Nicest thing you or some one else did.

Shizzle

• Forums Moderator

There's so many to choose from so I'll just mention the first one I ever remember. When I joined Garnet for the first time, me and my brother were playing and we met a group of friends who invited us to set up a base and farm with them. I'd played GMod for a long time but I was rusty so they helped remind us of the rules and showed us which weapons were best etc. I remember one of them was called Scortch and because he helped us so much, I actually bought him some stuff to say thank you. That's the first encounter that I remember but there's been thousands since then and some amazing people that I've met on this server 😄

In game,  someone gave me 50k when I first joined which was really helpful, unfortunately I don't remember who. 😞 (you know who you are and thank you❤)

In real life, I do have quite a story.

This was a few years ago, probably around 2018. I was driving back home around 3am with my girlfriend in my 04 Mazda 3 coming from Shambhala festival because it was the last night there. Our tent was all packed up but the line to get out was super long and we were tired so we decided to sleep for a bit in the car. I was woken up around 230am by her screaming bloody murder,  thinking someone was attacking her. Thinking she saw someone outside, I start also looking outside in this grass parking lot expecting to see some sort of threat. Nope, night terror. So after reassuring her we were fine and had a few mins to calm down and breathe, we saw the line had died down considerably and decided to leave then, on that impulse. wanted Tim Horton's and we were passing through a town that had one so I took a left and went to pull another left in where I expected the driveway would be  but was unable to see as it was dark and there was a berm blocking the view. Much to our surprise, the car got beached after going into the ditch. The driveway entrance to Timmy`s was not, in fact there but a little further down. (lol).  I get out and start putting stuff under the tires to try to get some traction but no luck after many attempts.  Luckily, I  managed to have this issue right outside a tow truck company across the street. Unluckily, and due to poor planning and foresight it was 3am so nobody was in there and had to call one in.

A semi truck driver that was pulled over nearby saw me struggling(gf was negative help) and came over to see if there was something he could do. He assisted in trying to put wood and things under the tires which was appreciated, but to no avail. He had tire chains, but they were far too large and made specifically for his semi tires.  In a do or die situation he could give it a go but it might damage the car further, so I thanked him and decided to call a tow truck instead.

A shiny, black Lifted super duty with dark tinted windows truck was also there.  It pulled in while we were waiting for the tow truck and saw me in my predicament and also wanted to check and make sure everything was alright so they rolled down the window and I  explained the situation and that we already called a tow truck and it should be arriving soon.

30ish mins pass after I had called, the Tow truck arrives and all I have is gas money back for the rest of the road trip home and that's on my debit card. My heart is racing. Another issue, once the tow truck arrived he said he would only take cash 120 up front so  I am screwed, We are screwed. We are in the middle of nowhere and still have a long ways to go. Even if I got  the tow truck to help me out, I would still have no gas to make it back home. Quite a pickle.

I go tell the tow truck driver my situation and end up declining his service, we will figure something out somehow.

The couple in the truck ask for an update, so I gave it. I felt defeated. Then the guy says `you know what? here.` and this complete stranger looks at his wife/gf, looks down and pulls out his wallet, hands me the 120 cash. It took me a second to register, but was overjoyed and relieved. I was completely blown away at the generosity  these people demonstrated, and luckily the tow truck was still parked just up ahead about to pull out. When I asked how I could repay them for their generosity, he said to just pay it forward. 

It was the perfect cocktail of the right people in the right place at the right time, and I feel blessed and extremely lucky that by some miracle these amazing people were there to help us get back home safe.

6 hours ago, Ganja_Godfather said:

In game,  someone gave me 50k when I first joined which was really helpful, unfortunately I don't remember who. 😞 (you know who you are and thank you❤)

In real life, I do have quite a story.

This was a few years ago, probably around 2018. I was driving back home around 3am with my girlfriend in my 04 Mazda 3 coming from Shambhala festival because it was the last night there. Our tent was all packed up but the line to get out was super long and we were tired so we decided to sleep for a bit in the car. I was woken up around 230am by her screaming bloody murder,  thinking someone was attacking her. Thinking she saw someone outside, I start also looking outside in this grass parking lot expecting to see some sort of threat. Nope, night terror. So after reassuring her we were fine and had a few mins to calm down and breathe, we saw the line had died down considerably and decided to leave then, on that impulse. wanted Tim Horton's and we were passing through a town that had one so I took a left and went to pull another left in where I expected the driveway would be  but was unable to see as it was dark and there was a berm blocking the view. Much to our surprise, the car got beached after going into the ditch. The driveway entrance to Timmy`s was not, in fact there but a little further down. (lol).  I get out and start putting stuff under the tires to try to get some traction but no luck after many attempts.  Luckily, I  managed to have this issue right outside a tow truck company across the street. Unluckily, and due to poor planning and foresight it was 3am so nobody was in there and had to call one in.

A semi truck driver that was pulled over nearby saw me struggling(gf was negative help) and came over to see if there was something he could do. He assisted in trying to put wood and things under the tires which was appreciated, but to no avail. He had tire chains, but they were far too large and made specifically for his semi tires.  In a do or die situation he could give it a go but it might damage the car further, so I thanked him and decided to call a tow truck instead.

A shiny, black Lifted super duty with dark tinted windows truck was also there.  It pulled in while we were waiting for the tow truck and saw me in my predicament and also wanted to check and make sure everything was alright so they rolled down the window and I  explained the situation and that we already called a tow truck and it should be arriving soon.

30ish mins pass after I had called, the Tow truck arrives and all I have is gas money back for the rest of the road trip home and that's on my debit card. My heart is racing. Another issue, once the tow truck arrived he said he would only take cash 120 up front so  I am screwed, We are screwed. We are in the middle of nowhere and still have a long ways to go. Even if I got  the tow truck to help me out, I would still have no gas to make it back home. Quite a pickle.

I go tell the tow truck driver my situation and end up declining his service, we will figure something out somehow.

The couple in the truck ask for an update, so I gave it. I felt defeated. Then the guy says `you know what? here.` and this complete stranger looks at his wife/gf, looks down and pulls out his wallet, hands me the 120 cash. It took me a second to register, but was overjoyed and relieved. I was completely blown away at the generosity  these people demonstrated, and luckily the tow truck was still parked just up ahead about to pull out. When I asked how I could repay them for their generosity, he said to just pay it forward. 

It was the perfect cocktail of the right people in the right place at the right time, and I feel blessed and extremely lucky that by some miracle these amazing people were there to help us get back home safe.

this might’ve been me… 

On 7/4/2022 at 6:12 PM, ten10868 said:

I can't remember how much but I cashapped some random guy on DRP.

same but with in-game money and credits 

it’s hard to remember all the moments of kindness i’ve received. but out of everyone i’d probably say thank you to ZACHMAN for all of this.

ive also met a lot of casual players or people who don’t play anymore whos helped me out or made the server a better experience for everyone.  these are MVPS . 

Archived