DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Remove the talking over dead bodies rule

Shiesty

Remove the talking over dead bodies rule  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Remove the talking over dead bodies rule

+1 but with some limits. I have saw some people get in trouble for just celebrating that they got the kill. I understand if you can't talk to a dead body but you should at least be able to say something like "lets go" or just casual celebrating because you are not speaking to the dead person. I see why talking TO dead bodies is failrp but talking OVER dead bodies should not. My personal opinion would be to allow talking to and over dead bodies but not overly toxic, I do see why there is a rule though.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

+1

I think talking over bodies builds character and even leads to a good bit of banter between players. Actual toxicity will happen regardless of this rule being in place. The other thing is, if you don't want someone to talk over your body, just don't die to them.

• Like 1

Denied but kinda accepted 
It is not in the rules, but it can be perceived as toxic that's why you can be warned for talking over dead bodies. Otherwise nothing is stopping people from doing it. People that are friends do it all the time as friendly banter to get each other going and that's ok. We have harassment/toxicity in the rules for a reason for those that aren't friends, not to be shit talking others that they don't know that which causes un-needed toxicity. It will not be removed in that case. But like I mentioned earlier, nothing is stopping you from doing it over your friends bodies but you're taking that risk of getting reported if you're not great friends with them. 
@Luxembourgplease lock and move to denied

Edited by SirSmity
  • Cringe 1
  • Disagree 6
  • The Garnut

I'm thinking I edit the server's code to where dead people can't hear people speaking, because that seems like a smarter solution than to limiting living people. Also, there would be no reason to be toxic if your victim can't even hear you being toxic.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2
  • Haha 2
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 2