welcome to my dark rp tedtalk

gizmo

so what exactly is the justification for having 130 playerslots? when near full the server runs like actual dogshit, like several literal seconds of lag (8 was the most i personally counted out) and the prop count gets pushed down to 30, so you're pretty much stuck in some shitshack, trying to get your props to line up while your game looks like it's being run on a pirated 2004 copy of hypercam. wouldnt it be a million times better to just have like 2 separate servers with say 70 ppl max so that bandwith isnt constantly getting shitted up by the hordes of people that literally leave their game on 24/7, just to +forward/right in spawn?

and just to put the cherry on the proverbial shit cake, i kid you not, no more than 10 minutes after writing that first chunk of text, the server crashed from too many entities, and then less than 30 seconds after the server restarted, medic started kicking people for being mad with the reason "go cry somewhere else". to preface all of this, i joined the server a couple years ago, played for a while, and disappeared and just recently started getting back into it. my god this server has gone downhill

5 hours ago, gizmo said:

so what exactly is the justification for having 130 playerslots?

Correction: there are 128 player slots. It's impossible to have more as it's an engine related limitation.

5 hours ago, gizmo said:

like several literal seconds of lag (8 was the most i personally counted out) and the prop count gets pushed down to 30, so you're pretty much stuck in some shitshack

It's interesting how you complain about the lag, but also complain about a feature that reduces the lag. Not to mention that if you ever get 8 seconds of lag on a 128/128 server, you just have a shitty connection.

6 hours ago, gizmo said:

while your game looks like it's being run on a pirated 2004 copy of hypercam

Gmod indeed came out in 2004. A great year, considering you were probably still a mere spermatozoon in your dad's balls at that time.

6 hours ago, gizmo said:

wouldnt it be a million times better to just have like 2 separate servers with say 70 ppl max

No it wouldn't. Notice how we don't get 128/128 most of the time, there are periods where there are less players, those would be even more boring since you would be playing with only half the population. That or one of the servers would just completely die. Besides, garnet would have to pay for that.

6 hours ago, gizmo said:

so that bandwith isnt constantly getting shitted up by the hordes of people that literally leave their game on 24/7, just to +forward/right in spawn?

These "hordes of people" are literally being more useful than you by increasing our server population counter, making our servers more attractive to new players.

6 hours ago, gizmo said:

my god this server has gone downhill

That's a very bold statement considering you're basing your opinion on a single unsatisfactory experience on our server.

Hey big homie, I got on the server tonight and saw that you're still playing and even turned into "one of the horde that does +forward/+right"

Glad you changed your mind about us champ. 👍

yeah well if ya cant beat em 😉

jokes aside, while i do honestly believe that these things are generally bad for the server, i'd be lying if i said that i didnt exxagerate the hell out of that for the sake of attention grabbing lol

Archived