Oldie's Staff Application

Oldie

In-game name: Oldie

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 17

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:159331348

Warns: 2 (RDM)

Timezone: EST

Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | 055 SSGT Oldie has played for 404:52:35.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None

Past experiences as staff: [Optional]

Moderator on TyphonNetworks 1942RP

Super Admin on a now defunct SCPRP server (I can't for the life of me remember what it was called it was a couple years ago)

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I plan on benefitting the server by doing whatever I can to better the community. Whether that is reactionary, in dealing with situations as they arise and fulfilling my role as a staff member to deal with conflicts or breaching of server rules, or by proactive actions such as ensuring everyone is treated fairly and with respect by all members of the community (players and staff alike). To me, the most important part of a server('s identity) is the sense of community. when you have people arguing and fighting over silly little things, it divides the community and creates toxicity. by promoting healthy, respectful discourse, we can create a better environment for everyone to enjoy playing on. 

Additionally, As a T.Mod, I would not only fulfill any expectations of me as a staff member, but I would actively try to shadow and assist higher staff to learn from their actions on how best to handle situations. However, that being said, With my past experiences as staff and My IRL leadership experience both in the workplace and in Cadets, I have learned how to handle conflict and a wide variety of situations in an unbiased, and effective manner. 

(I would like to start by saying I mean no disrespect to anyone) I would like to see and help implement some reform in staff. I am not aware of the guidelines or what is going on in staff meetings, but from my perspective, I think that it would be beneficial to "tighten up" staff actions and behaviour. I get that staff like to have fun on the server same as anyone, but when staff members are arguing with players in ooc or being a little toxic, It sets a bad precedent. As such, I would suggest changes to staff guidelines to increase the professionalism in certain situations. (I would be unable to say which specific changes without seeing the staff guidelines/handbook) 

I understand that the powers and role of a T.Mod are quite limited, but I would still express my opinions about any possible changes in a respectful and courteous manner. 

Also, I would present myself as an ally more than an "enforcer". Obviously, I would enforce any and all server rules as needed, but I would also act as a friendly face (voice?) that people can turn to no matter the issue, in order to further foster a sense of community, by showing players (especially newer players) that staff are there to ensure you have the best possible experience on the server, and not just to enforce rules.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details

I was warned twice for RDM recently after purchasing Goat and being unclear on the rules of goat.

Also, I remember being banned at one point around 2016-18, I'm not sure what for, and it wasn't a long ban, but I distinctly remember being very mad about it.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:

I made numerous staff applications from 2016-2018. I am 90% sure one was finally accepted as tmod, but as the forums don't go back that far (it was an entirely different forum if I'm not mistaken)  so I am not listing it in the past experiences as staff section

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I am on daily, for at least a couple hours every day. There will likely be times when I am a little less active (Finals for example) but will still be active within the community, and if accepted I would give higher ups ample warning of periods of less activity

Sidenote: 

I would like to say, I did not play on PC or any community based games/servers for a couple years, and upon my return to the server, I chose to associate with a player who was not the kind of person you want to be associated with (Which I did not know at the time). As such, I behaved poorly. However, I realized that this behaviour was unacceptable, and did my best to distance myself from that. I understand that some members of the community may have a negative opinion of me, but I can assure you I am taking the server more serious, and as staff, I would take that role even more serious, as I truely do care about this community (It is the sole reason I redownloaded gmod after 2+ years)

Thank you for taking the time to read my staff application, and I appreciate any feedback, positive or negative.

• Agree 7

+1 I personally think how he handles himself in server now is 100x better than when he was with witz in alpha.  He clearly understands what he did was stupid and has learned from it. haven't heard anything bad about him while he has been in 055.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
15 hours ago, Tejas said:

+1 I personally think how he handles himself in server now is 100x better than when he was with witz in alpha.  He clearly understands what he did was stupid and has learned from it. haven't heard anything bad about him while he has been in 055.  

Thank you my good sir! appreciate the feedback and support 🙂

13 hours ago, Zedd said:

+1

This is a really good app , I haven't seen anything from you in-gane that would be considered negative. 

I hope to see you apart of the staff team 

Thank you! I stand by every word I said there, and I hope I get the opportunity to prove it!

• Like 1

Sup brother thanks for applying!

I haven't had any issues with or involving you even though I don't get to see you much, I'd love to get to know you.
A lot of what you stated in your application is true.
Your paragraphs could go into more detail but the way you look at and perceive things is what needed when it comes to being a staff member.
Professionalism, communication and teamwork is key. Good luck with the application!

+1

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

+1    overall its a really good app i personally haven't had any issues with you and or heard anything negative about you along with the experience you have from staffing on other servers i feel you would be an excellent addition to the team hope to see you on the team soon 

• Like 1

+1 I'm still +1ing you because your staff app is amazing. You didn't skip any word at all. easily readable. But I would like to see more activity for you to let the whole server know you. I'm sure all of Tali know you. But as a US Main I only know you because you participated my sims once just recently. But still I would gladly hope you become a part of the team. Cause it wouldn't hurt to have more t-mods around. 

• Like 1

+1

Like Texas said, you were pretty mingy when hanging out with witz, but since then it's been nothing but good. Although I haven't spoken or talked to you all too much, you seem to be a very kind and would be a beneficial person to the staff team and server. 

• Like 1

+1
Hey man thanks for applying after reading your application for one your wording and paragraphs are some of the best ive seen on a application and from my interactions with you you seem like a good guy and you seem to have good intentions so i wish you the best on this.

• Like 2

+1

I've had plenty of interactions with you and from these you seem like an open minded person and would be a good fit for the staff team.

Your activity really shows how much you want to provide to the server and is deserving of a trial period.

Edited by zoahl
  • 300 IQ 1

Hey y’all I just want to thank everyone for the support i appreciate all of you! 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:56 PM, Rust said:

Sup brother thanks for applying!

I haven't had any issues with or involving you even though I don't get to see you much, I'd love to get to know you.
A lot of what you stated in your application is true.
Your paragraphs could go into more detail but the way you look at and perceive things is what needed when it comes to being a staff member.
Professionalism, communication and teamwork is key. Good luck with the application!

+1

I would add more if possible but I did a factory reset of my pc and got logged out of forums. As soon as steam integration is fixed I will update it. Thanks for the feedback! 

15 hours ago, zoahl said:

I've had plenty of interactions with you and practically and you'd genuinely be a good staff member.

Couldn't have worded it better than this.

+1

Edited by bishopil
  • Haha 1