DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Remove Medical Classes

Nutter

• The Garnut

Description: I'd like to suggest the removal of the medic role, this is a controversial change, so I figured it'd be best I get the community's response.

Instead of the medic role, I would like to implement bandage/pill items which you can be carried and stored into your inventory, to be used behind cover and heal you 25HP per use (up to 75HP), while cover is maintained - almost identical to the SWEP, but unlimited to how many bandages you can carry, and the only thing to stop you is an opponent if you are not well hidden. For anybody who played PUBG at its prime, it'd be an identical solution 

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

As the server stands, from anybody other than entry factions, 1/4 spots are taken up by a non-combatant role which is utilized in order to run around the map and heal other users, leading to users having to donate for a primary in order to be a one-man army. 

Currently, every single sub-faction looks like this

Rifleman > MEDIC > Specialization > Officer

Removing the medic role would allow for an additional Specialization class, IE: Green Beret could have an additional SMG or Heavy Gunner class!

• Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3

this looks good and I agree with this and it would be different and very cool, one question I have is are they forced to stay in the animation once they start or can they can cancel the animation. Another thing is how would they get all the medic stuff with the inventory system, last it could make fights a bit longer but it is something different and interesting that we can try and has not been suggested before. (to my knowing)

• The Garnut
Just now, Bman said:

this looks good and I agree with this and it would be different and very cool, one question I have is are they forced to stay in the animation once they start or can they can cancel the animation. Another thing is how would they get all the medic stuff with the inventory system, last it could make fights a bit longer but it is something different and interesting that we can try and has not been suggested before. (to my knowing)

There likely won't be an animation, just a 3 second progress bar, which if you move would cancel immediately. Yes, my ideas are fire and original man

47 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Description: I'd like to suggest the removal of the medic role, this is a controversial change, so I figured it'd be best I get the community's response.

Instead of the medic role, I would like to implement bandage/pill items which you can be carried and stored into your inventory, to be used behind cover and heal you 25HP per use (up to 75HP), while cover is maintained - almost identical to the SWEP, but unlimited to how many bandages you can carry, and the only thing to stop you is an opponent if you are not well hidden. For anybody who played PUBG at its prime, it'd be an identical solution 

Hello garnet as a Medic main myself I don't support it but at the same time do. Would this leave support only on Base faction? and also would this allow some type of cert or something for medical supplies?

As of recently I have been playing quite a bit of Squad. In Squad, each member is given 2 bandages that can revive and stop bleeding teammates. Medics have a medical kit that can heal to full, both other players and yourself. Medics also have 9 bandages, (which if this were to be added, it should be reduced).

To make this at least somewhat balanced, all players spawn with a set one or two bandages per person that can be used to fix bleeding wounds (some sort of bleeding mechanic would have to be added). Bandages will have their reviving capabilities removed. Medics will have a set amount of bandages, like 5 or so, he has more bandages to stop bleeding as a medic role, but he also has a med kit and defibs if someone is down. For the med kit, It would be recommended that it may only heal OTHER players so you aren't a one man army. 

These changes would enforce RP, have the medic role more specialized, and slow down gameplay while in war. 

Edited by Reeper
  • Agree 2
  • The Garnut
2 hours ago, Reeper said:

As of recently I have been playing quite a bit of Squad. In Squad, each member is given 2 bandages that can revive and stop bleeding teammates. Medics have a medical kit that can heal to full, both other players and yourself. Medics also have 9 bandages, (which if this were to be added, it should be reduced).

To make this at least somewhat balanced, all players spawn with a set one or two bandages per person that can be used to fix bleeding wounds (some sort of bleeding mechanic would have to be added). Bandages will have their reviving capabilities removed. Medics will have a set amount of bandages, like 5 or so, he has more bandages to stop bleeding as a medic role, but he also has a med kit and defibs if someone is down. For the med kit, It would be recommended that it may only heal OTHER players so you aren't a one man army. 

These changes would enforce RP, have the medic role more specialized, and slow down gameplay while in war. 

The way we could apply this in our server (the Squad concept) is allow bandages to heal players up to ~50-75 HP as I mentioned in my initial post, removing health regeneration, and allowing for medics to heal you up to 100HP. So at this point, this is really just a suggestion for bandages. LOL

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Meme_Dealer said:

+1

People don't go medic classes for the most part since they'd rather be something else so being able to heal myself would be great

This is untrue. Almost everyone plays on support/medic classes during war simply because they recieve the IFAK. I honestly would have to wait and see how this suggestion would work, but the idea would fit in well with the scrap gathering system. I'd say put it up for trial.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1