DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Reduce the Dragonlore's Magazine Capacity to 5 Rounds to accurately match its CS:GO counterpart.

WohMi

17 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

Come on now WohMi, the majority strongly dislike the idea. No need to insult everyone who's against nerfing the D'Lore, and there's been a ton of previously denied suggestions on the same subject. It doesn't inspire me with much confidence that you've got the player base in mind when you say "fuck them nooblets", I think the gig is up.

i was referring to the people who would SWAT garnet. Swatting is really fucking lame, and I wouldn't consider anyone who does it part of the "player base."

17 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

No need to insult everyone who's against nerfing the D'Lore, and there's been a ton of previously denied suggestions on the same subject.

That is a good point, though. When you have a topic that is consistently and routinely brought up, maybe it might give you a hint that the opinion on that topic is different than what the people who regularly use the forums say it is. These "suggestions" aren't actually rated by the player base, they're rated by the "high-class" players who regularly use and check forums. And lastly, Garnet has said he thinks its a good idea, and I think the person who would understand the pros and cons of changes would be the person who most directly benefits/loses from them.

Edited by WohMi
oops
  • Agree 1
48 minutes ago, WohMi said:

If you think that the change would be bad, then you should take it up with the people at CS:GO. 

I was under the impression that CS:GO and Garry's Mod are different games. Your "additional information" shows one of the top 5 highest rated eSports games has, as of last month, nerfed the AWP sniper.

Garry's Mod should not be subject to change because the developers of a competitive shooter deemed it so. That logic simply doesn't hold up.

Your entire reasoning is that "CS:GO did it so we should too" but that's foolish.

22 hours ago, WohMi said:
Description:  This is just going to be me reiterating the Title, but the concept is very simple. The Dragonlore's Magazine Capacity should be reduced from 10 rounds to 5 to match its CS:GO counterpart, the AWP,  in which it is entirely based off of.

Reasoning: If CS:GO itself feels that the Dragonlore/AWP needed its magazine size reduced, then it's pretty safe to say that reducing the ammo on DarkRP would both help keep the accuracy of the CS:GO weapon and improve the overall balance of
         the server.

Additional Information: https://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2022/11/40472/

"If CS:GO itself feels that the Dragonlore/AWP needed its magazine size reduced, then it's pretty safe to say that reducing the ammo on DarkRP would both help keep the accuracy of the CS:GO weapon and improve the overall balance of the server." like CS:GO is some guy who decides what happens in the Garnet Gaming DarkRP server 🤣

---

Regardless, the AW50 already exists in DarkRP. The AW50 (being the AWP that CS:GO nerfed - as skins are cosmetic in that entirely different game), and the Dragonlore sniper being a separate 30$ beatstick for donators. These are separate weapons with separate power as one is a standard sniper that anyone can get and one represents "the most expensive/godly sniper" which has had 10 rounds in it's clip for ages.

I won't even bring up any other points as there are no other points to this suggestion.... just "CS:GO did it and we should too!" 🤔

TL;DR: I don't think competitive shooter titles making balance changes (which happens much more than GG) should affect donator weapons on Garnet Gaming Dark Roleplay.

• 300 IQ 2
1 hour ago, WohMi said:

These "suggestions" aren't actually rated by the player base, they're rated by the "high-class" players who regularly use and check forums.

This is actually a good point, just like get more people on the forums lol. I'd love to see some low level 1 group on here instead of just people who've played for a long time.

I can already imagine how filled up the suggestions would be if we didnt have an automod on the forums 😛

Or, and hear me out. Dedicated Discord for DarkRP players thats advertised just as much as our TS.

Just change the current staff discord into a player wide, and keep all the staffing shit hidden-ez.
Everyone loves discord nowadays, and we could have a nice fun community chat about all suggestions.

Edited by xFish
  • Haha 3
20 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

I was under the impression that CS:GO and Garry's Mod are different games. Your "additional information" shows one of the top 5 highest rated eSports games has, as of last month, nerfed the AWP sniper.

Garry's Mod should not be subject to change because the developers of a competitive shooter deemed it so. That logic simply doesn't hold up.

Your entire reasoning is that "CS:GO did it so we should too" but that's foolish.

"If CS:GO itself feels that the Dragonlore/AWP needed its magazine size reduced, then it's pretty safe to say that reducing the ammo on DarkRP would both help keep the accuracy of the CS:GO weapon and improve the overall balance of the server." like CS:GO is some guy who decides what happens in the Garnet Gaming DarkRP server 🤣

---

Regardless, the AW50 already exists in DarkRP. The AW50 (being the AWP that CS:GO nerfed - as skins are cosmetic in that entirely different game), and the Dragonlore sniper being a separate 30$ beatstick for donators. These are separate weapons with separate power as one is a standard sniper that anyone can get and one represents "the most expensive/godly sniper" which has had 10 rounds in it's clip for ages.

I won't even bring up any other points as there are no other points to this suggestion.... just "CS:GO did it and we should too!" 🤔

TL;DR: I don't think competitive shooter titles making balance changes (which happens much more than GG) should affect donator weapons on Garnet Gaming Dark Roleplay.

Shank, this is actually the most reasonable and well thought-out rebuttal to my suggestion. I appreciate this infinitely more than the other "-1 me dont want" suggestions. Thank you.

I still think that  I share an opinion that is shared by the silent majority when I say that the DLore needs some sort of debuff to make it actually balanced compared to other weapons. To further upon my justification for my suggestion based on reducing the ammo, while the Dragonlore AWP and the AW50 are both based on the Accuracy International Arctic Warfare, their functions are quite different, and the Dragonlore AWP is a near-mirror of the AWP from CS:GO. Thus, when CS:GO implements a change, not only does it seem justified to replicate that change, but it also seems like a justifiable nerf with reasons besides "The Gun Is Too Damn Strong."

For the first time I find myself agreeing with this suggestion in some capacity, but then I think if this would make any difference at all or not and I end up realizing that this is not the nerf that the AWP needs, with 5 bullets in the mag this won't make a lot of difference, thus my opinion is a -1. The good side of this is that I think we might be getting closer to a good AWP nerf (Or not).

3 hours ago, WohMi said:

...except for the machete. Changing a donor weapon is not unheard of, especially in the sake of balance.

Oh, and this was changed because throwing the machete was abused in some ways not because it was OP, so using the machete as an example is completely incorrect.

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
5 hours ago, WohMi said:

When you have a topic that is consistently and routinely brought up, maybe it might give you a hint that the opinion on that topic is different than what the people who regularly use the forums say it is.

It's the same couple of people who make these same suggestions, didn't you make the last 'Nerf the D'Lore' suggestion or was it the one before? And you regularly use the forums so this doesn't make a lot of sense.

5 hours ago, WohMi said:

These "suggestions" aren't actually rated by the player base, they're rated by the "high-class" players who regularly use and check forums. And lastly, Garnet has said he thinks its a good idea, and I think the person who would understand the pros and cons of changes would be the person who most directly benefits/loses from them.

Of course they are? Are you saying that the forums don't reflect the player base? Anyone is welcome to sign up, there's no high-class requirements, they could jump right in and get involved with this? So I'm not sure what you mean. Obviously it's more likely for it to be players who've been around more than a few days, I wouldn't expect everyone who played for an hour on the server to make a forums account.

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
9 hours ago, WohMi said:

"oh noes! I has to reload sooner than later." And yet it's very blatant to see that the people -1'ing this are incredibly biased.

Yes Wohmi, I would have to reload sooner, and yes I’m incredibly biased. For that reason I’ll be leaving my -1 and moving on. 

• Like 1
  • Spicy 1
17 hours ago, WohMi said:

do it, fuck them nooblets

"retarted" LOL.

If you think that the change would be bad, then you should take it up with the people at CS:GO. 

...except for the machete. Changing a donor weapon is not unheard of, especially in the sake of balance.

I think the funniest part about the reaction to this suggestion is that this would in no way affect the Dragonlore's ability. You're still able to out damage everything, the fire rate hasn't been nerfed, the only thing is "oh noes! I has to reload sooner than later." And yet it's very blatant to see that the people -1'ing this are incredibly biased. I think the best way to do this would be to implement it. If people consistently complain about the change and how "awful" it is, it wouldn't be too hard to just revert the changes.

im not gonna go ask the csgo nerds about gmod changes? do you read what you write?

15 hours ago, xFish said:

This is actually a good point, just like get more people on the forums lol. I'd love to see some low level 1 group on here instead of just people who've played for a long time.

I can already imagine how filled up the suggestions would be if we didnt have an automod on the forums 😛

Or, and hear me out. Dedicated Discord for DarkRP players thats advertised just as much as our TS.

Just change the current staff discord into a player wide, and keep all the staffing shit hidden-ez.
Everyone loves discord nowadays, and we could have a nice fun community chat about all suggestions.

that has also been denied before with garnet saying no himself.

whats next remove vipmod?

darkrp 2?

cityrp?

• Dumb/Shitpost 3
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, IAreGunner said:

whats next remove vipmod?

darkrp 2?

cityrp?

Slippery Slope Fallacy:

A slippery slope fallacy occurs when someone makes a claim about a series of events that would lead to one major event, usually a bad event. In this fallacy, a person makes a claim that one event leads to another event and so on until we come to some awful conclusion. Along the way, each step or event in the faulty logic becomes more and more improbable.

• Cringe 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Deft said:

Slippery Slope Fallacy:

A slippery slope fallacy occurs when someone makes a claim about a series of events that would lead to one major event, usually a bad event. In this fallacy, a person makes a claim that one event leads to another event and so on until we come to some awful conclusion. Along the way, each step or event in the faulty logic becomes more and more improbable.

ok

So what exactly are the arguments against this aside from "I want my 10 shot, almost guaranteed death, boomstick", "CSGO =/ GMOD", and "Another nerf Dlore post"?

AW50 could potentially be a matchup alternative for non-dono's, but I've never used it, and donators also have a plethora of alternatives. The active donators also happen to comprise the DarkRP 1%, in other words they have the most cash out of all players, meaning that they can exchange it In game for credits, unbox whatever powerful weapon (DB, RPG, Dlore, etc), and buy whatever guns they want from dealers (if they are that desperate). However, lower levelled players just starting out or even mid level players do not usually have access to these weapons unless they spend the money to buy them (which is unreasonable to expect), meaning they have less of a chance to win, or farm printers, or raid, or mug. For whoever cant piece it together, high level players have an overwhelming advantage over pretty much everyone else, and removing 5 bullets from the clip of an almost guaranteed 1 shot machine isn't much in comparison. As for high level combat between players with full perks and loadout of weapons, the dlore does play a pretty big role, but then again, you just have to hit your shots, or switch to the DB, or Stryker, or FG, or anything else.

+1, I am willing to change my mind if anyone can actually make an argument against it however, as I have been inactive in recent time and im not sure of most things I knew of back then.

And also, maybe the reason it gets suggested regularly is because people think there IS an issue, and by dismissing it as "another nerf dlore post" there is no hope for any actual discussion. 
EDIT: Dear lord there are so many denials of a Dlore nerf, i was not aware.

Edited by Kicks
Read latest post by me
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Kicks said:

And also, maybe the reason it gets suggested regularly is because people think there IS an issue, and by dismissing it as "another nerf dlore post" there is no hope for any actual discussion. 

Here’s one for you. Nerfing the ammo doesnt do anything to people with at least decent aim. It just pisses off the people that use 5 mags just to kill one person 

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, Jaz- said:

Here’s one for you. Nerfing the ammo doesnt do anything to people with at least decent aim. It just pisses off the people that use 5 mags just to kill one person 

But there would still be an effect that would benefit the newer players no? The purpose of my +1 is to bring up the fact that lower level players are kind of helpless if they do not have the means to counteract the extensive loadout and mobile armoury that higher level players mostly have. This means that if we nerf a gun mostly higher levelled players have, they will have more of a chance. If a player is actually good at the game then that is of no fault of balancing.  I understand what you mean though, it would be a quite annoying and redundant nerf for players who are naturally less skilled but i guess its an incentive to get good.

Edited by Kicks
  • Agree 1