DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

James R Tanner's GM application

James-R-Tanner

In-game name: James R Tanner

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):https://steamid.io/lookup/76561198198040415

Warns: none 

Timezone: EST

Playtime?:| 11A 1LT James R Tanner has played for 927:03:38.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] yes

Referral(s): [What gamemaster recommended you to apply?] Staciic, BenZ

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] 2 Gmod Servers, 12 Arma 3 Units (Zeus), 1 MC Server, 1 Space Engineer Server

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
I think I should be chosen due to my ability to create more enjoyable RP scenarios for people who usually don't get to experience RP based events, unlike my last GM app I've played and interacted with this "new MRP" and found my niche in the community and where my last app was more or less me relying on being a old player and having that experience my close to hundred hours since then really showed me how the servers evolved and what it needs from a GM/Officer, that being said my opinion of what GMs currently do for the server has diminished a bit as well at first I was very happy to have new life brought into the server with events and FFAs but after seeing the same events and FFA dupes again and again leaves me a bit bored on the server and I think that has shown a bit on my playtime and while being in the military I know my schedule is hectic at the best of times and my most active hours tend to be around 0130 in the morning hoping on when I do and just seeing the same FFA or same hold the OBJ from NPCs isn't exactly fun after I get back from a long day, so one of the main reasons I want to GM is to give more unique experiences especially to the late night crowd that has somewhat come to know me as a night shift officer and i can experiment some of my more out there RP ideas at night with a more forgiving crowd and then on weekends (when I generally have more time to play during peak hours)  I can bring the good events and scale them up to a larger player base with most of the kinks already knocked out so it will hopefully run a bit better, finally i think a good reason i should be accepted over other applicants is my overall knowledge of the server and epically US (sorry AFG) but knowing the player base your catering to is one of the most important thing a GM needs because it doesn't matter how good a idea or how polished an event if the player base doesn't like it the its a bad event and that's just the sad truth that's something that really took me a while to grasp but now that i have i think i could be a great GM here 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details MassRDM back in like 2018 when 1v1 sims were made illegal

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: on week days (excluding HBL 12/18-1/4) about 1-3 hours a day at about 1230-0300 est | on weekends 3-5 hours depending on a few factors  at normal times 

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: my responsibilities as a GM are to insure a steady flow of new and interesting events that engage players and reduce burnout on the server 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: the main way I would contribute to RP as a GM is to use my rank as a Army officer to make it a bit more "immersive" for player who are getting order to do new things for said event AKA getting ordered by someone they know, the other main way it assisting other GMs with their events and lending out my technical knowledge of the game 

Please list and explain 3 unique event ideas designed for only your faction to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] Note these are mainly focused for US Army, also i know I'm bad at names 

"Candy Raid" 
U.S. Intel has recently suggested that a Taliban drug deal is going down at the Factory, the 1st Infantry Brigade has been tasked with gathering additional intel and raiding the compound in order to stop the deal from going down, (GM action, spawn "Drug looking stuff" at factory and hire willing players and NPCs to guard it, next have army split into multiple small elements lead by officers or higher ranking enlisted, have them do recon around factory seeing multiple armed guards around the area after a good amount of recon has been completed have the different elements converge and take the compound after the area has been cleared have them bring in some explosive looking props you spawned in earlier and set them near the "Drugs" next have them clear out and set off multiple explosives in and around the area, call all elements back to US DB) end event  

"Ghost Hunt"
Recent reports show that a highly skilled afghan sniper has set up in the nearby area and is picking off soldiers command has classed the sniper as a priority target and has tasked the 1st Infantry Brigade to find and eliminate the sniper by any means,  (GM Action, find a skilled sniper willing to play the part or play it yourself then set up some dead bodys in a area he could easily see next send off army to find the sniper in fire teams of 3 lead by a NCO once one of the teams finds the bodys/sniper they are to call in and prep for phase 2, phase 2 involves pushing up and neutralizing the sniper as a organized element after taking out the sniper the element finds intel of a weapons stash they then move over to said stash kill the NPCs guarding it and then capture/ destroy it after it has been taken call them back to US DB) end event

"check point" 
due to the recent increase of insurgent's using car bomb tactics command is found it necessary to set up a vehicle check point in order to insure no insurgent forces can make it into the city, (GM Action, setup a checkpoint for army to man the yourself and some volunteers take turns going through the check point with different and fun scenarios after a bit the event comes to a end with a raid from the insurgent forces after repelling the attack the check point is to be abandoned and army is to be called back to US DB ) end event

Please list and explain 1 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

"Zombies!!!" 
With recent unknown infected in the area the US High command is authorized a temporary cease fire with Afghani forces in order to destroy a common enemy (GM Action requires multiple, GMs are tasked with creating a near post apocalyptic land scape around the main city area complete with a good amount of zombies and the US and AFG forces are to move in a clear out the city and defend from countless waves of undead, GMs can change their player modals and act as mini bosses after defeating the waves of undead and "stopping the infected" in the city they are tasked with moving to a lab at ATTC and destroying a final huge wave of zombies after they are to destroy the lab stopping the virus forever, call both sides to a common debriefing area) end event 

• Agree 5

+1 - I have known this man for a long time, so I do have some bias with this. I believe he is great candidate for being a member on the GM team because he is quite active in the server and on teamspeak, has a great application, has been providing activities for his faction, has been a previous staff member and great with docs. Hope to see him on the GM team.