DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Prop Resize tool

dmoney824

• DarkRP Administration Team

I think it would be cool if there was a prop resizer tool added to the server. I love building stuff and I see a lot of others building too and sometimes It would help if i could make certain props a little bigger or a little smaller. Now you might be saying, "It'll be mingggggeeddddd!!!!!" but to counter that it could be made a VIP only tool and as well as that there is a limit on how big or small you can make a prop. For example maybe make the limit like 5 points bigger or smaller and exclude already big props like the big plates.  I'm sure it will be denied but i wanna hear everyones thought on this. Maybe even add like a builder job VIP only like higher level n they the only ones that can use it.  

6 minutes ago, dmoney824 said:

I think it would be cool if there was a prop resizer tool added to the server. I love building stuff and I see a lot of others building too and sometimes It would help if i could make certain props a little bigger or a little smaller. Now you might be saying, "It'll be mingggggeeddddd!!!!!" but to counter that it could be made a VIP only tool and as well as that there is a limit on how big or small you can make a prop. For example maybe make the limit like 5 points bigger or smaller and exclude already big props like the big plates.  I'm sure it will be denied but i wanna hear everyones thought on this. Maybe even add like a builder job VIP only like higher level n they the only ones that can use it.  

-1 get good

also, you can use stacker and offsets to slightly change prop dimensions

• Cringe 1
  • Disagree 1

I like this suggestion on face value. For those who love building it would be a fantastic tool and would unlock so many new possibilities. However as you've mentioned, wherever there's a tool that CAN be used to minge, it DOES get used to minge. Even if there were limits set, a small percentage of people will experiment and eventually find ways of causing chaos. For example - even if we restricted large props, imagine being stuck in a prop so small that nobody could see who's it was. It's a good idea for sure, but I'm going to have to go -1 on this one.

• 300 IQ 2
4 hours ago, JIM_SATAN said:

-1 get good

also, you can use stacker and offsets to slightly change prop dimensions

Lol yeah I know it just takes forever. I just was curious and wanted some feedback on the idea but I understand now it’s not necessary. 

2 hours ago, IAreGunner said:

not needed at all lol

Tbf that’s like half the suggestions for dark rp.

I love the idea, but would be abused. Maybe if we made it to where you had to be vip+ to use the tool I would +1

On 12/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, Jaz- said:

Tbf that’s like half the suggestions for dark rp.

I love the idea, but would be abused. Maybe if we made it to where you had to be vip+ to use the tool I would +1

Yeah that’s what I mean only for vips 

Id love to see it, tbh would make base building easier, with bigger props comes bases that are built with less props, which leaves more room for decoration.
Unfortunately-being a vip doesnt lessen a minge ratio at all, in fact I think that when a vip does minge, its usually worse than nonvips. 

+1, but only if we blacklist a ton of props first. I was tired of seeing giant babies everywhere.

• The Garnut

I will take a look into creating a prop resizer that can double and half prop sizes. But no more and no less.

It will inevitably have to be restricted to VIPs due to the high nature of abusability of such tools.

• Like 8
  • The Garnut

I have very sad news. I finished making the prop resizer tool for tomorrow's update, and found the collision boxes to be sketchy at best. After doing some reading, I found out resized props within garry's mod (although mostly ok on a small scale, IE: few resized props) are incredibly unstable and can even lead to abuse as resized collisions are hardly supported.

Directly from the creators of Garry's Mod:

223b0e21b6763127904b3e386997cd89.png

As well as from a reputable content creator:

d09521f6633e7a308173140827a726c9.png

Due to these reasons, I think it'll be best we just leave this one out. It's unfortunate because I finished the tool and only after did I find out it'll be a bad implementation 

35304fcafb63acac168f7275b9822e9a.jpg

Oh well, probably saved us from future crashes and even more unraidable bases

• Like 4

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines