DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Claiming Printers and Deployable Keypad Cracker Buff (and Cameras)

Bizzy

2 hours ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

1: I'm curious though Bizzy, will these lower tier printers be able to simply be stolen in general? Or would raiders only be allowed to destroy these, especially since it's aimed for more low level people (and 2-3 levels yields nothing for the common person lvl 20+)

2: I also think high ranking staff should possibly have a way to reverse it, in case some dude fail raids and just claims all of someone's printers, etc. Or can people take their own printers back and stop the countdown that way?

3: The statement above also ties into this, but what stops someone from claiming printers before they finish a raid as well? Sure they might get a warn, but how do we then save that person's printers that are now going to explode in 2 hours.

1) Low tier printers can't be claimed but still can be stolen. But, if you disconnect and come back they'll disappear and you can just buy it again. Raiders can still destroy them.

2) That's a good idea, but I'd rather for now people just report fail raiders and have their money refunded to them and money taken from the fail raiders. And if you take your printers back it doesn't stop the countdown. This is to prevent people from giving their printers to their friends for 2 hours so they can disconnect to do something else just to come back and keep their printers

3) Nothing, there's a little menu that pops up that asks if you're sure you want to claim the printers, so that should stop people from spam claiming 5 printers in 2 seconds. Other than that, you just gotta keep ur printers safe 😉 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, bizzylogin said:

money refunded to them and money taken from the fail raiders

Why and how would we start refunds? What if the staff online do not have enough money to refund it? Would this mean we start refunding lost weapons (lost rpgs, etc. Due to rdm)? I'm curious how this would be executed.

1 hour ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

Why and how would we start refunds? What if the staff online do not have enough money to refund it? Would this mean we start refunding lost weapons (lost rpgs, etc. Due to rdm)? I'm curious how this would be executed.

idk how any of this would work in terms of fail raiders cuz i have nothing to do with the rules. dont take what I said as fact hehe

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bizzylogin said:

idk how any of this would work in terms of fail raiders cuz i have nothing to do with the rules. dont take what I said as fact hehe

I dunno man, I'm not ready to support something until I know it's concrete, this feels like a big gaping hole you gotta figure out or atleast suggest solutions, refunds being something that's hard and sometimes impossible to issue, I was curious if you have any other solutions. I can't support the printer claiming system if you cannot come up with a solution for situations where printers are mass claimed, etc. because this is a situation that very likely will happen, and for big basers this could be a huge problem. Because of this, I am -1ing the printer claiming system until a solution is made for this, and +1ing everything else. 

To clear up what I'm looking for, I'd like to know if we are going to have a way to reverse false claims of printers, and if so there should be a tracker for that to avoid its abuse. Having this would prevent false printer claiming, or direct sabotage of someone's printers in their base by a "teammate" who is attempting to screw them over, etc. False claiming could be a huge issue if some random kid gets into your base and claims even one, as upgrades are costly. I understand protecting bases is important, but there should be a failsafe if someone is falsely going around claiming someones printers just so they will explode later. Other than that I really like the suggestion.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
8 minutes ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

I dunno man, I'm not ready to support something until I know it's concrete, this feels like a big gaping hole you gotta figure out or atleast suggest solutions, refunds being something that's hard and sometimes impossible to issue, I was curious if you have any other solutions. I can't support the printer claiming system if you cannot come up with a solution for situations where printers are mass claimed, etc. because this is a situation that very likely will happen, and for big basers this could be a huge problem. Because of this, I am -1ing the printer claiming system until a solution is made for this, and +1ing everything else.

The same way someone you let in your base can just destroy all your printers is the same way someone can come in and claim them. Dont let people you don't trust in. And if they fail raid and claim your printers they can be reconnected so the printers vanish and you'd have to respawn your printers again. Same way you'd have to reconnect if someone fail raids and claims ur printers is the same way they can be force reconnected if they falsely claim your printers.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, bizzylogin said:

The same way someone you let in your base can just destroy all your printers is the same way someone can come in and claim them. Dont let people you don't trust in. And if they fail raid and claim your printers they can be reconnected so the printers vanish and you'd have to respawn your printers again. Same way you'd have to reconnect if someone fail raids and claims ur printers is the same way they can be force reconnected if they falsely claim your printers.

Then we are establishing there will be no compensation. I can see the alternative of just blowing them up anyways, and I agree completely. I just didn't want to +1 anything until I knew your angle on it. In that case, +1. 

To sum it up, I either wanted no compensation or an idea better than simple refunding that can't always be completed. Since you have established that your suggestion feels more concrete to me.

Thanks for clearing it up for me Bizzy! 🙂

• Like 1