DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Server Restart Notification

Entity

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]
I believe there should be either a chat notification or some sort of on-screen UI that pops up notifying players when a server restart is imminent. Of course, most active players know the server restart times, but those clumsy (like me) and newer players might buy or put coolers on printers and forget to collect when the server restarts. 
	Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]
Would be nice to know about 5-10 minutes before the server restarts so players can collect from their printers and not lose a lot of money being clueless about the oncoming restart.
	Additional Information: (None)
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
8 hours ago, Entity said:

Would be nice to know about 5-10 minutes before the server restarts so players can collect from their printers and not lose a lot of money being clueless about the oncoming restart.

@Nutter do you think it's possible we could have an automated chat message? That might be a easy fix (although I don't really know if that's easy let alone possible, since I don't know the technicality of it, so sorry if I'm being dumb here)

This is one of those classic garnet topics, like printer collection timer, or no collide props, maybe even alts. Those topics that no matter how much it gets brought up and discussed it will always be back around again. I personally don't think it's needed. Here's why: Most the of time there are players on the server that announce it themselves for 1, and for 2, at 5 am est you mostly only have players on that already know the restart time. You could assume that anyone who would  like to see this added are the ones announcing the restart so we can definitely just leave it to them. I also don't like too many auto messages on a gmod server, we already have a ton, and I get this one is literally once every 48 hours but I'm still not a fan of it. If you read this far I'm only making my -1 so big for the TLDR guys

6 hours ago, Nutter said:

5am whenever the date is an uneven day, Ie: 3rd/5th/17th/25th. Not sure how you lose track personally lol

To be honest, I had no idea it restarted on uneven days. Still would be nice for a quality of life change especially for the new players.