DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Add Military Police.

Wyatt

I do think there should be military police. it would  help out so much with dealing with minges and I would love to be a part of the MP. But i do think they should be allowed to go to war so that the Tali SNCO+ and soc get to have a variety in what weapons they can use.

+1

Edited by AnthonyThwompus

+1 - Due to the recent changes to have more "passive roleplay", AOS in bunks and such, MP would be a great addition due allowing more than just officers the power to arrest people if they are in bunks or whatever. Currently, like Wyatt stated, there are only two 2nd life factions, AFSOC and AAF, (disregarding premium faction due to them only being available every once in a while) this would bring another 2nd life faction for people to join, as AAF/AFSOC are acting almost as t1 factions, at least in the current moment of the server. Obviously, that may not be the strongest point for it, but at the very least would help with the passive roleplay Theos intends to keep on the server.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Theos said:

If the AOS in bunks was changed back to KOS, would people still want MP, or is MP simply a response to that?

Personally, Myself and many in Afghan would still support adding MP.

12 hours ago, Theos said:

If the AOS in bunks was changed back to KOS, would people still want MP, or is MP simply a response to that?

MP was brought up as a response as a compromise for AOS in bunks. I see this as a win for both the RP and Click on Heads side.

Pros:

• Adds content and new tools.
  • Resolve a server/player issue using Player Intervention rather than Staff Intervention.
  • Gives new player potential for showing leadership qualities while still being on a tight leash.
  • Compromises a pain point for both the RP and Combat player base.

Cons:

• Potential abuse, can be mitigated with harsh punishments for intentional abuse, e.g. a Week Ban and faction whitelist removal (start over at Trainee).
  • Adds Content (Opportunity Cost).
  • Still more time consuming than clicking on a minge's head with my Orsis / having to lock/unlock doors if someone is late/needs to leave because they fail tryouts for instance.

Edited by PraetorDon
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 2
  • Agree 3

This is my previous post on Military Police(which was accepted), and I'm sure there have been others then this one. I think that MP can be good if it is ran well and kept maintained by smart players. 

This post and mine both use existing models, in order to reduce the need to add more unnecessary add-ons to the server. 

+1

• Winner 1

Pros 

Makes AOS enforceable : At the current state the AOS is unenforceable to SOC enlisted. For example I have my DF Run training with army to help improve players skill and help them get into SOC. When a minge shows up they have no power to stop them. They don't have access to cuffs so adding MP would solve this issue

Adds more RP to the server

Cons

Biggest Con is the Opportunity cost. There are other suggestions that should be implanted first before MP. Fetns and Bishop suggestion for weapon and class additions and balancing along with map changes should be top priority as these would have the biggest impact on the server. 

I just want to point out this con because this can ruin MP. People will join to have power and will go on power trips. They will arrest players for any reason they can just so they can feel like a big man. If you play on other servers with any kind of Police they always seem to be on power trips. 

Military police addition isn't needed if the AOS rule was reverted back to KOS. Military police would also take time away from other suggestions that would have a bigger impact on the server and with the added benefit of attracting power hungry players who will ruin the experience for everyone else, MP is better left off as a memory.

Edited by jas0n
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 2
4 hours ago, jas0n said:

Cons

Biggest Con is the Opportunity cost. There are other suggestions that should be implanted first before MP. Fetns and Bishop suggestion for weapon and class additions and balancing along with map changes should be top priority as these would have the biggest impact on the server. 

I just want to point out this con because this can ruin MP. People will join to have power and will go on power trips. They will arrest players for any reason they can just so they can feel like a big man. If you play on other servers with any kind of Police they always seem to be on power trips. 

Firstly, obviously the much more important suggestions should come first. I never imagined that this suggestion. even if accepted, would be top priority but that in due time garnet would hopefully implement this change.

For your second point, I believe that the problem of abuse and power-hungry players can easily be negated by having strict rules and if an MP is caught abusing their power all that would need to be done is to report the individual to staff or higher ups in MP.  

• Agree 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

To save everyone repeating the same points:

If implemented, any abuse of MP powers would obviously be treated harshly.

If accepted, there would still be a lot of work before it could be implemented so it's not going to take priority over other 'big' suggestions already accepted and worked on.

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

My Previous Experience with our old MP/ANP
As much as I'd love to have more ways to interact with RP on the server. If we were to re-add a MP Faction (If this is correct dont know if its an extension of 11B or a different regiment) we would be going down the same path we did many years ago. Previously, we had top tier leaders running ANP (Afghan National Police) and USMP (US Military Police) I recall one of the leaders of ANP being Upland who even made an entire forum post on leadership and it was greatly approved and read amongst the community. Despite this after his resignation ANP/MP was shortly removed due to the pure amount of powerhungry, toxic, and overall useless people in the regiment.

Whilst, I am not completely against the idea of adding in some sort of job/class dedicated to enforcing these rules as an addition onto base factions seeing as it would give an even greater incentive to stay in said base faction, I believe adding a separate regiment entirely will not only allow those SOC Members and 11B SNCO's gateways into Toxicity and a Powerhungry environment which is what it led to previously but It may turn into an entire bias situation if it acted as a second life. Certain factions/regiments could have majority players in MP and use it for their own will. Whilst, this sounds farfetched it is a possibility and has happened in the past. Putting the regiment into 1 class that is restricted to the base faction not only decreases the chances of something like this happening but it acts as damage control incase it gets out of hand.

TL:DR
Its too risky to add in a different regiment dedicated to MP and theres too many negative outcomes that its led to in the past despite the strict rules placed on them. Adding MP to a base faction is a great way to decrease the chances of this happening and even if it does happening we could get to the root of the issue alot quicker.

• Disagree 3

ok so to my knowledge I was one of if not the last Real MP leader (via Army/MP merge in 2017) aka player ran MP not staff ran MP, and it's kinda a hard topic for me cause on one hand I had a lot of fun and enjoyed my time with MP when people were following the rules and not being cunts, however with that keeping a faction like MP in check is much like keeping a dog away from a treat if your there to enforce the rules it can work great but when you or someone who enforces the rules isn't around all of a sudden they are gonna do what ever they want much like you probably see with your faction already, so while I can agree this has the possibility to work, I doubt i would the way you think it would, 

Note* if this does get accepted I can give you some of the old US MP docs to help you get off the ground just HMU 

@Flak could you give me some details on why you disagree reacted? Maybe I can make some reasonable changes to my addition.

Also to add to my suggestion, you'd be trying out for MP separately. You wouldn't be getting into AFSOC/AAF if you passed MP tryouts