DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Your Annual FIREARM CHANGES MEGATHREAD

Nutter

• The Garnut

Following the thread created by @Soap-, found at: 

logo.png

It seems based on the (albeit limited) number of reactions, that the playerbase is not all that contempt with the way guns on the server are currently set-up, I personally also have a strong dislike for the use of 'spread' outside the category of SMGs, as I think weapons should be primarily based off of skill, albeit, some spread should still be present for a small RNG factor to disallow "veteran players" from severely outclassing new members.

Please take your time to review changes you'd like to each category by following this incredibly simple format, and I will take into consideration all the changes posted at the next MilitaryRP update!

Pistol:

Sub-Machine Gun:

Assault Rifle:

Battle Rifle:

Designated Marksman Rifle:

Sniper Rifle:

Light Machine Gun:

Explosives:

Meelee/General: 

Example of form correctly used for partial suggestion:

Pistol: Increase damage output from an average of 20-25 to 32,37. Lower distance accuracy, and increase recoil severely as to promote the use of pistols in a realistic manner in short-range engagements.

Assault Rifle: Reduce RNG 'Spread' by roughly 10% and increase recoil by 15% as a tradeoff, thus making the weapon more dependent on skill versus on random spread patterns.

• Like 2

Guess i'll get the ball rolling,

Pistol: tbh its fine the way it is,

Sub-Machine Gun: increase rate of fire >900 in most cases lower dmg to <25 making it a 4 body shot in most cases, lower spread and lower recoil and increase dmg drop-off aka pea shooter at range but the best option cqc 

Assault Rifle: lower spread and increase recoil and a small bump to rate of fire 

Battle Rifle: decrease spread but increase recoil and lower rate of fire, only good if your hitting your shots not for spray and pray 

Designated Marksman Rifle: keep dmg the same 70 dmg ~ 80 dmg but lower recoil and spread to about half a second between accurate shots  

Sniper Rifle: .50 cals and the 313 sniper should be the only one shot ~125 , mosin, orisis, L115 ect should be ~95 to lower the overall amount of insta kills happening 

Light Machine Gun: increase dmg to ~40-50 and fire rate to ~ 600-800 rpm but have high recoil and spread so people have to mount the gun for it to be effective  

Explosives: lower the overall spread of explosives across the board, i shouldnt kill someone with a rocket thats on the other side of the room and i souldnt be killed by a suacode bomb form the other side of base,

Meelee/General: buff machete to 150 dmg, rest is fine 

TLDR

Pistol: fine

Sub-Machine Gun: Gods at CQC but crap at range 

Assault Rifle: good close/mid range 

Battle Rifle: good mid/long range

Designated Marksman Rifle: 1-3 shot but needs to be skilled shooter 

Sniper Rifle: T1 and 50. cals are one shot, everything else is a 2 shot 

Light Machine Gun: great if mounted in a defensive position but shit unmounted 

Explosives: lower spread across the board 

Meelee/General: buff machete to 150, everything else is fine 

I don't really expect this to be the final solution the community comes up with but i hope this can get the ball rolling in the right direction  

Edited by James-R-Tanner
  • Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Disagree 2
6 hours ago, James-R-Tanner said:

Guess i'll get the ball rolling,

Pistol: tbh its fine the way it is,

Sub-Machine Gun: increase rate of fire >900 in most cases lower dmg to <25 making it a 4 body shot in most cases, lower spread and lower recoil and increase dmg drop-off aka pea shooter at range but the best option cqc 

Assault Rifle: lower spread and increase recoil and a small bump to rate of fire 

Battle Rifle: decrease spread but increase recoil and lower rate of fire, only good if your hitting your shots not for spray and pray 

Designated Marksman Rifle: keep dmg the same 70 dmg ~ 80 dmg but lower recoil and spread to about half a second between accurate shots  

Sniper Rifle: .50 cals and the 313 sniper should be the only one shot ~125 , mosin, orisis, L115 ect should be ~95 to lower the overall amount of insta kills happening 

Light Machine Gun: increase dmg to ~40-50 and fire rate to ~ 600-800 rpm but have high recoil and spread so people have to mount the gun for it to be effective  

Explosives: lower the overall spread of explosives across the board, i shouldnt kill someone with a rocket thats on the other side of the room and i souldnt be killed by a suacode bomb form the other side of base,

Meelee/General: buff machete to 150 dmg, rest is fine 

TLDR

Pistol: fine

Sub-Machine Gun: Gods at CQC but crap at range 

Assault Rifle: good close/mid range 

Battle Rifle: good mid/long range

Designated Marksman Rifle: 1-3 shot but needs to be skilled shooter 

Sniper Rifle: T1 and 50. cals are one shot, everything else is a 2 shot 

Light Machine Gun: great if mounted in a defensive position but shit unmounted 

Explosives: lower spread across the board 

Meelee/General: buff machete to 150, everything else is fine 

I don't really expect this to be the final solution the community comes up with but i hope this can get the ball rolling in the right direction  

I would agree with these changes but not with the sniper suggestion. Why would you only make the T1 & .50 cal sniper a oneshot kill? Take Rangers for example. A faction that is literally based around sniping and reconnaissance. You would take away the ability to actually do their jobs by making their sniper kind of garbage to use. I think everything else is worth it, but while also taking the 'roleplay' factor in mind and not only the PvP factor, I do not think that making just the T1 a reliable sniper is a good idea. I'd say either give Rangers a reliable sniper like the US T1 or do not touch the L115 or whatever sniper Rangers will be getting at all - it doesn't make a heavy difference in any combat scenario anyways.

Edited by Westt
  • Agree 3
11 minutes ago, Westt said:

I would agree with these changes but not with the sniper suggestion. Why would you only make the T1 & .50 cal sniper a oneshot kill? Take Rangers for example. A faction that is literally based around sniping and reconnaissance. You would take away the ability to actually do their jobs by making their sniper kind of garbage to use. I think everything else is worth it, but while also taking the 'roleplay' factor in mind and not only the PvP factor, I do not think that making just the T1 a reliable sniper is a good idea. I'd say either give Rangers a reliable sniper like the US T1 or do not touch the L115 or whatever sniper Rangers will be getting at all - it doesn't make a heavy difference in any combat scenario anyways.

so before i ether rebut or change my response can you tell me how many rangers can potently have the L115 at one time? since i don't personally know a whole lot about ranger classes 

• StarWarsRP Management Team
7 hours ago, James-R-Tanner said:

Not counting the damage drop-off situation, this would make SMGs the meta no question

ARs seem to have the lowest spread on the server (Max 10% for most, only the AEK has more at 40%), if you lower spread on ARs their spread will not change after the first shot

Most LMGs do need to be mounted, M60 seems to be usable without mounting. DMG isn't an issue with LMGs which are, mostly, on par with ARs in this regard with firerate taken into account.

Snipers are fine, the actual snipers, a sniper that does less than 100 damage becomes a DMR.

Stats can be found here (couple still missing stats): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pziDcxpUjJijqULcfL2CcyvxhMrXb8224fnN8yWsjnA/edit?usp=sharing

Also, personally I'll be going over everything and looking myself for possible changes to stats, I'm just replying now because of concerns with that suggestion and the reality in stats.

• Agree 1

again more or less to get the ball rolling however some rebuttals are, 

6 minutes ago, Theos said:

Not counting the damage drop-off situation, this would make SMGs the meta no question

that's the reason for the steep dmg drop-off IE. a pea shooter at range but the best option close range but i can understand the concern if done wrong,

7 minutes ago, Theos said:

Most LMGs do need to be mounted, M60 seems to be usable without mounting. DMG isn't an issue with LMGs which are, mostly, on par with ARs in this regard with firerate taken into account.

i guess my ideal for a LMG would be the best option for defending a OBJ IE. mounting up and being good at holding and area, as far as DMG goes 2-3 shot is reasonable for something that requires you to be stationary 

12 minutes ago, Theos said:

Snipers are fine, the actual snipers, a sniper that does less than 100 damage becomes a DMR.

so one of if the the biggest complaints I hear from new players is how the leave base and get one shot, with my current suggestion only 3 guns would have the ability to one shot and long term I would like to see more DMR action / 2 shot kills action long range to give people a chance to get the the OBJ not just be camped from their safe zones, 

TLDR lowering peoples ability to sit far away from the OBJ and get one shot kills on 11B/Tali and making them ether a) hit a follow up shot or b) Play the obj 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1

Any stats I refer to in this response are based on attachments applied, as very few players run a base gun.

Pistol: No changes, not used

Sub-Machine Gun: Reduce SMGs Hip Spread, reduce following by 10%: G36C, Veresk, UMP45, FMG-9. Reduce following Hip Spread by 12%; MP5A5, PP-19 Bizon, MP 40, HK MP5, MP5A4, MAC-11. Will need testing but should make running and gunning inside Obj with SMGs very effective.

Assault Rifle: ARs recoil reduced by 10% (except for; AK74, AK74 mod, AEK, AK103, MSBS). Also depending on SMG change to Hip Spread, AR Hip Spread could be nerfed (value increased) by 5-10%. Also on the AEK, it could afford a Max. Spread buff (value lowered) by about 10%.

Battle Rifle: Reduce recoil by 5%

Designated Marksman Rifle: They work as intended, unlikely to ever be commonly used without being OP

Sniper Rifle: Snipers work fine, concerns over Snipers regard the use of them, not stats of Snipers

Light Machine Gun: Nothing obvious needs changing. They can be used as a suppression tool, but suppressing a sniper at long range is always a losing battle for a LMG.

Explosives: Boom still boom well

Melee/General: Nothing needed in terms of balancing

Note: Other suggestions will bring new guns into the pool, ones I can't check the stats on so would need ensuring they match up

Please for the love of god test these 😞 

Edited by Theos
  • Agree 3
4 hours ago, James-R-Tanner said:

so before i ether rebut or change my response can you tell me how many rangers can potently have the L115 at one time? since i don't personally know a whole lot about ranger classes 

Ghost class has 3 spots and since the Commander class has it now as well, that's another 3. So 6 people in total at a time. People barely play on Ghost though, most of the Rangers play on either Commander (if officer) or Combat Medic (if titan). The rest plays Rifleman or Field Medic.

47 minutes ago, Theos said:

Sub-Machine Gun: Reduce SMGs Hip Spread, reduce following by 10%: G36C, Veresk, UMP45, FMG-9. Reduce following Hip Spread by 12%; MP5A5, PP-19 Bizon, MP 40, HK MP5, MP5A4, MAC-11. Will need testing but should make running and gunning inside Obj with SMGs very effective.

I think the max spread needs a buff also but just like you said it needs testing.

5 minutes ago, AnthonyThwompus said:

I think the max spread needs a buff also but just like you said it needs testing.

If max spread gets reduced then the SMG can be used more effectively at longer range. The problem with SMGs is they can be outclassed in CQC by ARs, which is what my stat change would try and solve

Pistol: Faster Draw speed. Pistols are underused and are meant to be a secondary weapon. If the pistol could be drawn quicker then all other weapons this would provide pistols a niche. 

Sub-Machine Gun: Right now there isn't much of a reason to use a smg over an ar Close range. Sub-Machine guns across the board need Lower aim spread and faster reloading

Assault Rifle: No ar should have the ability to one shot headshot. Aek and MSBS for example have the chance to one shot headshot. It's not consistent so I believe it's a bug but it should be looked into and fixed if need be. Aek should also have increase recoil 

Battle Rifle: I'm personally not too experienced with Battle rifles as I have only used the Scar H. But From what I seen they need Lower Recoil and less aim spread. 

Designated Marksman Rifle: Should have the ability to one shot headshot all classes. Right now the Marksman rifles are outclassed by snipers and Assault Rifles. Adding this ability will provide a marksman rifle a role in combat. Players who can hit consistent headshots will find variety in weapon use. As they wont need to pull out their aeks or orsis for mid to long range combat. 

Sniper Rifle: Donors snipers (orsis|mosin) shouldn't be able to one shot body shot. This makes players one man armys. People who own both Aek and orsis tend to main support/medic. As they can heal, snipe and cqc all in one.
All snipers should also have the ability to one shot headshot all classes. This way orsis and mosin won't become completely useless as they could still one tap and will provide a counter to RPGs and Juggs.  

Explosives: Nerf sucide bomber as the raidus is huge for such a small map and is bugged where it will go through some cover and walls. AA second floor for example. Nerf Grenades explosive radius by 10%

Meelee/General: 

Nerf Nailgunner to 100HP

Nerf RPG to 100HP

But this is just a general idea of weapon balance. Every weapon should be unique in its own way. Faction Leaders should discuss with their members and brainstorm changes they would like to see as they use the weapons everyday. DF Weapon changes were already accepted a while ago when Jackal made the suggestion and put on the trello so i wont bother repeating them. 

• Disagree 1
1 minute ago, jas0n said:

Aek and MSBS for example have the chance to one shot headshot

No they do not.

2 minutes ago, jas0n said:

Designated Marksman Rifle: Should have the ability to one shot headshot all classes.

Only ones they can't are health boosted, Snipers cant even one-shot headshot Juggernauts.

1 minute ago, Theos said:

Only ones they can't are health boosted, Snipers cant even one-shot headshot Juggernauts.

I think you misunderstood ,the ability should be added to both DMR and Snipers as a counter To Juggernauts/bulldozer 

3 minutes ago, Theos said:
6 minutes ago, jas0n said:

Aek and MSBS for example have the chance to one shot headshot

No they do not.

They can and do sometimes. That's why I added I thinks its a bug. Bishop one tapped me with his AEK a while back and pulled damage logs. It does, wished I saved the log