DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Donator Suggestion

• The Garnut
On 6/6/2022 at 6:16 PM, aidanpoppas123 said:

@Nutter when you deny this you should link all of the suggestions suggesting the exact same thing

What's funny is, in the past I didn't want it implemented because of performance reasons, but since then literally hundreds of hours of work were poured into optimizing our DarkRP, to where this wouldn't even be bad for the server. My only concern now is giving people more advantageous bases, just because they sent me a few dollars.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 4
25 minutes ago, Nutter said:

What's funny is, in the past I didn't want it implemented because of performance reasons, but since then literally hundreds of hours of work were poured into optimizing our DarkRP, to where this wouldn't even be bad for the server. My only concern now is giving people more advantageous bases, just because they sent me a few dollars.

yeah, then even more people would complain about the server being p2w

but its worthwhile if i can paste down some extra props for my hobo hut :)))))))

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Nutter said:

I beg please don’t do this. Bases are already op enough 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, Nutter said:

My only concern now is giving people more advantageous bases, just because they sent me a few dollars.

I don't belive having extra props would make bases more advantageous. Because the basing rules remain the same (4 keypad/fading doors, 3 buttons) in my opinion adding a few extra props would only allow bases to be more interesting and intricate. Having 4 fading doors squished together so the player can't move and a Tiny little pixel peak to shoot them(which is kinda lame imo) will always be the meta regardless of prop limit. 

If anyone could provide an example of how more props can make the base more OP please reply I could be wrong here idk.

• Friendly 1
  • Disagree 1
Just now, KoiFish said:

If anyone could provide an example of how more props can make the base more OP please reply I could be wrong here idk.

things along the lines of setting up new peeks, or making an even better vantage point to get people. It's small, but can 100% make a difference 

• Disagree 2
4 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

things along the lines of setting up new peeks, or making an even better vantage point to get people. It's small, but can 100% make a difference 

I disagree, you can already make the furthest possible vantage point with the smallest possible peek and the most op possible angle with the current prop limit. 

Edited by KoiFish
  • Agree 1

Just tweak the dynamic propcount to make it fair for everyone if it's decided this wouldn't cause lag.

The people who would benefit from this most are donators anyways, but this way it would be more fair and one might still have a less restricted base upon joining during high population (which is the only time this is an issue)

Tl;dr I'm not against increasing prop count overall only because the jewel in a suit said it wouldn't impact performance; I am however against giving donators further basing advantages.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
41 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

Just tweak the dynamic propcount to make it fair for everyone if it's decided this wouldn't cause lag.

The people who would benefit from this most are donators anyways, but this way it would be more fair and one might still have a less restricted base upon joining during high population (which is the only time this is an issue)

Tl;dr I'm not against increasing prop count overall only because the jewel in a suit said it wouldn't impact performance; I am however against giving donators further basing advantages.

Jewel in a suit; that’s a first 😂

Let’s experiment with raising the dynamic prop limit by 5 at all times of the day, and see how frames reflect then!

locked because that is a solid approach in my opinion, nobody has to spend a dollar, and I don’t get rich

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

my point was that higher prop during low pop is incentivization for our mornings to get stormed by chads and making great bases with high prop count that stay up most of the day other due to afk or theyve been grinding that long. having the prop count on ammo and making it dynamic was the sexiest choice the blood diamond ever made. i think without realizing it they made the healthiest tool for the server. its like printers, youre incentivized to stay online by selling printers and in turn that helps population. our lowest pops are in the mornings and the dynamic prop count promotes getting in on those times. 

• Informative 1
3 hours ago, Nutter said:

you can make a unraidable base with the most unfair fair peeks with 19 props. You don't need more props then 30 the prop limit is fine where its at. 

• Agree 1
47 minutes ago, Fetn said:

you can make a unraidable base with the most unfair fair peeks with 19 props. You don't need more props then 30 the prop limit is fine where its at. 

Sorry if I'm miscarachterizing your point here but my intention for suggesting a prop limit increase was to make cooler looking bases with more decoration and intricate hobo huts with more details.  Not to affect how raidable a base is.

3 hours ago, KoiFish said:

I don't belive having extra props would make bases more advantageous. Because the basing rules remain the same (4 keypad/fading doors, 3 buttons) in my opinion adding a few extra props would only allow bases to be more interesting and intricate. Having 4 fading doors squished together so the player can't move and a Tiny little pixel peak to shoot them(which is kinda lame imo) will always be the meta regardless of prop limit. 

PD proofing, multiple quickdoors for bases with 3+people in it, RPG proofing, nerve proofing, extra peeks, printer racks

Edited by Rapts
8 minutes ago, Rapts said:

PD proofing, multiple quickdoors for bases with 3+people in it, RPG proofing, nerve proofing, extra peeks, printer racks

PD proofing: idk I think it'd be the same, pds can still only use 4 keypad/2 fading door setups and a few buttons.

Multiple quickdoors: I'll give you that one, valid point!

Nerve proofing/rpg proofing: given the current prop limit its still easy to rpg/nerve proof a base by using glass.

Extra peeks: you would still only be able to have 3 buttons unless you're adding  open peeks with no button which gives the defender more chances to get clapped since he's not using the advantage of a button.

More printer racks: isn't that a good thing?

Also just imagine the amazing things gross cave can create given a few extra props!

Edited by KoiFish

Could it be class-specific? E.g. giving a Hobo a higher prop limit than a base-able class?

Often I enjoy making creative builds as a hobo and find the prop limit can be an issue. I don't know if it's even doable or practical, but an increased prop limit by say 5 or 10 props would certainly give a hobo more creative freedom to build (and something a VIP may want to buy).

• Winner 2