has had no involvement with the server for months may have been under the impression that this was the purpose for RU but it really wasnt. Taliban was dying regiments were being removed leaders were being kicked out everyone that joined the server wanted to be US. RU provided a more serious structure where minges wouldn't be the base factions most worried about issue whilst also providing the MRP category with an RU vs US take which is alot less common than Terrorist VS US. The fact that you can be a Russian and drink vodka attracted new players no one wants to be in a regiment getting ear-raped, MRDM'ed or singled out. When Taliban was in I saw and was even apart of a huge toxicity issue that wasnt healthy for the server. 

Summarized:

What you are suggesting is that we completely erase everything we have built up for the last couple of years to go back to an age of toxicity, MRDM'ing, and FailRP. There is absolutely not a doubt in my mind that Taliban will become a cesspool of negativity and toxicity because that is just what comes with a terrorist faction. Not to mention alot of shit on every map would have to be re-edited by garnet himself inorder to look less like a Russian FOB and more like a Taliban FOB. Honestly, stop trying to rework the entire fucking thing and focus on small things that gradually work towards a better server. If this suggestion were to be accepted we would end up in the same situation we were around 2-3 years ago having to cut down regiments and Re-work the entire system.

P.S

More than 85% of the veterans who were around when Taliban was still a thing are no longer here and have moved on from garrys mod. if they were still interested in GarnetGaming no matter if there was a bunch of taliban on the server or not they'd be showing atleast some yearly or monthly activity. but, their gone.

My guy, you were banned from the server during the majority of the changes were you not? Half of the shit you said literally makes no sense, and is such a weird arguement. Of course seeing this thread get a ton of community support made you think "hmm, let's just be a goof ball and disagree xd"

This is the first piece of extremely misleading information. and this is imporant to acknowledge so we dont end up making the same mistake again. To my understanding I believe ALQ, Blackguard, and IJU were all removed in the end. And yet this did not improve the playerbase but it wiped players progress from every regiment making more players leave than join. The system you are proposing is quite literally what we have in place right now. The only difference is it isnt quite specified that SSO or GRU is more qualified than the other.

This first arguement is extremely wrong. It's important we acknowledge this. ALQ, BG, and IJU were not removed. They were removed when the change happened, yes. IJU might of gotten taken out but that was because the 3 entry faction system was not as effective from what me, garnet, and phantom had thought it would be. The playerbase was skewed and it was difficult to fill such a diverse amount of factions. Players progress was not wiped (maybe yours cause you were banned), and more people actually did join too? Literally dozens of screenshots of the server bussin with the implementation of RU that it actually killed the US numbers for quite a bit. The RU introduction was amazing and needed at the time. And yes, it obviously is the same system of having base and SOC tiers that scale?

This actually works against you the more diversified each SOC regiment is the more newplayers look up to it and want to join. Having different ranks in each faction provides a cool incentive and name change than the boring consistent ranks you'd have to follow throughout your entire time on the server. Every rank is classified as E-1+ or O-1+. This is probably the least of our worries and not something that would be worth changing anything over.

You're right but you're wrong. Being diverse does not equate to being "quirky" so to speak. Having different ranks, codenames, and all that really nitty gritty bullshit does not make you cool or more interesting. If my rank is Stinky in one faction but Smelly in another, that's not really that interesting because it means the same thing anyways. Cool, it's titled differently. Why not just have the ranking system be the same that way you don't have to try and decipher what the ranks are? Ranks mean nothing anyways, keeping them as closely related and simple is what's attractive. Simplicity > being Complicated.

This, is also incorrect whilst the "Suggestion" to add RU being made by shrimps who has had no involvement with the server for months may have been under the impression that this was the purpose for RU but it really wasnt. Taliban was dying regiments were being removed leaders were being kicked out everyone that joined the server wanted to be US. RU provided a more serious structure where minges wouldn't be the base factions most worried about issue whilst also providing the MRP category with an RU vs US take which is alot less common than Terrorist VS US. The fact that you can be a Russian and drink vodka attracted new players no one wants to be in a regiment getting ear-raped, MRDM'ed or singled out. When Taliban was in I saw and was even apart of a huge toxicity issue that wasnt healthy for the server. 

The people who were incharge left and it's why Afghan crumbled because it was basically entirely lead by Shrimps and his goons. Once you took that out, that side was dying. The idea for RU was to provide a change and kind of give a clean slate to what happened to Afghan. Not only that but the server in general during that time period was in a very rough state. The playerbase was extremely low, and quite a lot of veterans and long time leaders including myself had decided to depart from the server because of things like the map changes, growing bored of the server, IRL shit and whatever. The hype was brought back because something new and big was coming, which definitely attracted a large majority of people back and kept new players playing because it was unique. But, it definitely could be said MRP could use a change in it's scenery and current environment. This suggestion fits well and would very easily bring a large amount of players back and hook a lot of people back into the server with fresh content. 

Summarized:

What you are suggesting is that we completely erase everything we have built up for the last couple of years to go back to an age of toxicity, MRDM'ing, and FailRP. There is absolutely not a doubt in my mind that Taliban will become a cesspool of negativity and toxicity because that is just what comes with a terrorist faction. Not to mention alot of shit on every map would have to be re-edited by garnet himself inorder to look less like a Russian FOB and more like a Taliban FOB. Honestly, stop trying to rework the entire fucking thing and focus on small things that gradually work towards a better server. If this suggestion were to be accepted we would end up in the same situation we were around 2-3 years ago having to cut down regiments and Re-work the entire system.

Again, it's a large assumption to think the server is just gonna end up a cesspool because it gets changed to Afghanistan. Stereotyping is a general thing, and that's not gonna be stopped no matter what. Even the remark you made; People think Russians are these tough vodka drinking chads! And people think Afghistan fighters are murders and terrorists. This isn't what will bread the toxicity, FRP, and MRDM. It's the leadership and players that can influence that enviroment. Just because the server goes from RU vs US to AFG vs US, does not instantly insue chaos, but for some reason you wanna believe all this random shit despite being one of the most toxic, mingiest and disrespectful people that bread along with the other outcasts on the server. Your experiences during that time do not speak for a lot of other players who experienced it, and it certainly doesn't validate much of your false, and flat out incorrect statements towards not supporting this suggestion considering you're going off assumptions on some of your reasoning.

P.S

More than 85% of the veterans who were around when Taliban was still a thing are no longer here and have moved on from garrys mod. if they were still interested in GarnetGaming no matter if there was a bunch of taliban on the server or not they'd be showing atleast some yearly or monthly activity. but, their gone.

It's insane that instead of actually looking into the suggestion itself, you literally just spewed a bunch of nonsense about old Afghan. None of the points or disagreement you've presented at all reflects on what the current suggestion has. Simply basing it off of your own experiences which again, were nicely summed up in the statement above this. With current light shining towards the Middle East in current real life, it's not terrible to reflect the server towards that. There is now a lot of information being given as said by Bishop towards the way some of their groups and military operates, giving a chance to actually provide more for the server instead of just being basic and going "haha terrorist boom". There is actual content to be had with this. I'd suggest reading the suggestion, and reading the replies you recieve cause I'd like to think I'm not the only one who can attest for what you said to be pretty untrue.

• Like 8
  • Toxic 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Honestly can’t see why not. It’s looks cool and factions will just transfer to the new names and shit. Also really like the models and for sure it will add way more RP since everything is new. +1

Edited by Party
6 hours ago, bishopil said:

Mufti

O-8

Imam

O-9

Khalif

O-10

Prophet

O-11

Allah

I love this idea but I do think it is better to change the rank names because of inaccuracy.

Those mentioned on the ranks are religious ranks not military and the last two are extremely offensive to newer players in the Muslim community (i personally don’t give a shit lmao). 

it’s like saying priests, pastors and Jesus himself fighting

that’s my take on it but other than that fat ass +1 

good job

Edited by Papiraqi
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 2
59 minutes ago, Papiraqi said:

Those mentioned on the ranks are religious ranks not military

We've changed them to fit a mix of  us army ranks (since there are not that many enlisted ranks IRL for them) and the actual afghan military ranks. Notably the WO and General ranks are abbreviations of their afghan military counterpart ranks now.

Also should be noted the general ranks we had before, i.e prophet, imam, etc were from years ago when Tali was first in use. Apologies for any inconvenience.

• Spicy 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Winner 1
12 hours ago, acer said:

+1

Honestly, anything that will refresh the current state of combat on the server I wouldn't mind. While combat would still somewhat be the same, it seems like a nice change. Obviously there's reasons that Garnet wouldn't want to do this, considering that it would probably take a while to implement. I think a map release along with this overhaul would make people want to play more to be honest. I'm rather confused about how current SOC transfers would happen though. I assume that GRU would become 055, SSO would become Red Group, and Vega would become 313, but I'm not sure how RU mains would take this. As a US main, not much would change for me, so some input from dedicated RU mains would be amazing.

Sums up my opinion on the matter, +1.

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, Pencil said:

We've changed them to fit a mix of  us army ranks (since there are not that many enlisted ranks IRL for them) and the actual afghan military ranks. Notably the WO and General ranks are abbreviations of their afghan military counterpart ranks now.

Also should be noted the general ranks we had before, i.e prophet, imam, etc were from years ago when Tali was first in use. Apologies for any inconvenience.

aye man no need to apologize we all know it’s a work in progress and as long as you guys work together, i’m sure y’all can make something happen 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

I wouldn’t mind this, even though I don’t play much anymore since school started. But perhaps this will fix everyone complaining about models, not sure how well those ones are made but surely they’re better than some… also add a donator with the suicide bomb. +1

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Bortnik_ said:

also add a donator with the suicide bomb. +1

This is already a whitelist for Red Group. As for the hitboxes, Pencil has seen each one and they work great. 

• Friendly 1
3 hours ago, Dillan said:

I had many good memories from these times back when I was a teenager. Truthfully, while I love this event for the nostalgia and the old times I experienced, I feel as though this will not change to much right now, especially for the work that would be required by our dev team.

I lead Tali twice, revived it back before we had the extra RP options from the Game master team. Back then, we were having similar number problems, and our think tank suggested to switch AFG into RUS. The belief was people didn’t want to play cavemen with rocket launchers, and would rather play an organized nation. Nowadays I’m not sure. It could bring back veterans, add a whole new level of RP in the form of more hostility, its more RP friendly in some ways. (Super powers don’t fight normally, its proxy wars.) On the other hand, lots of vets don’t play anymore because they grew up. I work non-stop with my career, some are in collage where they don’t have that time. Some people have families now. Most people don’t understand the type of RP these people are actually supposed to be, (evil, really evil).

I would honestly love it. I love explosive gameplay. I love my old memories of these factions. But I’m blinded by my younger years when I had time. I was in High school, Collage, Academy. I’m saddened by how I had to delete old docs because of how it could effect my future in government work. This is a wonderfully developed suggestion, with hours of effort, and more hours of thought.

For all these words Im going to place a +1. This could help, and at least deserves some acknowledgment on the care for the server, thinking it could assist things. It has been I think 4 years since we swapped to RU, which is a long period of time. Thank you Bishop, for the trip down memory lane.

I feel the same way as you do. The genuine environment we played in during the tali days was something I would love to experience again.

As for the suggestion, huge +1. Great writeup.