DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Does contender G2 count as pistol for hobos?

12 hours ago, BINLADINHOE said:

I would say anything that meets the legal definition of a pistol would be met as a pistol as the G2 meets all the legal definitions of a pistol I would say It should be counted

10 hours ago, WreckEMsaints said:

Let’s get technical for a second. It’s a handgun therefore yes by all means use the damn thing. 

2 hours ago, OpTic Gunner said:

its a hand gun, meaning its a pistol in my opinion.

I agree with all of you, and I'd love the Contender G2 to be classified as a pistol. This would be a major buff to all classes that can only use pistols, as the strongest pistols in the game currently cannot 1-shot a non-perked 100HP target in the head.

From the Wikipedia page: "The Thompson/Center Contender is a break-action single-shot pistol or rifle that was introduced in 1967 by Thompson/Center Arms."

So, yes, legally it's a pistol/rifle. However, my post was pointing out the differences between this gun and the strongest handguns in the game. Here's my findings:
1. This would be the only pistol in the game that uses Rifle Ammo, the rest use pistol or .357 ammo for the strongest handguns (Deagle, Colt Python, Raging Bull)
2. This is the only pistol that requires two hands to hold, making it the largest pistol/handgun in the game.
3. This would be the only pistol that can 1-shot kill a 100HP target.
4. This is the only pistol that's in the Sniper category. It comes from the m9k sniper pack, so it makes sense the game classifies it as a rifle.
unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

n7aUDkv.png

It only shoots one bullet before needing reloaded so I don't think from a balance perspective it would cause a large enough shift. Rather, I just wanted to point out how, objectively within the game, it shares not a single characteristic with any other handgun in the game.

Obviously we need an executive decision on this, but my opinion (separated from the facts above) is: What other purpose or reason would someone buy the G2 Contender other than having a 'pistol' that classes (banker, hobo, etc) can 1-shot kill with?

If this was a suggestion thread I'd put a +1 for Pistol classification.

Archived