DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

AEK Fix

Zqrxzz

Description: Remove 1 or 2 of the completely unneeded AEK nerfs. Back on omega the AEK was a very solid weapon and there we're little to no complaints about the 
weapon whatsoever. Now a few months later people constantly are complaining of the inconsistency of the AEK during war the gun sometimes seems to be good but other times
the spread of the weapon is unbearable and seems as if it is doing no damage. 

Reasoning: It would bring back part of the combat that made the server fun for a lot of people and kept people around on the server because back when I joined the
server in February everyone loved combat and the stance with the AEK how it was and etc. with other weapons but now all I hear are constant complaints from others whether
it be staff or just normal players on the server that combat isn't fun anymore. I feel that combat not being as consistent as it used to be is part of the reason we lose
a lot of players from the server because they come wanting a fun combat experience and come to find out base faction weapons are extremely inconsistent and then the one 
weapon (AEK) that people use is just as inconsistent. There have been times I pelt people with 15-20 bullets from the AEK and they still don't die and it makes no sense 
that a weapon I and others have paid real money for should be completely useless to say the SIG Mini or the M4 Sopmod while both are good guns they are not things that 
an average 11B/AFG enlisted can get where as the AEK is purchasable through the in game credit shop and the Garnet Gaming Store which would give them a weapon on par with 
other weapons on the server and could give them more motivation to stay around because they don't just get destroyed by some veteran player who has a better weapon than them

I know this will have mixed reviews but I do believe it could genuinely benefit the server. :)

Edited by Mavv_
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 8
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

I understand why you'd want the AEK to be a lot better, and yes it got plenty of nerfing and those nerfs all received their fair share of both criticism and complaint.

I feel like it's worth pointing out that the AEK should not be on par with ARs on classes. Donator guns, in my own opinion, should be something players have as a backup to the class they are playing, not their primary weapon on every class.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Theos said:

I feel like it's worth pointing out that the AEK should not be on par with ARs on classes. Donator guns, in my own opinion, should be something players have as a backup to the class they are playing, not their primary weapon on every class.

I want to start off by saying I 100% disagree with this statement.  Every gun should be viable and unique in its own way. Having every AR be basically the same is boring. When you join a SOC or buy a donor you should get a weapon that is different. Not just a few minor changes. 

AEK is a good weapon when it works. The main complaint I see from the aek is its constancy. When the gun works its a good weapon. I'm not entirely sure how to fix the constancy of the weapon but it should be looked at before Buffs or nerfs are added to it.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Denied

Since this suggestion was implemented, Garnet has done a significant rework of damage multipliers on the server (See here). This rework was done to combat inconsistency in damage across all weapons on the server, which includes the AEK, and feedback since has been good regarding the AEK.

Whilst I know there are also complaints regarding its spread, there will always be advantages to some guns over other guns in specific areas.

@Proggy Please Lock & Move

Edited by Theos