DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

More variety of foods for Chef job/Different Chef jobs for those foods

HtmlRoot

Description: Add many foods to the chef job or make more chef type jobs with their own foods to cook. 
This would add more stuff to sell, increasing volume of inventory for chef's. 
It would be necessary to find proper addons for the models of food to be added. 

Reasoning: It seems the Chef job has a very generic food selection, with the only two big choices being Hamburgers and Hotdogs. I believe adding more foods would benefit to roleplay and allow for more types of restaurants to accurately run their store instead of pretending a Burger is a chicken wing. This can either be implemented in the Chef job itself, or add more jobs of that type with foods specially for that job.

Examples of food to add:

• Taco (sorta found a model, just its currently giant and needs modification)

• Chicken Breast

• Chicken Wing

• Grilled  Steak 

• Enchilada

• Pizza 

• Pulled Pork Sandwich (found a model)

• Stir Fry

• Ramen Noodles (found a model)

• Sushi (its like impossible to find one, but i did find a map that has one embedded inside it if you wanna do an asset rip of it)

As for jobs, you can decide how to categorize what jobs would be added in name, and what foods would go where.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] NONE

Edited by HtmlRoot
accidently had two s letter in breast
  • Like 3

So this would be really cool (especially with my new suggestion about chef basing rules, always be plugging) but what addons if any would we use for the models? Also, would there be any foods with specific benefits?

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

So this would be really cool (especially with my new suggestion about chef basing rules, always be plugging) but what addons if any would we use for the models? Also, would there be any foods with specific benefits?

I mean I could go scouting for what addons we'd use for the models, and ensure that they don't state to not reuse the assets in servers and whatnot. Also, taco's could give the added benefit of shorter pooping times (lol ikr). As for other food benefits, we can figure that out.

Edited by HtmlRoot
33 minutes ago, TheRealChikn said:

Neutral Show me some good food addon and then we got plans

literally the only taco model in gmod i can find: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772129873 (its giant but we can resize the mesh i think)

other food props: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2871155657&searchtext=food+pack+stylev

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2632299477&searchtext=food+pack+style

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=815937209

Edited by HtmlRoot
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 8:44 PM, Dan Gardner said:

Neutral until someone finds actual addons to match even half of the suggested items. My opinion, find an addon, look at each model it has, and think of a proper buff/debuff scheme for each one.

Addons have been found for some of the foods. Read the reply to chikn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Neutral

I like the RP aspect that this could add, but I think you'd need to be a little more specific with which addons you're proposing to include to allow a better chance of deciding if it's a good addition to the server. If the additional food addons are easy to add, and don't increase the download by very much and are likely to be used then I'd say go for it. But if the addons are a bit heavy on the download with a lot of setup and unlikely to be used a lot then perhaps it's better to work on ways to improve how the class is used.

• 1 month later...
  • The Garnut

With how little the chef class is used as is, I don't think it is a good use of server resources to add more food props. I appreciate the effort put into searching up food props, but their sizes are also larger than an entire pack of 30 weapons we have on the server.

Unfortunately, this will be moved for denied. Thank you very much for the complete suggestion though.

• Agree 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines