DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Meth Lab - Carry over XP to next level

ChrisRid

• DarkRP Administration Team
Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]
While working as a Meth Manufacturer, often I collect a few hundred-thousand (in meth) at a time before selling it to the Meth NPC. I've 
noticed that if I'm very close to the next level (in XP) then it doesn't carry over any of the additional XP over-and-above what's required 
to achieve the next level. I'm suggesting that if possible, the additional XP is carried over. 

Hypothetical example:
If I'm currently level 79 and only 10 XP is required to reach level 80, but selling my meth grants 100 XP, then 90 XP is carried over and 
added to level 80.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]
I think it would benefit the server in a number of ways:
- A person's level is more accurate and representative of what they have achieved in game. I've lost XP to this before.
- People wouldn't be stuck playing, waiting for something else to level them up in order to sell their meth to avoid loosing XP.
- People would feel more encouraged to leave the safety of their base rather than to horde it until the next level.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]
Other than uploading a video of myself deliberately loosing XP (which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid) I'm not sure what else to add.
Edited by ChrisRid
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

+1

Do I even have to say anything? The new players that this benefits the most would get to play the fun jobs faster. 
If done for printers I don't think it should carry over multiple levels i.e. if I am level 1 and I collect 100k it shouldn't put me past level 3 (in my opinion)

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Nutter said:

As opposed to rollover xp which may be game breaking, I’m going to be working on an XP boost system for low level players

Or maybe a !unbox crate for double xp tokens?

or that might be op too 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Torq
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, Torq said:

Or maybe a !unbox crate for double xp tokens?

or that might be op too 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m sure it’d be possible, and it doesn’t have to be double. Could be 10%, 25% so not necessarily op

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
3 hours ago, Nutter said:

As opposed to rollover xp which may be game breaking, I’m going to be working on an XP boost system for low level players

This would be pretty awesome, look forward to seeing it 😃

• 1 month later...

Denied
Rollover XP has always been disabled on the server, as far as I know.
There's obviously the downside of wasted xp, but there's an upside of encouraging meth cooks to do frequent trips to meth addict NPC instead of sitting in their base for 12 hours to get several levels in one trip.

Imagine a level 1 taking 100k out of their friends printer and instantly getting to level 20. That would suck ass for progression.

To avoid losses from not having rollover xp, withdraw from your printers frequently & sell your crop/meth often, ESPECIALLY when you're close to leveling up.

• Informative 1