Remove 3rd person

Shrugger

After thought, and Ethan's well-worded points/examples, I am going to +1 this due to my personal reasons on why I play MilitaryRP.
Most of the time, I play R6 to get my realism fix in.  I feel first person would give us all an opportunity to learn a new mechanic, actually holding angles, as stated by @Ethan
Semi-serious RP isn't really an excuse to have 3rd person.  3rd person is not an integral part of MRP because of the fact that there are real dangers for looking at tangos on the battlefield.  A very useful feature to know that, I don't see anyone in that doorway; therefore, I know no one will know specifically where I'm entering there, unless they hear my footsteps, making grenades useful, however not integral. 

IE: Relying on a smoke (or multiple) to actually get on an objective, without being peeked for 0.5 seconds and getting shot because they have the optical advantage.

This would also make angle holding more even because it's based on reactions. Obviously, someone watching a door way would have an advantage, but this would make the engagement more tactical, because having having the reaction time to turn to the enemy and killing them instead of the other way around could be a more likely outcome of an engagement.

+1

• Dumb/Shitpost 1

I can understand the posting of this.

I would rather keep third person but have it restricted in wars if that is possible.

If not than -1, if so then +1 for that change.

I personally enjoy playing the server in third person or any game in general.

Edited by .lua
  • The Garnut

Coming back to this thread to bring up a valid point, even if we remove third person, there's thrid party addons that would still allow you to go in third person (yes, detectable by screengrab) but will be hard to moderate nonetheless.

2 hours ago, gg.x [Cody Drax] said:

This was already suggested recently and denied by garnet himself.

Not a reason

2 hours ago, gg.x [Cody Drax] said:

Your argument that it's failrp just comes off hyperbolic. 

Thanks for reading half of my post.

• Haha 1

-1 for now. GG doesn't use enough RP, and the only thing we really do is war, kidnap, tryouts, and wait. If the server took a shift and changed into a more RP centric server, I would instantly change to a +1, however my -1 stands 

23 minutes ago, Scotti said:

This shit right here... 

1694253E4CDD5631F091DB4BA81E062A8F3F32B7 (1920Ã1080)

I understand your frustration, but you can counter it easily by going around the other side, throwing a nade it, flanking through light jump,  or capping from outside. There are very few situations where 3rd person is OP to the point of no counter, except for a one way room in TC, and even then you can just triple jump in