DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

ShinyAtlas's Staff Application

ShinyAtlas

In-game name:  ShinyAtlas
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 15
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:1:167980986
Warns: 2
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | 11B WO1 ShinyAtlas has played for 250:58:15.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes
Referral(s): 
Past experiences as staff:  I've been a discord Mod on a server with 200 people.
How do you plan on benefiting our server?  

I'm applying for staff partially to fill in the absence of staff in the early mornings. I believe some Staff should be on at all times to fix issues and make sure the server is running fine, and doesn't explode in the night or morning. I have seen many people complain about how staff aren't on in the early mornings, and usually GMs take the sit if there are any. Since I’m usually on at 7:00 AM EST, I can help take the sits instead of GMs taking them, which isn't part of their job. Also, the 11B/Staff relationship should be better. In my time as a 1LT in GB, I got to know a lot of the GMs and Staff members through interacting with them. When I was in 11B starting out, I was thinking how scary staff was. Through those interactions, I learnt that staff isn't so scary. I think that for 11B, seeing a staff member can be quite scary. Having staff be more friendly with 11B would be good, and I think I could do that well. 

I know I'm somewhat new to this server since I started in early December. I joined as a minge and slowly turned into a competent officer, and I've seen the server from both the minges prospective and the officers prospective. Also, as some 11A might know, I will not hesitate to go the extra mile and I am more than willing to help out with the small stuff that nobody wants to do. That would include doing tp's and the other tedious things that come with being staff. I know that part of the job as staff is to grow and get better, and I hope I am able to improve if I become staff. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: Both of my FailRP warn are for self damage.  In the first one, I panicked when flanking trying to get to obj, a tail swarm was around the corner and I just shot my rocket. I didn't clip my POV because Medal wasn't running. In the second warn, I shot a rocket point blank at a tali in factory. I have no proper defense for this warn, seeing as my rocket killed me at max health. Both warns are definitely deserved.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: First time ever
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: On weekdays I can be on for 3 hours usually. I'm active in the mornings and can be on for most of the day on the weekends.

Edited by ShinyAtlas
I got a second warn for FailRP and had to change the warns
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

+ Loved the paragraph, wasn't copy paste and had originality and I also like the reasoning.
+ You were a great officer in my USASF, I loved having you and was sad to see you leave
+ Left GB to be an Officer in 11B and help them
+ Decent playtime
+ Great person and fun to talk to/work with

= Not much experience, only experience was being a Discord mod so idk if you'll be grabbing any kittens in the server or not.. lmao
= You put FailRp in quotation marks when explaining it, the rest showed that you took responsibility for your warn but the quotation marks kinda rub me the wrong way in the sense that it feels as if you're blowing off the warn regardless of it being false or not and possibly NOT taking responsibility for it. If this is the case, please change this form of attitude.

I can't find any -'s the only issues I had are shown as Neutrals since they couldn't be entirely counted as a -

Overall I'm going to give you a +1
Good luck Shiny!

• Agree 1
10 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

+ Loved the paragraph, wasn't copy paste and had originality and I also like the reasoning.
+ You were a great officer in my USASF, I loved having you and was sad to see you leave
+ Left GB to be an Officer in 11B and help them
+ Decent playtime
+ Great person and fun to talk to/work with

= Not much experience, only experience was being a Discord mod so idk if you'll be grabbing any kittens in the server or not.. lmao
= You put FailRp in quotation marks when explaining it, the rest showed that you took responsibility for your warn but the quotation marks kinda rub me the wrong way in the sense that it feels as if you're blowing off the warn regardless of it being false or not and possibly NOT taking responsibility for it. If this is the case, please change this form of attitude.

I can't find any -'s the only issues I had are shown as Neutrals since they couldn't be entirely counted as a -

Overall I'm going to give you a +1
Good luck Shiny!

About the quotation marks. I really didnt know the rule at the time because It was made the day before. I thought the man who warned me had made a mistake. Sorry for not clarifying in the actual post and it having rubbed you the wrong way.

Edited by ShinyAtlas
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Couldn't give a fatter +1

- Preformed great in USASF officer positions

-Willingly went from a Commissioned Officer in USASF to WO in army.  Shows Shiny's character and his work ethic

-Passionate and Dedicated to the task at hand whether that be leading or down to recruitments Shiny does it all and is happy to do so

-Great Community rep and would help promote staff as true assistants of the community.

Good luck! I hope to be seeing you soon.

• Like 1