DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

ROE Change - 6/5/2022

+1 This will definitely make the game more fun. Gives us Tali a reason to leave our base and the U.S. a reason to watch us. Now we won't just have awkward confrontations in the middle of nowhere while holding our guns out like a bunch of quadriplegics and now I can stoically stand outside the U.S. military base while they watch with their fingers just itching on the trigger, waiting for my hand to pull upward. Much entertainment to be had.

-Angel, can't change my name from Kekaroni.

+1

I remember being on another server with similar ROEs, was hella fun till it was shut down. Anyways, regarding the ROE rules, I would like propose the idea of using explosives outside of raids and similar activities to be against the rules due to it being overpowered for unsuspecting victims. This might sound extreme, but I believe it would benefit and give a fighting chance for newer players against older seasoned players. Other than that, I believe this could work very well. My only concern is getting proof during staff sits when others kill on claim, not sure how that can be easily achieved. Quick swapping would also be another issue which would be hard to prove without proper evidence. 

Edit: My proposition only relates to the ROE change, nothing about war. Just putting it out there incase some of you get it confused.

Edited by Reeper
5 minutes ago, Reeper said:

Anyways, regarding the ROE rules, I would like propose the idea of using explosives outside of raids and similar activities to be against the rules due to it being overpowered for unsuspecting victims. This might sound extreme, but I believe it would benefit and give a fighting chance for newer players against older seasoned players.

I will def look into this! As this is a good point. 

13 hours ago, Geoffy said:

I personally feel like the possible gain from this strongly outweighs the negatives. Peacetime is indeed boring and having actual patrols that are RP but still fun for players since they can still do shooty shooty. At the very least I think this change will be something refreshing for the community 👍. I love you Smity

Like mentioned in my suggestion the Patrols will actually have a use. 

7 hours ago, PIuto said:

I was a large advocate for this change during the staff meeting and I listed a lot of fair points, I'm going to elaborate on how this could help the server for those who are voting still. +1

1. Team Balance
The entire time the server has been up a good majority of the time we all understand that statistically players were more likely to choose the US side to start off with, even after multiple changes forcing players to choose Taliban by spawning them as a recruit, the US continues to generally be the more chosen favorite.

This ROE change allows two entirely different and completely unique playstyles within the server and allows actual choice between the side you want to play. My opinion on why people chose the US over Taliban is purely bias; the average player will spawn into Garnet and be met with the choice of US or Taliban, with no actual difference in how each side is played players automatically choose the US because "Well I'm american" and it's generally seen as the worlds "super power". This results in the US inevitably outweighing the Taliban side, however, with the introduction of this ROE that changes the decisions given to players. The sides presented to you each have a different playstyle during peacetime and will also adopt a much different genre of roleplay as well as different roleplay situations. 

The choices presented to each player will be weighed out and chosen based on how they want to spend their time on the server. If the player wants a more controlled roleplay experience, they'll join US where things are calm and orderly as well as outside the base fireteams and actual patrols will be required to ensure there aren't camping taliban outside the base or in general areas of interest. If the players were to want a more chaotic roleplay experience, or not roleplay at all and just enjoy the military vibe, players can choose Taliban and adopt a much different playstyle than the US, the players on the Taliban will be chaotic, have no rules, and generally have much different experience than a calm and orderly unit. The players in the taliban can gather in groups of PVT's even, and go kill some US to enjoy themselves.

2. Peacetime / Fun
The entire time I've been on this server which spans back to early 2019, there has never really been any form of entertainment offered outside war. The only entertainment you could really gather during peacetime was sitting around teamspeak shooting the shit with your buddies/unit members, roleplay with the officers/enlisted that actually want to roleplay, or attend any form of event which usually ends up either being a tryout or a simulation.

With the addition of this ROE, the US will have to actually train themselves and work in squads outside base. The random privates that want to go "patrol" will actually be granted a reason to patrol. If you think about it, there could also be roleplay involved where two officers from each side set up an area they fight over and essentially have a controlled warzone outside of war. The taliban will be able to have fun by sitting in points of interest and messing with the US that they see. The US get an actual military experience that's more realistic and makes them feel like they're actually in a theater of war making them feel anxious and have to constantly watch their backs for the cheeky Taliban sniper that's following their unit.

3. Member Retention Boost
The whole server splits very roughly into 2-3 categories of players.
Roleplayers (Players who don't enjoy PVP, and like the realistic roleplay aspect
Fighters (Players who play just for the pvp aspect)
And then the Other aka, the people who enjoy pvp and roleplay, the cool people.

For quite some time a lot of players on the server will leave the game just to come back and fight war, with this new ROE this gives all 3 categories the option to enjoy themselves during peacetime in the respectful areas they wish. The fighters can join the taliban to just shoot whoever they want, or join US to enjoy the US side while still shooting armed talis. The roleplayers will be able to enjoy 2 different aspects of military roleplay, the guerilla military RP, and strict/semi-strict military RP. Then the cool kids just get more enjoyment in both aspects.

This ROE will help the players actually want to stay on the server and have less reasons to get off because they're bored or just wanted to fight.

4. Member Influx Boost
We all know how the usual new member goes, either A) They stay and become a member of the server, or B) they minge around in the training and either minge heavily or immediately mass. This new ROE being introduced will give the players within the B category a reason to stay on the server. Not a lot of players actually like the military roleplay but may enjoy the side Taliban has to offer, or maybe it'll just give the Mass RDMers a reason to wanna stay on the server, or at a long enough stay to actually see the server and enjoy themselves. The players that join with the intention of being chaotic can go to the taliban and minge since it'll be a much more chaotic and loose RP side. These players may also be much more willing to stay if they know they're allowed to just go and shoot Americans out of base and possibly even be more willing to follow rules regarding when and where the mass rdm is acceptable and when it isn't. If they still don't, well; we have staff to handle the mass rdmers.

sorry for my rant, I just wanted to input my side 🙂

Literally couldn't have put it in any better.

Edited by SirSmity
  • Like 1

+1 

I would like to hide in the mountains and trees.

On a more serious note, peacetime is boring, other than the occasional raid/tryout. This will definitely keep more people on during those times, leading to a higher pop overall.

If it doesn't work, reverting is easy.

• Agree 2

+1 The server needs more players, so I welcome anything which can help out with that.

This change would allow for many new interesting engagements during peacetime.

This change would spice up any current out-of-base situations (Tryouts, raids, exploration, etc.).

This change requires basically no effort to make.

I see nothing but good opportunities coming from a change such as this. And even if there are any negative outcomes which are vastly unfavourable to the server, then we could easily roll back to the current ROE with little to no hassle.

+1

Change could really make peacetime have an actual purpose and make patrols an actual thing

Adjusting above after the reported tests.

1. Snipers not be allowed unless you are in your own base

2. US must be in clearly defined patrols/guard runs before leaving the base

3. Tali must be in groups of 2+ and cannot just run out

(2/3 go hand in hand to possibly deter people running randomly out of the base for the hope to kill and encourage RP scenarios.)

Edited by Grandom
  • Informative 1

Im a little confused by this rule. Like I think it should only apply for Afghan outside US base and US outside Afghan base. Where if anyone has weapons out they can kill the other people for being outside of there own base with a weapon out. Its confusing where Tali can just RDM you for being solely outside of your own base.

ima -1 this cause I feel like the Tali part encourages too much RDM and US killing Afghan anywhere because they have a weapon out will also encourage RDMing. I think the ROE should just be limited to enforcing the other force having a weapon out outside your base

Edited by Mattyyy

+1 I agree with the new ROE Idea! It adds so much more RP and activity for everyone during peacetime, makes it realistic too considering US entered AFG territory. As someone who was in the testing trial of it, it went pretty well, we had some RP, not many complained except for the idea to not have snipers during peacetime. 

+1

It gives people more to do and seem like it would be realistic since we are in enemy territory. The only problem is tali just sitting at US base all day. On that note I would say that all Tali should have RP reasons to be outside base.

Edited by Kerry1