DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Name of ranks change for Taliban officers

Chawhead

• DarkRP Administration Team
Description: I am suggesting that instead of having normal boring ranks for the Taliban officers we go back to how they where way back in 2017 and 2020. 

Reasoning: most people that join the gg milrp server are looking for a fun community to stay on and role play on but with the plan officer ranks
         I just don't see it that way. when I hop on AFG Recruiter and train recruits most of them are confused when they see the AFG using basic U.S. officer 
         ranks and not ranks resembling role playing ranks but as the ranks they us in real life, they are confusing and dont make sense one bit.
         the ones I have provided are based on religious islamic/aribic terms which make for a better rp scenario or just rp in general.
         if you ask me and other players that were around when the ranks were different names we would agree that it makes rp 
         more fun when their rank sounds like a rank the AFG would be useing in real life. in summery I believe it would help with rp scenarios 
         and it just all and all would make more sense.  

Additional Information: ranks that would replace ranks now : CPT(Emir 055 rank)  MAJ(High Emir) LTCOL(Prince) COL(Sultan co lead of 055)
       BrigGen(Goat Herder) MajGen(Imam) LtGen(Caliph) Gen(Prophet leader of 055) Allah(leader of taliban)

ranks in place now :  CPT, MAJ, LtCOL, COL, BJEN, TJEN, DJEN, SJEN, Marshal, 

Edited by Chawhead
  • Like 3
  • Disagree 4
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Currently the General ranks are already (relatively) authentic to the Afghan army, it's only the other ranks that are potentially not.

Your suggestion is a little confusing because you ask for ranks to go back to old Afghan ranks (many of which do not resemble Taliban military) but put in your reasoning people would rather see ranks that make sense in RP. Which structure are you asking for, realism or meme?

Edited by Theos
  • Spicy 1
30 minutes ago, Theos said:

Currently the General ranks are already (relatively) authentic to the Afghan army, it's only the other ranks that are potentially not.

Your suggestion is a little confusing because you ask for ranks to go back to old Afghan ranks (many of which do not resemble Taliban military) but put in your reasoning people would rather see ranks that make sense in RP. Which structure are you asking for, realism or meme?

So, originally the Taliban terrorist organization didn’t really have a rank structure based off a government backed military. These ranks are religiously based and as they aren’t completely in coherence with the Afghanistan Army they are semi related to the Taliban Army purely based off of their religion which is Islam.

• 300 IQ 2

Yes, let's embody the literal God of the Islam. Let's name a BrigGen after some farmer with goats? I am not sure whether this is like an actual suggestion lol. Like Theos already said, you're proposing some meme ranksystem or some kind while saying people want to be a part of the actual Taliban army structure? If anything, it would make sense to use a system that has Arabic (or whatever language they use) ranks as they do in real life.

Goat Herder as BrigGen? Allah as leader of the Taliban? I mean, they believe in a God, yes, but letting a person roleplay as Allah? Bad idea if you ask me. You're only suggesting political ranks, which hold no place in the current Taliban structure anyways. In real life, Taliban doesn't have a Sultan nor a Prince or some sorts. 

Edited by Westt
  • Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Disagree 1
2 hours ago, Theos said:

@Theos  @Horseyyy  basically said what I was going to say, agreed that the ranks now in place are the closest to the actual but the ranks make no sense in a rp situation or just in general. 

also tweaked my post to make it sound better and understandable 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
41 minutes ago, Westt said:

Yes, let's embody the literal God of the Islam. Let's name a BrigGen after some farmer with goats? I am not sure whether this is like an actual suggestion lol. Like Theos already said, you're proposing some meme ranksystem or some kind while saying people want to be a part of the actual Taliban army structure? If anything, it would make sense to use a system that has Arabic (or whatever language they use) ranks as they do in real life.

Goat Herder as BrigGen? Allah as leader of the Taliban? I mean, they believe in a God, yes, but letting a person roleplay as Allah? Bad idea if you ask me. You're only suggesting political ranks, which hold no place in the current Taliban structure anyways. In real life, Taliban doesn't have a Sultan nor a Prince or some sorts. 

@Westt it really is a legit suggestion. back in 2017 and in 2020 when the taliban had those ranks rp was so much more fun with the ranks now you cant rp that well. i changed my post a little so it kinda makes more sense.

11 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

https://gyazo.com/79fd8311d15b860cfd6a601536f13c24 

shouldn't be

-1 for the suggestion

i do understand what paparqi is saying but it is a roleplaying game to be catered to roleplaying,

if you are Muslim militaryrp is probably not for you in my opinion you have the us versing basically a terrorist group

you could twist what he is saying in so many ways.  I know a handful of muslims at my job who never hop on milrp because its AFG VS US

\

21 minutes ago, Chawhead said:

it is a roleplaying game to be catered to roleplaying,

okay you so why are you trying to change ranks that resemble real, existing ones into possibly offensive, meme ones? 

if you are Muslim militaryrp is probably not for you in my opinion you have the us versing basically a terrorist group

dawg Muslim people have played the server before 

I know a handful of muslims at my job who never hop on milrp because its AFG VS US

lol no u don’t 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Agree 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
40 minutes ago, Chawhead said:

it is a roleplaying game to be catered to roleplaying,

Allah, Prophet - Incredibly offensive to stake a claim to these titles, referring to yourself as either in a extremist-controlled Islamic country would likely result in execution or imprisonment

Caliph - Religious leader term that has not been used for 100 years

Imam - Genuine religious term for someone more akin to a preacher or priest in Christianity than a military position, no players would RP like this

Goat Herder - Yes, a farmer will totally outrank a Sultan or Emir in RP. Goat Herder would be more fitting for a Recruit than a General.

The only rank suggestions you made that could conceivably make sense in RP, but also don't for plenty of reasons, are the ones you put in the suggestion that I haven't addressed. However they are just nonsensical for the position you'd assign them to.

In terms of RP-friendly ranks, the General ranks right now follow the closest to being correct scenario, and whilst the other ranks could be changed I don't think people will change their roleplay because of a rank name change when people use names before ranks on the server

Denied

See above or Ziggy's comment

Edited by Theos
  • Agree 2