DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

What do you want your legacy to be on Garnet?

Just thought of this question to ask all of you. When people in this community look back on you and remember who you were on Garnet Gaming, what do you want your legacy to be? Should you want people to remember you as the amazing leader on MRP? The funny guy of the community? The memorable staff member that everyone loved? Do you simply want to just be appreciated as a good person? Let us hear you--I want this thread to be as wholesome as possible.

Also I do not mind if you would like to tag some of your buddies to answer these same questions, like this:

@AwesomeAidan0221 I want people to remember you, like how I remember you, as a funny Canadian who led Green Beret. You always knew how to cheer me up and make me laugh when I felt a little bored, and you always knew how to make us have fun while I was in the faction. People should remember you as the awesome Green Beret leader who was always making sure everyone was in great spirits and full of happiness. Thanks for making 2020 suck a little less, and I hope you are doing well as I speak.

@Python I know I haven't talked to you in awhile, but I want people to remember you as like a brother. You always knew how to make people smile (certainly me) in TeamSpeak and on the server, and I know damn well you continue to be a legend on and off the server. Hit me up sometime.

• Like 7
  • Friendly 1

Quite honestly I wanted a lot of things!

First I wanted to be an Officer in 2GA, then I would resign.

Then I wanted to lead a SOC faction, then I would resign. (Never got the chance - was blacklisted from leading factions by the manager at the time).

Then I wanted to be an Executive! (Technically some have considered me the "Lead GM" on SWRP at the end, but it was pretty much the same 14 players online soooo, take that as you will.)

Finally I wanted to be recognized as "A Pillar of the Community" but my own stupidity and brain damage prevented that from happening (Again, I have been told I am a very prominent person who's opinion holds some weight in some senses, but I am unsure if that would classify me as a "Pillar of the Community").

Now I just want to be a friendly face that some older members can remember, and newer players can recognize - even if I don't play, and mostly just talk on the forums!

But it is funny you asked this, because I have thought about this question a whole lot over the years! Weirdly enough I only got to be an Officer in 2GA, but then ya know.. the rest is history. I guess now I just want to be remembered as a good person to the people of Garnet, and considering how I am still a part of the community in a sense, I guess that legacy will have to wait!

• Like 1

I’m doing pretty good Jared, Im in grade 12 right now working 25-30 hours a week as a line cook at a high end steakhouse just down my street. Im constantly all over the place trying to balance work, school, and play but somehow I don’t feel overwhelmed. I think it’s because I don’t look at my job as “work”, I actually enjoy it. Im glad you look back at my green beret with glowing eyes, I was always proud on what I was able to do with that faction. I strived for my faction to have a fun time while not ruining the fun for everyone else on the server, which not many people did. And even though we knew how to have fun, I had also created in-depth internal ranking systems for our members to continue to be their best self when it came to serious situations. Even just sitting in that green beret channel you were bound to have a good time, and I think Russia got a bit jealous of that. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly 1

First, I wanted to be Marshal, so I dedicated myself to that. I want to go down as a Marshal that improved the overall health and power of the base faction, even in adversity. I want to be known as a great and powerful leader that people can trust.

After getting into DF, I aimed to go for Col. then I was offered AAL Col.

I want to turn AAF from a small niche faction to a cornerstone of AFG and events. I want it to be healthy and have a suitable leader when I step down.

• Haha 1

I want to be remembered as someone who could help those when going through life’s bullshit at times. To be someone who never had a temper or wanted any ill feelings towards anyone. Somebody who could bring a group of complete strangers into one brotherhood, which is now known as FAP. Lover not a fighter. Maybe even someone who might’ve pushed the edge of what’s the norm but still had others agree it was for the better. Basically be the same me I’ve always been and not change for anyone. 

love my boys: @Adric and @ShankNinja. I need y’all to lower me when it’s my time to go so I can prepare our place in the next life. 

Edited by WreckEMsaints
  • Like 1